Page 59 of 313 FirstFirst ... 93449565758596061626984109159 ... LastLast

• Selfie Expert

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

One more extra shift tonight, then two nights off, then on to my 7 night cycle.

I'm seriously considering getting off of nights after how the past few weeks have been. Really going to have to weigh the pros/cons...

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• Selfie Expert

Tomorrow I'm planning to stop by a cupcake shop to bring cupcakes in for a couple of techs that had birthdays a few weeks ago. I'm a little late... but hey! Cupcakes! Who's gonna complain, right?

• Evil is Sexy

I wouldn't complain about any kind of yummy food I didn't have to pay for!!
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• mountains beyond mtns.

Cupcakes? What are those?

Kelly, I don't need to tell you that moving to the day shift might bring more than its share of headaches.

Just 5 more days for Man of Steel!!!! I'm going to see it Friday and tentatively allowing for time on Saturday for a second viewing.

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by WildeNight View Post
    I wouldn't complain about any kind of yummy food I didn't have to pay for!!
    Amen, sister. Free food almost always tastes better, anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Cupcakes? What are those?

Kelly, I don't need to tell you that moving to the day shift might bring more than its share of headaches.

Just 5 more days for Man of Steel!!!! I'm going to see it Friday and tentatively allowing for time on Saturday for a second viewing.
    I'll bet they have sugar free cupcakes! Or we can split one next time we're in the parks. You can have a LITTLE!

Yeah... I don't think I'd move to days. I might if I were guaranteed to always work first shift (even though it's the worst shift tech-wise, it would be best for matching Sean's work schedule), but the day shift has to rotate between first and second shift. I like second shift, but it would be a nightmare as far as seeing Sean and the kiddo. The stability of third shift is just so nice, always knowing my schedule... and I would be home for dinner every night then head out for work around the kid's bedtime, anyway. I just hate the lack of communication in this shift. They always manage to not tell me things, which becomes a major issue occasionally - like last night! Argh.

• Selfie Expert

I'm planning to drag Sean to Iron Man on Tuesday, I think, and then we'll see Man of Steel next week. It's been too long since we've been to the movies!

• Grim Grinning

Quote Originally Posted by stitchfanocala View Post
    Mmmmmm yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I'll bet they have sugar free cupcakes! Or we can split one next time we're in the parks. You can have a LITTLE!
    They do indeed exist! I don't know if the Disney parks have them readily available, but when we did a Disney cruise right after Melissa was diagnosed diabetic, all we had to do was ask a CM to give her a choice of sugar free desserts, they brought out trays of stuff happily for her. So I'd imagine the parks are also ready to accommodate such needs.

• Grim Grinning

And on that note, the rest of the house is freezing, so I'm retiring to my room. Goodnight!!

• Selfie Expert

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    They do indeed exist! I don't know if the Disney parks have them readily available, but when we did a Disney cruise right after Melissa was diagnosed diabetic, all we had to do was ask a CM to give her a choice of sugar free desserts, they brought out trays of stuff happily for her. So I'd imagine the parks are also ready to accommodate such needs.
    I think diabetes and celiac are becoming such common occurences that more and more places are offering sugar-free and gluten-free options. I can't imagine what a nightmare it must have been even a decade ago to try and eat out with those kinds of restrictions.

Kelly, if you got off nights, you wouldn't be a night owl anymore. But I wish ya luck with it anyways.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Selfie Expert

I kind of like being a night owl. When I worked days, the shifts were often 6am-2:30pm, and on days off I'd be passing out by 9pm which is LAME!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    I kind of like being a night owl. When I worked days, the shifts were often 6am-2:30pm, and on days off I'd be passing out by 9pm which is LAME!
    That sounds like what I was doing with the job that I'm technically going back to. The training schedule they had me on back in January was 7am to 3:30 pm. Having to be up at like 6 every morning so I could drop both my son off at school, and the wife off at work, on the way to work. I was falling asleep at about 9 or 9:30 at night. It really wasn't lame to me though. Because at least I was back on a normal sleeping schedule, without the aid of any medication. This time around though, I'll be on a 10am to 6:30 training schedule, but I'll still be up early enough in the morning. Hopefully I'll be able to get my clock back in order.

Tonight, I'm pulling an all nighter so as to TRY to get my sleeping schedule back on track. Also because I'm short on "help" for it, especially since the last two nights I had to double on the help (sort of) because SOMEONE wouldn't let me sleep and kept disturbing me at 4am in the morning. So now I'm short by a couple of nights that won't get me through till my new work schedule starts. Ugh!
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Selfie Expert

Falling asleep at 9 or 9:30 wouldn't be so bad with a kid who goes to bed around the same time. It was just crappy when we would hang out with friends, and we usually are over there until 1 or 2am. Luckily those friends have a baby and a spare crib, so we'll still be able to hang out there.

I would occasionally have to double up on sleep aid. Always hated being short, but I usually alternated between prescription and OTC aids since I seemed to get tolerant to both after a few days. I'd take Ambien a few days to a week, then switch to doxylamine for a week. It helped keep both of them working a little better, and helped with not having to double up or ending up short.

Quote Originally Posted by amanda.collishaw View Post
    Mmmmmm yummy!
    There's someone here on MC that is a BIG fan of Johnny Depp, that has a bunch of pictures of him in her signature and has a photo of him & her as her avatar pic. But I don't remember who the person is. I am completely drawing a blank.

• Selfie Expert

I've seen them post a few times! I can't remember the user name, either.