• Circle of Ancients

What things are you willing to sell from your house and buy at other people's homes ?

Tonight I am going to a Princess House party. The gal who is throwing it has a beautiful home, invites really fun people and always serves great snacks!! Plus I love Princess House crystal and there a couple of things I want to buy. My hubby is already rolling his eyes because I always get talked into having a Princess House party of my own soon afterward ( I just can't say no, especially since I get some freebies by having a party).

I also love Pampered Chef parties. The food they make is always yummy at those and I love all the little cooking gadgets. I usually only buy one or two items since I'm not much of a cook, but I use the things I've bought all the time!

So what do you sell/buy?

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

Re: What things are you willing to sell from your house and buy at other people's homes ?

my sil sells pampered chef & longaberger baskets. my mil sells avon. two girls in my mommy group sell passion party stuff, another sells tupperware. we're always having in-home parties...natural baby stuff, natural body care, cooking things (there's one in particular that i can't think of the name), etc.

i've hosted a couple, but i always feel very awkward. i'm not a salesman-type person. i always feel like i'm begging my friends to buy stuff. puts me back in that fundraiser nightmare situation when i was in school.
    <o>

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: What things are you willing to sell from your house and buy at other people's homes ?

I've neither hosted nor attended one of these parties. I hear about them, but no one I know does them.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Banned User

I don't like these parties. I know I will buy something that I don't need...haha...so...I don't throw them or go to them! I'd just end up selling what I bought, on Ebay, later!

• Give Peace a Chance

I used to like Princess House, I loved their lead crystal animal figurines and at one time would have booked a party with out hesitation.
    But one year I had booked the party approx 4 to 6 weeks before I found out that the company I worked for was being sold and those who were invited were all out of jobs. We had no warning, the new owners walked in told us we'd been great, don't let the door hit you... (30 offices over 500 employees) well you get the idea.
    I called the lady who was to give the party (now 2 days away) to cancel, she was extremely rude, saying I should insist that my friends come to the party anyway, it would lift their spirits.
    I tried to explain to her that many of these women had children that had to be fed, and now they needed to look for employment elsewhere. She showed no compassion whatsoever, and was very upset that I refused to insist that my now unemployed friends not attend. I had told them all to forget it, I was canceling the party.
    So to appease her I gave what was probably the smallest party she had ever had (not by design, but because of circumstances) about 5 guests, MIL, SIL, 2 neighbors and myself. She really did not do that bad considering my MIL loved Princess House, but after that I was turned off on all house parties. I will buy from catalogs if the mood hits me, but I doubt if I will ever give another party, or go to one.
    Sorry for the rant.
    ~ MickeysGirl ºoº
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! ºoº

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by MickeysGirl
    Sorry for the rant.

That's okay! It sounds like it was a terrible experience. Our local Princess House reps are VERY nice! My neighbor across the street LOVES the stuff as much as I do , but won't throw a party so she always orders a TON of stuff at mine. It's great for me!! I also let all the moms bring their daughters and they play dress up and have snacks while we're doing our thing!!

• Banned User

hummmmmm I have never been to any party in years, and I have never heard of princess house. Around here you get the goofy partys, you know lingurie / nasty stuff, and tupper ware, oye I run from that stuff. Have a wonderful time Anne, you are such a boost to have around I bet you would be so fun at one of these partys, ( now don;t buy much we have a huge agenda in a month and a half

• Life is Great!

I went to a pampered chef one many yrs ago and loved it, dont know anyone who does that now. i also went to a mary kay one many yrs ago and hated it, she was too pushy and wanted everyone to have their own party and also become a mary kay rep. after seeing how she was working the crowd i gave her fake info and bailed! a co-worker a few jobs ago sold tupperware and i got a bunch for my mom for mothers day, didnt have to do the party thing. mom loved it, but when she moved away and gave me most of her kitchen stuff the tupperware became mine(ithen wished i have picked my colors instead of here, hehehee) i would love more pampered chef ones but hubby says i have to wait until we move to a bigger place since all our cool kitchen stuff is in storage(wedding presents from 4 yrs ago) i do still have a garlic press i got at the pampered chef party and love it! but i really want one of those apple peeler slicer things, it was soo cool! and you are right the food at that party was soo yummy!
    {:

• Man O Lantern

I no longer go to or host any of those parties anymore. It just got to be too much pressure...and I was never happy with anything I bought!

The only ones I go to are ones held by three of my friends who design jewelry. They're very successful in this little side business of theirs! I wish I had some skills!

One sits down with design catalogs and magazines and copies all kinds of necklaces and earrings and the other is solely into Murano glass beads from Italy www.sorellacreations.com . The other one does a little of everything and also designs and sells handbags. I go to their parties, and usually invite everyone I know...the parties are so much fun, good food and wine and no pressure to buy...but people always do!!

The best thing about these jewelry parties is the prices....way lower than retail at the shops they sell at, so I get some hefty bargains and I'm always getting complimented on my jewelry!

• Banned User

you know when I saw the heading of this thread I was laughing real hard ( not at you buttercup) but at the title. WHAT THINGS ARE YOU WILLING TO SELL FROM YOUR HOUSE
    YOU KNOW i GET GOOFY AT CERTAIN TIMES OF THE MONTH, WELL THE TITEL MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD. WELL i HAD A NEIGHBOR WHO USED TO SELL HER SELF FROM HER HOUSE, AND WE WERE LIKE omg WHEN WE ALL FOUND OUT. NO WONDER SHE HAD A REALLY NICE CAR, LOTS OF MONEY AND PLENTY OF DATES

OK, NOTHING TO SEE FOLKS,... MOVE ALONG i AM OFF ME ROCKER

• Just Me

My sister has a Stampin' Up party every year in September/October. Every yesr I say I don't need anything. Every year they introduce a set of mice tamps. Every year I buy a set of mice stamps. grrr.

The person who does SU also does Longaberger. She is super nice. When I wanted a basket she gave me a 1 person catalog party, so I could get free stuff off of what I bought.

My sister has also had Pampered Chef parties. They are usually catalog parties~no actual event, just the catalog, shop on your own. She gets verrrrry irritated with me when I don't buy anything.

• Minion

I'm a party animal!

I booked my first tupperware party when I was six! I'm not kidding. My mother wanted to kill me! For almost forty years I've giving, going or selling...it is a problem I tell you.

I love Princess House. I like their things from years back better than the new stuff, but Fantasia is still a favorite, oh and the Princess Heritage - I have a cup looking at me as I type.

I loved tupperware, thought it was cool beans. Especially when I first got married 100's of years ago. I worked at a bank and there were a lot of us young brides, we had a regular party circuit going and stocked our kitchens. I have only a couple of things left.

I liked Pampered Chef so much I had to sell it so I could have everything in their catalog. Now my girls go to parties and order. I love their stones and use them exclusively in my oven. Nothing beats baking with stones...

I also sold Avon, but unfortunately my girls and I were my best customers and I couldn't afford to sell to us anymore!

Those are my highlights.

I have also been to or had Jafra, MaryKay, Nutrametics, The Body Shop, Cookie Lee, Southern Home Living, Christmas around the world, Discovery Toys (best toys and books), Stamp up, Bright Music, Weekenders, creative memories, partylite, and Longebarger parties. I'm sure there were more, but that is all that is coming to mind now.

Pushy consultants ruin it for the good ones, the ones that love what they are doing and don't use a hidden agenda. All these women (and men) are trying to make money for their family so you can't blame them for wanting sales and bookings, but there are ways to get both without resorting to strong arm tactics. There was a gal one time who literally backed one of my friends in a corner and would not let her pass until she agreed to host for her. Bad. She never booked with any of us again.

There are bad hostesses out there also. I had one in particular that really ended my desire to continue on...suffice to say my health and safety were threatened. I left shaking...that was it for me. Going to a stranger's house is risky business.

Gee, PB, aren't you glad you posed the question? And, more importantly what did you get?

MeiMei
    Boo!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by disneymeimei
    I'm a party animal!

WOO HOO! I'm putting you on my guest list for my party FOR SURE!

I booked my first tupperware party when I was six!

That's pretty cute!

I love Princess House. I like their things from years back better than the new stuff, but Fantasia is still a favorite, oh and the Princess Heritage - I have a cup looking at me as I type.

They have some really cute new stuff. And it's not just crystal. I love the "Meridian" items that have kind of a wrought iron look to them.

I loved tupperware, thought it was cool beans.

I've never bought any...I'm too cheap and just use Gladware....but I sure like Tupperware!

I liked Pampered Chef so much I had to sell it so I could have everything in their catalog.

Please let me know if you hear of anyone having a Pampered Chef party. I'd love to get one of those stones for baking pizza. Plus I know Tiffany would love their stuff and her birthday is coming up soon!

Cookie Lee,

The Princess House lady was wearing Cookie Lee jewelry last night and it was very pretty!

Stamp up,

I have a really good friend who showed up at the same stamp party as me one time. I didn't know her that well yet but I said to her "I didn't picture you as the type of person who would come to one of these parties." She said "You have me pegged just right." We became really good friends from that party on!

Weekenders,

Thank goodness, they finally updated their clothes from the 80's to the current times!!

Longebarger parties.

What are those?

Pushy consultants ruin it for the good ones, the ones that love what they are doing and don't use a hidden agenda.

Ugh! I think that is a bad idea to use a hidden agenda. I know a gal who said she was having a dinner party and it turned out to be a Princess House party....her friends were not happy!

All these women are trying to make money for their family so you can't blame them for wanting sales and bookings, but there are ways to get both without resorting to strong arm tactics.

That's the main reason I go to them....because a lot of the women who sell are stay at home moms and I want to help them out!

There are bad hostesses out there also. I had one in particular that really ended my desire to continue on...suffice to say my health and safety were threatened. I left shaking...that was it for me. Going to a stranger's house is risky business.

Yikes!! That's terrible!

Gee, PB, aren't you glad you posed the question? And, more importantly what did you get?

LOL Why yes! I got the napkin holder I planned to buy as well as a paper towel holder, a floral tablecloth, beige napkins, green napkins and floral napkin rings! If I'm going to buy anything else, I'll buy it at my own party so I can get the hostess credits!

We should get together for a tea party with our girls and their American Girl dolls after all my "goodies" arrive!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I used to sell Pampered Chef, too, but I only did the minimum so I could quit. Get the stuff, run away! I hate doing business over the phone and it just wasn't for me.

I've been to Partylite, Stampin Up (which I am a total sucker for), and Creative Memories, but it was more of a workshop-situation. Oh, Discovery Toys and some kids' book thing. I think that's it.
    A signature should go here.