Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

A Good Ol Fashioned Vent Thread!

Vent here...whatever, whenever!

As some of you may know..a couple of months ago my son Bailey broke his arm playing football. He had to have it set with pins in surgery and since it was in the middle of the night, they kept him for observation in the hospital. Our total length of hospital stay was NOT EVEN 12 hours...including ER time and surgery time. Our bill for all of the hospital, etc.....$15,000!

The hospital room...just the room was $900! For 7 hours!

Ack! Makes it hard to breathe! Of course we have insurance and a secondary policy for this accident...but geesh! I'm just sick that it should cost that much money!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by baileykat
    Vent here...whatever, whenever!

As some of you may know..a couple of months ago my son Bailey broke his arm playing football. He had to have it set with pins in surgery and since it was in the middle of the night, they kept him for observation in the hospital. Our total length of hospital stay was NOT EVEN 12 hours...including ER time and surgery time. Our bill for all of the hospital, etc.....$15,000!

The hospital room...just the room was $900! For 7 hours!

Ack! Makes it hard to breathe! Of course we have insurance and a secondary policy for this accident...but geesh! I'm just sick that it should cost that much money!
    Oh I sooooooo feel you on that one, not for as much $$$ but for your frustration.
    When Shawn got stitches about two years ago, on his eyelid we had a 10 day period between insurances so of course he picks that period to get hurt.

Well we waited for over 6 hours(somewhere between 6 & 8)to be seen, finally get seen they stitch it, like 5 stitches or so and it cost me $2500. For 5 stitches. RIDICULOUS!!

• The Mad Hatter

heh, i had some problems with a tube between my liver and my bladder a few years back, was in the hospital for 9 days, and over 12 hours in the ER, 8 hours in surgery, i think my total bill came to around $36.5k..... all i can say is thank goodness for insurance

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

And people wonder why health insurance is so expensive?

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries
    Just over a year ago my daughters fiance had a bike accident, had a compound fracture in one arm and had to have surgery. He too had rods and plates put in his arm, but they made him stay in the hospital for a week for IV antibiotics because of the compound fracture. Thankfully he had insurance since his bill was over $40,000 if I remember correctly. I work in a hospital as a monitor tech, and I even think its beyond outragous what they charge for the slightest little thing. I can't imagine what would of happened if my daughters boyfriend didn't have any insurance. There are so many people who have no coverage (like my daughter) and its scary!!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    When I had Brian via C-Section, the *contracted* rate for just the doctor to perform the surgery was $10,000. I can't imagine what her rate was without insurance. Ouch!

As for vents, I will be posting a nice little trip report once I am done with Jury Duty. Ick!
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Just Me

Quote Originally Posted by mamabot
    As for vents, I will be posting a nice little trip report once I am done with Jury Duty. Ick!
    People I work with actually VOLUNTEER for jury duty. It is time off the phones. One of my closest friends ended up on some federal case in Fresno. She was gone for almost 6 months and the envy of 85% of her co-workers.

• Go PDF! www.txrd.com

Gah..I know. It's a good thing my SIL's adopted son was covered under Medicare (or Medicaid...whatever..they both seem the same to me anway). He was born at around 5 mos and had to stay in the hospital's NICU unit a total of like almost 80 days. Total bill that my SIL would've had to pay if not for Medicare? Close to a million. That included the incubator, all the equipment, docs, nurses, special food, etc. Downright scary....

TOV

Hit 'em where it hurts..right in the sales aisle.Help support the 'girl-cotting' of A&F. Pass the word..tell your mom,your sister,your wife and girlfriends.Show your support for women everywhere by supporting the girl-cotting of Abercrombie.

• Waiting for the stork

Vent thread seems as good a place as anywhere....
    so don't mind me I'm just venting....
    I'm having a crappy day! I run a family childcare program and all the kids are being little monsters today, I swear they all woke up on the wrong side of the bed, is it a full moon or something? they are yelling at each other and me, I have been hit ( what the *@#* is with that? there little) I have been screamed "NO" at more times than i care to count...Time out is not working, re-direction is not working, losing my patients certainly will not work (which is why I am typing now so I don't lose my patients) Yes it's just after 11:00 and they have had lunch (early) and are down for nap.....I hope they sleep well.
    I Love them and I love my Job but everyone days where they wish they didn't have to work...Everyone else cn call in sick (or at least screw around at your desk) but I CAN'T if I do the parents are out of luck...I need a sanity day...(3 day weekend coming up...Presidents day I'm closed! Yeah!)

oh well..I just needed to vent, thanks for listening...It will be better after nap (It better be)

• Banned User

i hate that people keep starting new threads about how much DCA sucks. I also hate that people at certain other boards are complete hypocrites.

• It's all nonsense

I Hate Pickles!

• no flash photography...

I hate my wrist injury and my employers lack of consideration for an injury that they caused.....I hope the doc doesn't take me off work. I go back to him on friday. However, my employer has not done any of his recommedations to make my desk more suitable for my injury....*sigh*

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    Nathan was injured on the job. The company never treated him the same way again, even though the injury was a result of an accidnt by another co-worker. He only stayed at that company for another 4 months before he quit.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• e komo mai

I'd like to vent about vents. The one in my bathroom needs to be cleaned badly.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    I'd like to vent about taxes, I OWE this year and it SUCKS!!

*let the stalking continue

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast