• Oh bother!

Do I need skin care products?

My 30th birthday is approaching and looking over some recent photos, I've realized that I don't look as young as I used to. I'm pretty simple (don't wear much make-up) and I've just been using Cetaphil cleanser since junior high. Also moisturizer for the occasional dry patch (mostly in winter.) My skin is oily in summer and dry in winter and still breaks out a little every so often. I've started to notice dark-ish circles under my eyes and the beginning of fine lines.

So.... do I need to start using skin products to slow down the aging process? Any recommendations on products?

Thanks girls!
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

Re: Do I need skin care products?

The moisturizer I use is by Aubrey organics. Green tea extract and sunscreen. I was astonished at the difference it made to moisturize. I get few break-outs anymore (I was surprised to find I didn't outgrow acne) and my skin is so much better. I don't remember if Cetaphil is good to your skin or not; make sure it's gentle. "Gentle" means something different now than it did when we were 17- we're a little more delicate than we used to be. I use Aveeno face-wash with soy.

Thirty is still young, but it's never too soon to take good care of your skin.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Give Peace a Chance

You really are never too young to start to take care of your skin. The environment plays a big part on damaging the skin, ask any dermatologist. Cetaphil is dermatology recommended (worked for one) and is safe to use. If your skin is dry a cream based cleanser twice daily is recommended, followed by an alcohol free toner and moisturizer. Sun screen SPF 30 on your face is a must. You get the idea, regardless of your skin type. Using a mask once a week is not a bad idea either. The important thing is not to use products for oily skin on dry skin, this would help to clog the pores. A good diet and drinking lots of water is also just as important. We all age, it will happen no matter what, but why not make the best use of what you have.
    The products do not have to be the most expensive on the market. Many home made products work just fine.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm 31 (will be 32 this summer). I've been using the Oil of Olay moisturizer for as long as I can remember. For me it works just as well as the more expensive brands... though I'm always on the lookout for something new to try.

As far as masks and scrubs go- use mashed fruit, milk, honey and yogurt. Add oatmeal if you need to exfoliate more. Strawberries, bananas, peaches are the ones I see recommended most. It's not something you do every day- once a week maybe.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

I use Cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer and I love it. Philosophy's Purity is also a GREAT gentle cleanser.

For once a week exfoiliation I use Philosophy's The Great One, I talk about it all the time but I absolutely love the way my skin looks after using it. I tried the Loreal version when Sephora was out of it once and soooo not the same results.

I'm on the look out for a good eye cream, I have both the dark circles and the fine lines a'showing.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Neutrogena face wash and Oil of Olay (with sunscreen) have been my staples. I do love the Philosophy Purity though, and Hope in a Jar.

But remember, sunscreen, sunscreen, sunscreen! Don't smoke and drink lots of water.
    A signature should go here.

• no flash photography...

I have been using products for the aging process since I was 24 and my mother handed me eye cteam and said you're never to young to start...LOL...yes, i think everyone can benefit from skin care products.

• Believes in fairy tales

I have been using Retin A since I was about 28 (I'm now 38). I believe in being proactive. If you start using it before you have problems, it will help prevent them. I would also recommend an alpha hydroxy lotion (I use Amlactin 12%, available over the counter). I also use a beta hydroxy. With all of these, I alternate each night. Each one prevents lines in different ways, and beta hydroxy is the only one that really helps to reduce pores.

• Oh bother!

alphabassetgrrl - your post made me hungry! Maybe I can clean my face and then eat

I picked up some Olay last night and I like it already!

I'm going to Sephora (for the second time ever) next week - so I might pick up Hope in a Jar and see if what they recommnd for eyes.

Boy this is turning into an expensive shopping trip!
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

• Circle of Ancients

HoppyPooh ...taking care of your skin doesn't have to be expensive. I think the best thing you can do for skin is eat well and drink lots and lots of water. And you can make a good face mask with oatmeal and water, (not the instant kind, the slow cook kind). (I really need to follow my own advice more often...I'm kind of hit and miss) The other really important thing is to always wear sunscreen ...my foundation has sunscreen in it and has saved me from getting sunburned many times! The other thing I should have done more when I was young was wear good sunglasses , especially while driving ....my crow's feet on the left side of my face are worse than the right side. But they're mostly from smiling so that's okay, and if they really bother me I can always get a squirt (or 6 ) of botox!!LOL