Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    Gap commercial
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Rantings of Soccer Mom

In the past month, I officially became a Soccer Mom. Brian started soccer, and he is having a great time. Which is the whole point of him being in it.

Unfortunately, my mom instincts kicked in when we had not heard about team assignments as the first games quickly approached. They shortened the season by a week due to issues of which we were not informed. We received a call from the coach two weeks before his first game.

We show up to the first practice, which was a non practice, more a team meeting. The next practice was scheduled on a Saturday, and I already had plans, so we missed it (darn that Buzz Lightyear soft opening!) He then had two more practices before the first game.

In those two practices, the only fundamentals of soccer the kids were shown was throw-ins, which forced the families to stay 20 minutes after practice ended. We show up at the game, it was great, the coach had them practice some fundamentals, while being distracted by his cell phone.

The next two weeks, Brian was out of the practices and the games due to pneumonia. We started him back to practice this past Monday. The only thing the kids did on Monday was scrimmage. Not a single moment was spent on teaching them HOW to play the game. The coach expected them to be field ready at all times.

This being Brian's first time in Soccer, I figured that he would get at least some fundamentals before he would be expected to display his talents in a game. No such luck with this coach. He warms them up then puts them straight into scrimmages. He tells the kids to pass the ball, but he hasn't shown them HOW to pass the ball. When Brian is in goal, he tells him to kick the ball, but does not show him how goalies kick the ball.

Kids are kicking at the ball even after the goalie traps the ball, and the coach says nothing. Kids slide at the ball, tripping their teammates, the coach says nothing.

The coach brags about how his team went undefeated last season. I have even heard a rumor that he has never lost a game. This makes me sad in a way because the coach seems to be more interested in winning than making sure that the kids are there to enjoy themselves first and foremost, with winning being a reward, NOT an expectation.

My husband and I had experiences in soccer that were vastly different than what Brian is experiencing. I remember that practice was dedicated to running drills, with a short scrimmage at the end of practice. Brian's team scrimmages for 45 minutes of his hour long practice.

We are already supplementing his lessons on the sport because we want him to have some basics so he has an idea of what he is supposed to be doing. My brain is telling me to pull him out or switch to a different team because I can't see spending another two months dealing with this lame *** coach. My heart knows that there is a lesson to be learned in this for Brian, as well as my husband and I, that perserverance will pay off in the end.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • June 3rd, 2011

Ok, I have to vent. Gwyren's picture looks like David Koresh and is really scaring me
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

• Waiting for the stork

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyren
    I have a tendence to vent fast enough that I usually crash head lone into something (figuratively) and then collapse from exhaustion.
    procrastibating

Left the church, but not the parishioners.
    Gods, I need chocolate.

I'm so completely overwhelmed with things this week, that my head is absolutely spinning. I've gone from having a nice laidback Spring, to working on an outside computer project that is rather complex, in addition to now starting a business that my friends have been prodding me to do for over the last year.

So, even though I'm overwhelmed, I have to keep my brain clear, because both ventures are a bit difficult, and the one requires a LOT of planning to make sure all technical and legal issues will be covered. And, to top it off, I'm anxious as heck - not only excited, but also a bit afraid it won't turn out as planned, but also afraid that it will go much better than planned and become so successful, that I won't know what to do.

So..... please. Hand over some chocolate, and no one gets hurt.

• Feel the breeze!

Quote Originally Posted by PirateMunkee
    Ok, I have to vent. Gwyren's picture looks like David Koresh and is really scaring me
    Fine. Then I will bench it.

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyren
    Fine. Then I will bench it.
    Aw, I thought it was ok. Hmm..whacha going to put up now, Nic?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Feel the breeze!

Truthfully? I have no clue. Maybe a pic of my kitties beating on each other, sleeping together, or a bear we (my mom and I) saw at Yellowstone, if I can get them to size well.

We shall see when I can find the time/energy to do another.

• /sigh

The fighting cats would be neat! Do they happen to have any specific fighting style? Boxing? Karate? Fencing? oooo fencing kitties would be cute
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"

• /sigh

Here ya go..found some fighting kitties!

Last edited by Cuzco-topia; 03-31-2005 at 07:00 PM.

• Waiting for the stork

procrastibating

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries
    sweet. All cats should be trained thusly.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• Feel the breeze!

No, no. My cats sumo wrestle!

Vent - Why in the universe does someone need to post they have an issue with my avatar? PM me if you DO have an issue - I feel that would be a bit more civilized way to take care of it.
    Last edited by Gwyren; 03-31-2005 at 11:07 PM.

• Waiting for the stork

Gwyren-
    Please put your avitar back, I liked it.
    It's nice to see who we are talking to.

and as far as the earlier comment, I think sometimes people forget that there are real people at the other end.
    procrastibating

• Feel the breeze!

Why is it that people, after being spoken to by the apartment manager 4-5 times, STILL cannot learn what appropriate volumn levels are?

Why can said apartment manager never be reached on the weekends?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast