Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Gay Man

Re: Strange Request From a Co-hostess...your thoughts?

"I'm sorry, with all that going on I'm really too busy to help you out there, but I CAN recommend a great housecleaner who could do the cleaning while you take care of the baby and hubby".

• Incognito

Blog Entries

Stink, you have weird friends

That is such an ODD request! And you know whats going to happen. Baby will be sleeping and she'll have you help her clean her house.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Uh... even if you had nothing to do but sit at home and eat bon bons, you were right in saying No. What a way to try to take advantage of someone! Why can't she clean while the kid's taking a nap, or playing with toioys in a different part of the room or SOMETHING, not to mention the hiring a cleaner or babysitter, etc, that's already been mentioned! Yeah.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell

I'm soooo not going to her house to watch her baby. Am I wrong?
    HECK NO!!!!

If I were you I'd suggest that she call Merry Maids and have them do the cleaning and she can play with her own kid. Or hire a teenager to play with the baby while she prepares for the party!

I met a lady and her daughter this past weekend at the mother-daughter retreat and thought we really clicked. Later she asked me for my phone number so we could get together sometime. Then she said "MORE IMPORTANTLY, do your twins ever babysit?" Those two words "more importantly" turned me off right away...I lost her phone number quickly!

• Life is Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathan
    some times people do the strangest things. i once meet a lady becuse she wanted to get more info on my hobbie. we are in the SCA when i am not at disney. we talked over coffie for about 1 hr and i gave her my number incase she needed more info. about 7 months later she calles me to ask me to babysit her kids for the night. its kinda close to your situation becuse i only meet this lady the one time. it freaked me out that she would ask someone she did not know to watch her kid........ turns out CPS took the kids a week later when she left them with someone and did not come back for them.
    let us know how the shower goes! good luck and dont do anything your not comfortable with. and it was wrong of her to ask you so dont feel bad you did not go and help her!

thats even weirder! but as its already been said, i would never leave my kids with someone i barely knew, even if i was home too. i also think she wanted help cleaning and with a 1 yr old that house would never stay clean unless she sent the kid to grandmas for the week! my 2 yr olds room is a sty maybe 10-20 min after we clean it, hehehee
    {:

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

This is just silly. I always cleaned my house ALONE with the baby. This is not rocket science! What does she normally do to clean her house??? DOes she always need a babysitter to clean? The more I think about this, the weirder it gets.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

•   
    • So fetch

That is an odd request. You were right to say no. Like others have said, it sounds like she can afford a cleaning lady for a couple of hours. Heck, my husband and I can't afford a cleaning lady but we were in a pinch and needed help (closest family 120 miles away) so we hired someone for 2 hours!

• Man O Lantern

I've been cracking up all day...I wish I WISH I WISH I'd kept that voicemail. My husband heard it after I did and he was like, "GET RID OF IT!!" He called a little while ago, said he'd been thinking about that message all day at work and it keeps cracking him up.

Are parents getting wussier?? I've come across some total whiny-heads lately!!

*checking my calendar to see when I can pencil in Tina's baseboards and Katie's litterbox....

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

That....is....just...weird!

Never have I ever had to get someone to watch either of my kids while I clean house!

What does she do when she needs to, like say, go to the toilet? Does she have someone come over and watch her kid then?

IF...she knew you better...I think it would have been a reasonable request to maybe ask you ...IF...you were not having the month from HELL...to see if her precious little ankle bitter could come to YOUR house! Doesn't mean you would have to do that either...YOU come first. But if you guys were better friends, that would be more sane!

I can just picture you though...sitting with the baby in your arms...watching this lady run around cleaning her house.

"Hey hon...you missed a spot over there???"
    Us girls, we're so magical.
    Soft skin, red lips, so kissable.
    Hard to resist, so touchable.
    Too good to deny it.
    Ain't no big deal, it's innocent.

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

*checking my calendar to see when I can pencil in Tina's baseboards and Katie's litterbox....

BUT Claire...who's going to watch your kids while you go clean Tina's house and poopie scoop at Katie's?

Guess I'll have to volunteer....
    Us girls, we're so magical.
    Soft skin, red lips, so kissable.
    Hard to resist, so touchable.
    Too good to deny it.
    Ain't no big deal, it's innocent.

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by baileykat
    BUT Claire...who's going to watch your kids while you go clean Tina's house and poopie scoop at Katie's?

Guess I'll have to volunteer....
    Either you or Leviathan. Come on up to Oregon! While you're here, I'll ask my dentist's babysitter's dogwalker to give you guys pedicures!!

• Island Paradise

I've never, ever heard of such a request. No wonder you were blown away.

I love the suggestion to give her the number of a cleaning service. Hello????

• Guardian Construct

Either you or Leviathan. Come on up to Oregon! While you're here, I'll ask my dentist's babysitter's dogwalker to give you guys pedicures!!
    you are to funny! i was in Oregon not to long ago some place called cottage grove. it was pretty but kinda odd for me to see so many trees at once!

• horsin' around!

Angry Re: Strange Request From a Co-hostess...your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup
    HECK NO!!!!

If I were you I'd suggest that she call Merry Maids and have them do the cleaning and she can play with her own kid. Or hire a teenager to play with the baby while she prepares for the party!

I met a lady and her daughter this past weekend at the mother-daughter retreat and thought we really clicked. Later she asked me for my phone number so we could get together sometime. Then she said "MORE IMPORTANTLY, do your twins ever babysit?" Those two words "more importantly" turned me off right away...I lost her phone number quickly!
    HOW RUUUDE!!!
    that ranks right up there w/ the old church *kids still refer to it as 'the ice' church...* women's group was verrrry exclusive & clique'y i get this phone call ..woman gushing about this particular event at a swanky tea house...on and on ..yadda yadda... at this point i'm thinking.."they're finally going to invite me!!!" then I hear her say "we were wondering if you could watch our kids" GRRRRRRRR

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pixywingz
    HOW RUUUDE!!!
    that ranks right up there w/ the old church *kids still refer to it as 'the ice' church...* women's group was verrrry exclusive & clique'y i get this phone call ..woman gushing about this particular event at a swanky tea house...on and on ..yadda yadda... at this point i'm thinking.."they're finally going to invite me!!!" then I hear her say "we were wondering if you could watch our kids" GRRRRRRRR

people, !! Now if it were me I would tell her well, sure I will play with the baby, let me see......... well how about for 3 hours? that will be $75.00

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast