Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Man O Lantern

The First Boy Phone Call!

Last night, Courtney's mutual crush called her for the first time! I was at Bunco, so I missed the million shades of red she must have turned when my husband handed her the phone.

Her friends are allowed to call boys, and I told her it could wait for a year or two, so she wasn't even sure she could talk to him. It was really funny.

She's embarrassed....it's the first time she won't talk to me about something related to him, so it's kind of cute, although I'm dying of curiosity!

Do you remember your "first" phone call?

I remember crank calling the boys I liked....cause I had such awesome social skills. But I do remember the first boy who called me and my parents made such a big deal about it....and now I know why! It's so sweet....what courage it must take to call a girl you really like!

He continues to be a really nice kid, polite and friendly to us, very nice to the younger two girls, and he adores Courtney. Has for over a year. It's weird, and it makes me feel old, but...there's no kid nicer for a first crush! I can't believe my baby girl is almost eleven. There's a lot of talk of middle school lately....I'm so not ready!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Re: The First Boy Phone Call!

Oh girl... bittersweet, isn't it? How do they grow so fast when we still seem so young? Well, mine is in Middle School this year and starts Junior High next year. Yet, I'm still not ready for Middle School

I'd be dying to know what they talked about, too. I remember talking to friends on the phone and talking about absolutely nothing. Then making plans to get together to talk about nothing some more. I do remember my first call from a boy and my 2 best friends were there with me for support, LOL!!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    Mark Twain

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Ahhhh, the baby is going to go and grow into a girl with raging teenage hormones.
    I'm sorry you missed it!
    I be she's floating on a cloud at school today and that there will be anxious whispering with her friends!

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I remember my first boy call.....

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    I remember my first boy call.....
    Awwww......

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Ohhhhhhhh Courtneyyyyyyy
    That's what I'd say, 'cause I'm immature like that I agree with Patty I bet she's floating today and there's a ton of whispering going on!

I remember my first boy call, most embarassing moment ever. My mom answered and thought that he said "TIM" which was my stepdad's name so she handed my stepdad the phone and when he answered he was like "who?? Who is this? Oh you want Tina...oh well WHO IS THIS" It sucked

Kyler's been talking a lot about one particular girl lately "she's just my friendddddd" but he's all smiley when he talks about her. There's been lots of jr. high talk here too. Scary

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Banned User

yeah, raging hormons and the woa's that are going with it. My Rachal has had a boy call her every night for months, they are just friends she says, but I know when she talks about him that he is the greatest person alive. I took them to the show and dropped her and him and his friend off at the show 2 weeks ago, they are a hoot! My daughter now had 3 pimples and is a raging hormon over it. I am so not prepared!! I had to go get her face wash, face meds, and face cleanser, and face spot cover up gee, I do not own makew up my self but I am darn well going to make sure she is happy. If not she will drive me insane!!!

• Banned User

oh and I have not used my own phone now in months, the phone rings she picks it up, and it rings til 8:00 at night~ ( non stop!!! )I have a cut off at 8:00 during the week, 9:00 on the weekends. I am now using my cell

• Man O Lantern

We're doing some talking about the phone thing around here, too. I hate to answer the phone and I hate call waiting. Sooo....the result? Leave me a voicemail, and I'll call you back when I can.

But with Courtney getting all her phone calls from friends....we have to answer the phone all the time...and now I'm getting stuck with more obligations and plans...the very things I avoid by not answering the phone in the first place!

I think we're going to get a second cell phone...we've talked a zillion times about getting rid of our land line. Courtney's the only one who uses it anyway at this point. I almost always use my cell now.

I'm still giggly for her. I'm sure there are fun giggly whispers happening at school today. I hadn't even thought about that.

• most magical vaca ever

Awe.... My son has had girls calling here since last summer but he (12 in April) would NEVER call a girl I think my daughter (7) will be dating before him
    ~~~~~~

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by DMof2
    Awe.... My son has had girls calling here since last summer but he (12 in April) would NEVER call a girl I think my daughter (7) will be dating before him
    Yeah, all my daughter's friends call boys alllll the time. I always hear the boys' moms complaining about it, and I vowed my daughter wouldn't be one of the giggly callers, and she hasn't been. Never occurred to me that a boy would call her.

I think the cutest thing was my husband. He actually called me at Bunco to tell me about it...he ran with his cell phone to our bedroom to call me just as fast as she ran with the other phone to her bedroom. Hilarious.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

That's too cute - you're all giggly and silly with her. You should so do a Starbucks bonding moment after school. Maybe she'll open up with you. Put on your best Gilmore performance!

• Banned User

we do not have three way calling, but when I got my phone bill this last week sure enough we did, oh did I forget to say we do not have it, but she used it so many times that i paid boocuuuu bucks for it. I was like " Rachal enough!! you can talk with them at school or you can talk to them on the phone one at a time, but if you three way call again 20 times ( at 75 cents a pop) I am going to take the phone out and put in a pay phone!!

• Banned User

my daughter is also the match maker of the century, girls and boys call non stop asking her to ask this boy, or this girl if they like one another. she is the leader of the pack so to speak. and I swear if it does not slow down I am taking the phone out and using the cell phone for good. She can make smoke signals to all her friends in the front yard!

• Man O Lantern

I'm a phone nazi, so she knows she can't get away with much right now...I just think 10/11 is too young for some of what her friends get are doing with the 3-way calling and calling boys, or calling their friends 5 times a day. It's just too much for ten year olds. They aren't mature enough to deal with some of the gossip-spreading stuff that is happening with the 3-way calls! I kinda wish more of the parents were on the same page as me with the phone thing. There will be puh-lenty of time for that in the future!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast