Page 78 of 317 FirstFirst ... 2853687576777879808188103128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 4754

• Selfie Expert

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Set myself up for disappointment this morning. I had assumed every appointment included an ultrasound, since every appointment so far had... but none today! The doctor said that they should be able to tell the sex, but insurance won't cover an ultrasound just to check the sex, so they have to wait a few more weeks for an ultrasound that will check heart, lungs, brain, etc, and they'll check the sex at the same time.

That being said, she said to totally have the ultrasound tech at my hospital look and tell me since it's free! Hoping I can get a hold of her Friday or Monday. I'm dying to know!!!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

• we jumped out a window

Medical insurance strikes again!

• Evil is Sexy

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Set myself up for disappointment this morning. I had assumed every appointment included an ultrasound, since every appointment so far had... but none today! The doctor said that they should be able to tell the sex, but insurance won't cover an ultrasound just to check the sex, so they have to wait a few more weeks for an ultrasound that will check heart, lungs, brain, etc, and they'll check the sex at the same time.

That being said, she said to totally have the ultrasound tech at my hospital look and tell me since it's free! Hoping I can get a hold of her Friday or Monday. I'm dying to know!!!
    True! When my little sister was pregnant with her first, my Aunt (a midwife/Nurse Practitioner), took her to the hospital where she was working at the time and had the ultrasound tech give her a "sex check" screening when we were visiting... 13 years ago.
    That's when we found out it was a boy. He's going to be 13... in November... she's got a teenager now. Muahahahahahaah! *cough cough*

Having really weird cravings lately. No... pregnancy not possible unless it is immaculate conception. Cinnamon. So I've been adding a sprinkle of cinnamon to my 3 cups of hot tea every day. I also really wanted a Subway cold cut sandwich coming home from grocery shopping, it hit me like a weird "thwap". But I had frozen and dairy in the trunk and satisfied myself with a turkey and cheese sandwich from the pantry instead.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

Boo on the no ultrasound, but you will find out soon enough at your hospital, it sounds like.

I get cravings too sometimes, usually around the same time each month. What I crave varies from month to month - sometimes sweets, sometimes pizza, sometimes fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by brand42 View Post
    Irony!!!

LOL Our web sites are being tracked.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

And I haven't been sleeping well the past few nights. I come home from work, and I want to sleep. I lounge back on the bed & I snooze for an hour or so. But then when its actually time to go to bed, I just can't get to sleep. It also doesn't help when my wife snores a lot off and on.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

Maybe if you don't sleep right after work it will make you tired?

Or you could always try reading the tax code right before bed. If that doesn't work, nothing will.

Perhaps. I am going to force myself to stay up till its basically time to go to bed, and hopefully I'll be able to sleep.

• Evil is Sexy

Kirstenh - I often have odd cravings. The first time I can remember them, I was in my early 20's and wanted sardines... from a can... all the time. *blinks* Most commonly it is hot wings. The vinegar based sauce, I think, is what I'm after since I can't handle anything too spicy. A few weeks ago I couldn't get enough lime. I was putting lime in everything sane. I even made, what ended up being extremely tasty, ramen noodles with lime juice, avacado and tomato.

Stitchfanocala - I have that problem all the time! They lumped it in with my atypical depression issue. I've been avoiding naps unless I know I want to stay up late. They also recommended that I make sure I get at least 15 minutes of sunlight, without sunglasses, so my brain makes it's melatonin properly.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Selfie Expert

I haven't craved anything too weird, but I do get VERY strong cravings. Almost always for junk food. :-\

I got 2.5-3 hours of nap in today, hopefully enough to get through my shift tonight without completely crashing. Definitely already looking forward to clocking out and getting back in bed!

• Selfie Expert

Reeeeeeally don't want to go to work! Tonight starts with my new tech... and she's not really new. She's just new to being an overnighter. She's one of my friends, so I know we get along, and she's one of the best techs we have so I know she'll take good care of me. I just hope she ends up liking the overnight shift.

Kelly, your post is sounding like an episode of Grey's Anatomy. I've been doing a good job so far keeping myself up tonight. First watched the Justin Timberlake movie In Time, a movie that surprisingly makes ya think. Now I'm watching Sunday's episode of True Blood. Kelly, I'm so sorry for trying to get you into watching this show. This season so far is such CRAAAAP!

• Selfie Expert

Haha I still haven't given True Blood a shot. I still have so many unfinished series, I feel bad adding another.

• we jumped out a window

Awww, I wish I could have cravings!

but at least I can fall asleep within minutes

• Selfie Expert

You want cravings? lol I wish I had cravings for healthy food.

Right now, I would LOVE a big bowl of rice with soy sauce... and an avocado roll. *drools*

Oh! I have edamame in the freezer! YES!

I'm jealous of your sleeping skills.