What are some of your favorite activities to do with your daughters?
I was at a mother -daughter retreat this past weekend with my daughters and we had so much fun doing all the different activities. They were:
1. Shopping with them beforehand to get matching hats and shirts to wear for the look alike contest.
2. Eating food that we didn't have to cook and not having to wash any dishes
4. Going to seminars on various topics like "Running Life's Race," "Finding your inner beauty," and "Scrapbooking a faith journal"
5. Playing games like Yahtzee and Pictionary
6. Playing a game they made up where we picked a topic like cheeses , said what cheese was our favorite , then drew a picture of what we would look like if we were that cheese. (We played that game late at night in our cabin and it had us in hysterics when we looked at each other's drawings! )
7. Dancing (We learned Irsish dancing this time)
8. Crafts....we made picture frames that were collages of all different pictures we found in magazines...it was very relaxing!
9. Playing basketball
10. Visiting with other moms and their daughters
11. Testing our courage by singing a song in a talent show
12. Drawing on cups with sharpie pens all the things we love to do then sharing that with each other and also sharing what we love best about each other
13. More singing and a closing prayer.
One of our favorite things is doing ropes courses and climbing walls. This weekend we did a new one called "The Flying Squirrel." There is a VERY long rope that goes through a ring that's about 100 feet up in the air between two trees. One person gets hooked onto one end of the rope with a helmet, shoulder harness and waist belt. Then 6 people get hooked onto the other end of the rope with waist belts. When the one person yells "Bananas," the other 6 people start jogging upp a trail and this pulls the one person straight up to the ring between the trees where they can swing back and forth for a few minutes. It is not scary at all and is an absolute blast!!!
What are some of your favorite things to do with your daughters?
If you don't have daughters, what about with your sons?