Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• horsin' around!

Re: Strange Request From a Co-hostess...your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla

people, !! Now if it were me I would tell her well, sure I will play with the baby, let me see......... well how about for 3 hours? that will be $75.00

woah...did your swimsuit change??? i could swear there were not 'skittles' (emma's word) there before! you need a cover-up! haha!

• Why do you keep talking?

Maybe she wanted to get to know you better, and just has a weird way of doing things? It's an odd request, and I don't think you were in the wrong for turning her down (especially with your work load ) but I can't help but feel ulterior motives for this.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by Hector
    I can't help but feel ulterior motives for this.
    Yeah, I got the same feeling....but almost like it was a stressed out passive-aggressive thing. Her husband has pneumonia, he's stressing her out, we're doing the shower at her house, not mine, she feels like more of the load is on her (it's not, I'm being more than fair and generous with the workload and the finances, that's just me) at the moment...and she made the call and left the voicemail.

I'm sure she regrets it. She's a normal person. But damn, it's made for some giggles around here. I have been chuckling about for days. now. It still kinda cracks me up with the weirdness of it.

She hasn't called back....

My husband keeps calling me throughout each day...has anyone called to see if you could come over to mow their lawn? Has anyone called to see if you'll take their kids to the doctor?

But funny thing...Cassidy's friend's mom stopped me at the kids' school yesterday and said she was dying to get the kids together and would tomorrow be a good day for a playdate? I said, "Great! That would be fine!" And since I have to pick up my ten year old anyway, I figured we'd hammer out the details today after school. Wrong. That parent was actually INVITING HER DAUGHTER OVER TO MY HOUSE. We sat there and waited for the mom to come pick them up...when I realized, huh, I guess the playdate is at my house. So instead of getting rid of a kid for a few hours this afternoon...I had an extra one. I must have, "TAKE ADVANTAGE OF ME" written in the dirt on my SUV....

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

stink, seriously, I need help cleaning my house, and baking 2 kinds of cake for my husband's b-day on Sunday.
    I think, if you start in the morning you can be here tomorrow night. We'll be out of town Saturday and home in time for the party Sunday afternoon.
    So, we'd be out of your way, except for the cat and dog.

What do you say? I think your kids would like Montana!!

• My cuties!

Hey, I just live over the river from you Stink! You'd love to play with the twins while I clean house, wouldn't you?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Oh my gosh, I just found this thread and it's cracking me up!

Any updates?
    A signature should go here.

• Man O Lantern

She called yesterday and left the world's second longest voicemail....she said things like she'd "have to sweep some things under the rug" and the "house wouldn't be as beautiful as I would like" but that she understood, and blah blah blah.

She *did* also say she had some friends who could watch her son that week while she did some cleaning, but then she'd have to watch their kid the next week.

I was like....if that's to make me feel guilty....um...it's not working!! I told you she didn't know me!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

Don't let her guilt you into suddenly having this party at your house! She's the one who volunteered and you're already doing all the work. Be prepared for her to bail on you, this doesn't sound good. She's going to have some hardship or another...knock on wood.
    A signature should go here.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by stinkerbell

I was like....if that's to make me feel guilty....um...it's not working!! I told you she didn't know me!

^^^LOL^^^

It sounds to me like you have already done more than your share in helping throw this party!

I just keep wondering if this lady's house is a big mess when she's not having a party since she seems incapable of cleaning and watching her kid at the same time!

• Waiting for the stork

OMG!!!
    She's a NUT!

seriously how does she handle daily activities with her little darlin' cause I got 8 around here at variouse times, and though my house looks a bit like 8 kids come and go, it's not awful. and ya know what it really is hard to get a chance to pee, but you learn how, one is such a breeze by comparison, I'm just laughing my A$$ off hard right now....
    What a strange, odd, woman to ask that.
    I wonder how she cooks, with a toddler in the house
    and ummmm if I had the kind of money it seems that she has, I would have a house keeper every week (or more oftain). hmmmmm that is my new goal, to hire a housekeeper...good idea,
    Hey Stink, after Tina's and Katies, and well hell everyone, my toilets could use a good scrubbing, it's on your way back home.

this lady really is odd, it just keeps seeming odder by the moment too....

after the shower I say RUN!!! Run far away from that NUT!

and BTW you really are a sweetheart to be doing all of this at the same time as the Auction, your friend is pretty luck to have you
    procrastibating

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by pixywingz
    woah...did your swimsuit change??? i could swear there were not 'skittles' (emma's word) there before! you need a cover-up! haha!
    Maybe its one of those progressive animations that eventually granny isn't wearing a bathing suit...*shudders* ewwwwww

• Believes in fairy tales

Here's my question:

How in the world does she know that her husband will still have pneumona 2 weeks from now?

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

Why would you ask such a question? You don't really know her and seems weird. I am surprised she didn't ask YOU to clean her house. You are lucky that you really aren't her friend.
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• Circle of Ancients

^^^^Good point^^^^
    Last edited by Princess Buttercup; 02-15-2006 at 09:48 AM.

• Man O Lantern

The whole thing still makes me laugh. I'm now bringing *all* the food, I found out. Food for fifty. Okaaaay. And four bottles of wine. All righty. Plus, I'm doing an album....and a gift or two for my friend. I paid for and made the invitations. The hostess is doing non-alcoholic drinks, paper/plastic, it's at her house, and she's buying Nordstrom cards as gifts for the games. She's also getting a carrot cake from Costco.

At this point...I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to stop at Nordstrom for her...and Costco, too. When she ran out of printer ink, she couldn't bring her one year old to Target to get a new cartridge, so she sent out all the invites I made....with no directions in them. The one thing she was gonna do for the invites. I'm soooo not running errands for her. If she can't make it to Nordie's and Costco, she can run down to Safeway and get a safeway cake and whatever kind of gift cards they have there!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast