Page 81 of 314 FirstFirst ... 3156717879808182838491106131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 4698

• mountains beyond mtns.

Re: OMG! Let's Talk On Lion!!

Well if it were one of her favorites, which I am not, she would go on and on..."yayyy I'm so proud of what you did! Blah blah blah"

• Selfie Expert

I have the same issues for my boss, Brandon! Just know you did the right thing for the patient, and that's all that matters. Good job!

Thank you to Poisonedapples for my awesome signature!
    KellyMcG86's Disneyland To Do List

Work is going good, we have finished one week of training today. Still have one more full week to go, although we won't be going on Thursday because of the holiday. So which means we will have our last day of in class training the following Monday. And then live on the phones from that point on for two weeks before we are fully on our own. I've done call center customer service for the last decade so it should be a piece of cake. The trick will be later on because I am trying to figure out a school schedule come this Fall, but it will be tricky with my work schedule being sometime between 10am and 7pm. And there aren't many classes in the early morning or in the later evening.

And let me also add that online classes are not an option as that most or all of them are full. Everyone seems to be going for those nowadays.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Selfie Expert

Some schools offer weekend classes - they're usually longer per class (4-6 hours on Saturdays vs. 1.5 hours two or three times a week). Maybe that'll be an option for you?

I'm not a fan of online classes unless it's a joke class like sociology or something. I could not do something I actually have to learn, like math or science, through an online class.

• Selfie Expert

So we've been tracking missed orders in the pharmacy - you have to figure out which pharmacist missed the order, and they have to explain why they missed it.

I haven't missed an order (at least not one that's been noticed lol) since we started tracking!

Also, one of my coworkers has been running reports to see how many orders each person enters on their shift. I by far enter the most. In fact, I entered 674 orders Wednesday night, when we had all the codes.

I'm pretty proud of myself right now! Sorry, I have to brag a little since the overnight shift is always told that we do nothing but sit around all night, which is why they pile a lot of other work onto us despite the fact that we are the least staffed shift. Now I can throw into their face that we're also the busiest shift AND the most accurate shift.

IN YO' FACE!

Quote Originally Posted by KellyMcG86 View Post
    Some schools offer weekend classes - they're usually longer per class (4-6 hours on Saturdays vs. 1.5 hours two or three times a week). Maybe that'll be an option for you?

I'm not a fan of online classes unless it's a joke class like sociology or something. I could not do something I actually have to learn, like math or science, through an online class.
    Nope, not many weekend classes either. It was so much easier to attend community college in California. Here in Florida its a bit different.
    "Our greatest natural resource is the minds of our children." - Walter Elias Disney

• Selfie Expert

Is there another community college you can look into? In Arizona we have a lot of them, so there are a few options within a 30-45 minute drive. I have NO idea if FL is like that, just throwing it out there!

My community college also offered evening classes that started at 8 or 9pm, and went until 10 or 11. Other than that, it does sound like you'll be in a bit of a bind.

Nope. Here in Ocala, there is only one. I don't have enough units to transfer to FU yet, which is 30 minutes away. They have a few classes that go beyond 8pm at night, but none of them I can take.

• Selfie Expert

I'm guessing FU would be more expensive, too.

Hmm... and Ocala isn't part of a county system? You can't take an online class that's based from another community college and the credits transfer? Like I said I'm not a fan of online, but if it's your only option due to your schedule...

Not a campus that's close enough driving distance. I could only go to school in town.

Plus, there's a new client that's coming in as another 3rd party company. People would know them as Toys R Us, and we're going to be their customer service line for the area I guess, and they're arriving in August with more hours. So I may be able to switch to them and possibly pick up another schedule, I don't know. We'll have to see what happens. Either that, or I may have to drop down to part time hours. My work is willing to work around it I believe.

• Selfie Expert

An online class you wouldn't have to drive to the campus. You can sometimes even take online classes that are based in different states so long as the credits are eligible. The credits should just transfer to your home campus.

Some of them actually do. They require you to drive at least for one day, or even one a month. But the problem is around here, most or all of the online classes are full. Registration for the Fall semester started a few weeks ago. Early for some reason.

• Selfie Expert

Well obviously don't pick the online classes that require you to drive.

People go crazy at registration time. Classes sell out like concert tickets! lol Hopefully you'll get something figured out.

• Evil is Sexy

That's odd that they require you to attend brick and mortar like that for online. When my husband finished his degree via online courses, the only time he had to go to campus was for midterm and finals. It wasn't even a main campus, it was some satellite campus that served many schools.
    Peter Pan: "You know, your hair is on fire."
    Me: "Yes. It happened after a recent trip to Neverland."
    Peter Pan: "Well, you can dunk your head in the pond behind us, if you want."

Lost Child of
    Neverland since 1996.
    ~Favorite Hero: Peter Pan. Favorite Villian:Malificent.Favorite Ride: The Haunted Mansion.~

• Selfie Expert

I know of many online classes and schools - such as University of Phoenix - where you don't even have to go to the campus for the midterms and finals. I would expect that for upper level courses, but even then I would think you could arrange it at a local testing center, which is what I'd expect from a national online school like UOP.