Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Who's decorating/doing something special for Valentine's Day?

I LOVE Valentine's Day....it is my favorite holiday ....I even love it more than Christmas probably because it's a lot less stressful time of year and there's not as much happening.

Every year no matter what day it falls on , I make heart shaped pancakes with strawberries and whip cream on them for breakfast and give each member of my family a card and a small gift.

I also have a whole bunch of decorations that I put out at the beginning of February....I'm a little slow this year since I've been traveling but I'm going to go up into my attic in a few minutes and get them down. My favorite thing is little heart shaped lights that I string across my headboard! I also have a beautiful candle that has a really nice glow that I put on my nightstand!

What, if anything , do you do special for Valentine's Day?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Who's decorating/doing something special for Valentine's Day?

I wish I could decorate for the Christmas/V-Day party Saturday but my roommate's a little particular about that. And, you kow, I don't have any V Day decorations! i'll wear red or pink that day, though
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Life is Great!

if hubys traveling he always sends flowers to me at work(if it falls on a weekend he sends them the friday before cause he knows i like to have them on my desk) if he is in town we plan something, this year we are deciding whether to go to disneyland on the 14th or 15th, w will get a sitter for the baby and spend the whole day there with max. i guess we already had our special night there january 28th since we went without the kids that night. we do try to do something special each year, but we also try to make special times all year round.

• Banned User

well I wish I was at buttercups house to habve the pancakes!!!
    For me I do nothing, why? but the kids of course have school parties and I send candy and cards to school with them. Now if any one wants to send me choclates please ask me for the address and I will be very happy

• Man O Lantern

I'm not doing anything around here special...but I was just reminded this morning that I'm charge of the V-Day party in Cassidy's class.

I ordered plain heart-shaped sugar cookies from a local bakery. I'm going to bring different frostings, candies, sprinkles, etc., and let the kids decorate their own cookies. The teacher has a game planned, I got another mom to commit to bringing water bottles and another mom is bringing plates/napkins...and we're each bringing pencils/erasers/other V-day crapola.

For my girls...I don't generally do anything special for them on V-day. My husband usually does something...candy, flowers, etc. In the past, I've bought them books, gotten their pics taken, bought little cutesy outfits...now nada! I go to their parties, I've helped them make homemade valentines for all the kids in their classes, bought flowers for their teachers....OMG.

For a holiday I don't care for...I have put a lot of energy into it, in the past. This year it was a box of Valentines...Star Wars for Cass, Olivia for Chloe. Courtney hasn't decided. That's that. Then the party, and probably flowers for teachers. Thankfully, Chloe's teacher HATES V-day, so that's one kiddo's I don't have to worry about.

• Minion

Oh fun...

We have been decorated since the 1st. All the cute little valentine animal/creatures the girls have gotten over the years line the stairs. DD3 added light pink and bright pick chiffon fabric drape over the railing. We have little things here and there. It is nothing like the whole house at Christmas, but you can see we have "heart." We have mugs from the Weachserbach (sp) pottery company with different hearts that we will use the day before and the day of.

On Valentine's day proper it lasagna for dinner, candlelight is a must. Sandwiches for lunch will be heart shaped, and of course heart shaped sugar cookies with pink frosting.

My husband and I refer to each other as our "everyday valentines." We do give each other cards. I prefer that he not spend florist prices for flowers. That $$ is better spent elsewhere. He will buy me a plant for the garden, this is good! I never turn down chocolate, a Hershey's candy bar makes me happy. I'm very easily pleased. I will get DH sugar-free candy and some funny boxer shorts.

We give the girls heart shaped boxes of chocolate and a gift. It used to be stuffed animals, but there are sooooo many (see above). This year it will be American Girl stuff for two of them and probably a CD for the other.

One week to go....

MeiMei
    Boo!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by disneymeimei

I prefer that he not spend florist prices for flowers.

Same here and he knows it!! But he also knows that I love flowers so he brings them to me at other times of the year!

That $$ is better spent elsewhere.

Yeah....like at Fred Meyers!! LOL

He will buy me a plant for the garden, this is good!

LOL In my case, that would be bad. I was just looking at my orchid today and realized that it is now just a stick and a pot of dirt....I knew I was gonna kill it!!

We give the girls heart shaped boxes of chocolate and a gift.

I'm not that into chocolate so my hubby gives me Jordan Almonds...yum!!

It used to be stuffed animals, but there are sooooo many (see above).

My hubby and son are getting mini stuffed animals and my daughters are getting socks! I got myself a little pin with Snoopy playing the part of Cupid!

This year it will be American Girl stuff for two of them and probably a CD for the other.

Sounds cute!

One week to go....
    Yay!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell
    The teacher has a game planned, I got another mom to commit to bringing water bottles and another mom is bringing plates/napkins...and we're each bringing pencils/erasers/other V-day crapola.

You are so funny! Instead of "Bah humbug!" it's "Bah lovebug!"

• Prefect

Blog Entries

the hubby & i are going to stay at the DLH & go to Granville's for dinner. then we'll spend the day at DLR on the 15th...kid free
    <o>

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'm probably not doing anything special. Work all day. Maybe I can con one of my guy friends to take me out for dinner.

It's my mom's birthday that day too. I need to send her a card.

• most magical vaca ever

I too love V-day~ We always decorate the windows with red, pink and white hearts and this year we found the perfect "Happy Valentine's Day" sign to put in the window too....

The kids will get a red heart made from construction paper in with their lunch that simply says "I love you".... I also leave one in DH's wallet so when he goes to lunch that day he'll find it

After school we will have some arts & crafts to do and then pick up DH from work. Have a nice dinner, this year we plan on having a shaped pizza and shaped raviolis by candle light with the kids (they think it's totally cool)

Of course DH will find time to sneak out and get me flowers that I will yell at him for buying

~~~~~~

• Give Peace a Chance

Sent out most of the V-Day cards already, but this year will be quite, I have to have tests so will probably not be at top form. DH will do something to make it special for me, even if it's just something simple like a romantic evening at home.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I already have my valentines present from my husband - a PSP. The cool part is that we have the same game and can play against each other. It is so much fun!

I will be getting him a week's worth of work clothes, new socks, and a new belt so he looks great for his first week at his new job, which he starts on February 20th.

I haven't figured out anything special to cook, maybe I will just do a special dessert.

As for gifts for the kids, they will be getting a bunch of books at the Scholastic sale at day care this week. We will get them cards too.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Hi all! I'm new around here (even though I've been lurking for months!).

We got a room at DLH for Tuesday night. We're going to spend Tuesday at the park - kid free - and since DL is closing at 8:00pm, we might take in a movie. As far as dinner, nothing special I don't think, just whatever sounds good at the time.

• Queen of Randomness

February 14 is just like any other day of the year to me

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast