Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Off With Her Head! (Er, I Mean Hair....)

Ok, I'm tired of my rat's nest. I bought a ceramic straightening iron last night to try a "different" look than my usual "old perm splendor". And, I loved the way it turned out - soft, shiny, and very sophisticated. However, I was fine until I noticed the severely damaged ends of my hair, which have been camophlaged by the old perm.

So, I'm contemplating that it's time to go. I still want shoulder-length, but I could probably do without the lower 5-6 inches of small animal bedding that I've called hair. I would really love to grow it out to my waist, but it's so damaged, that the ends just keep breaking into more and more frizz every day. (So, it'd be long, but not pretty.)

I've never really had straight hair since 5th grade - I've been perming it ever since. And, now, I think it's time to leave the 80's behind.

So, should I? It's down below the bottom of my shoulder blades right now, and I'd go to just a couple inches below the shoulders.

I attached a photo that I just took with my cellphone, after a quick straightening job this morning. Is straight really me??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Re: Off With Her Head! (Er, I Mean Hair....)

Yes! I have always wondered what you would look like with straightened hair.

Find the right person who is willing to give you the right advice. If you still want body, try longer layers. I swear by them after years of flat hair.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Ohhhhhhhhh teresa you look so prettiful!! I like the straight look, really really do!! I agree with M go with long layers,

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Make it short! Look at C-Legs! Her hair looks GREAT!! Remember Goonie when she did it? I love the shorter hair look. I have a friend that has hair down past her a$$ and its just long and stringy and nasty! When we were roommates her long nasty hair always clogged the shower drains and got tangled in the vacuum cleaner and was all over the house on the carpet and would get wrapped around your toes when you walked around barefoot - blech! Woman shed like a cat I swear!

CUT IT OFF!!!

• Gay Man

I think you could use a good trim with a bit of layering for shape and volume. A bit of shape around the face would make it easy to deal with as well and be very pretty with your headpiece.

I like the straight on you - if it would be easy to deal with. I can picture a new cut already and it look good!

Call me if you want stylist recs. I have 2 that are local.

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    Find the right person who is willing to give you the right advice. If you still want body, try longer layers. I swear by them after years of flat hair.
    Luckily, the head of our coven is a professional hair dresser, so I would definitely trust her with it. I haven't even had it trimmed since my last perm in late May of last year at the Paul Mitchell School, since the salon where our friend works doesn't do chemicals.

I'll have to talk to her about long layers. I just don't want my hair above or at the shoulders, as that drives me nuts, since I still like to wear my hair up too.

I like this straightening iron thing too..... it's so nice to run my fingers through my hair without it snagging for once.

• Original Mice-Chatter

I like it too- and I can relate to the damaged hair issue. I used to lighten my hair, stopped doing that years ago but I was getting rid of the ends bit by bit. Then last week I got a free hair cut at a facy salon (the woman who offered was training) and she did these great squared layers and I love it! She kept the length as much as possible, but got rid of all the ickies.

Besides that- hair grows back- that's what makes it fun to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    Woman shed like a cat I swear!
    Heck, our cats walk around with MY hair stuck to 'em.

It's just gotten tiring. All I've done is complain about it too, especially since it now gets caught under my armpits when laying in bed.

Not short though - I went short for quite a few years (albeit permed).

Shoulder-length should do the trick - still long enough to play with, yet not unruly enough to be a hassle.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I have been letting my hair get a little longer the last few trips to my hairdresser. It is just above my shoulders now. With the layers it looks great. I used to be a long hair, unstyled type. I was totally afraid of layers. Now that I have them, I could not imagine my hair without them.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Wow, it looks great straightened! Have fun, it's only hair, it will grow back and there is plenty of time between now and the wedding in case you hate it. You will want some layers so it looks like an actual haircut though. It makes all the difference.

And hey, nobody suggested she get her hair cut as short as mine! Whatever!
    A signature should go here.

• Jacob <3 Cotton Candy

Disneyphile is ONE HOT MAMA in that pic!!!

Disneyphile, you should cut off the split ends and get your hair layered if you plan on having your hair flat-ironed. Now a big question, Disneyphile is your hair more inclined to get curly and frizzy on it's own?
    I have naturally curly hair and it frizzes too (unfortunately curly hair is naturally dry and brittle). What really helps get the frizzies down without drying out your hair is the John Frida hair products for people who have curly or permed hair. The specific one I like to use is the Winding down cream. You put it in your hair when it is Damp-Wet and you blow dry it straight and it doesn't take all the moisture from hair in the process. Then after you flat iron your hair put on some John Frida Anti-frizz serum and you are set for about two days. What is really nice is that this product leaves your hair super soft, silky and shiny. John Frida products are sold at Walmart for a reasonable price and definitly worth it!

Hope that helps.
    Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• I'm your huckleberry.

Teresa, I haven't seen you with the non-straightened hair, but from the pic above, straight looks good on you. I'd go with some chunky, chin-length layers around your face!

Oh, and I second Cara's suggestion at the John Frieda stuff. I swear by his Dream Curls spray, and have used a lot of the other products as well! Good price and great quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I love the John Frieda Secret Weapon. It's great for smoothing and getting an extra day out of your hair style. And like everyone said, it's not expensive and you can find it at Target or the drug store.
    A signature should go here.

• Gay Man

Don't be nervous. You wil LOVE the difference.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast