Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: i miss my kitty

• horsin' around!

Sad i miss my kitty

i just have to get this off my chest. and i knew i could do it in here w/ out anyone giving me heck for such an off-dis topic.
    19 years ago this august my first son died at 3 months old. two months later my hubby came to the door w/ a tiny ball of fluff in his hands, it meowed at me & my hubby said "happy birthday honey, I thought you needed 'somethng to mommy'. It was then that my life with kiki began. We originally named her Marilyn, because she had this beautiful beauty mark thingy on her lip, but you know how pet names get whittled down.
    my kids have teased me over the years that it was weird to have a pet older than they are. But she was so wonderful. Always waiting for me when I got home, always doing that gentle curl around my ankle to say hi. And she just had the sweetest sweetest purrr.. My dad wanted to put her down 10 years ago, just because she was old. Even though she was perfectly healthy. This last year i just knew would be her last. Last week she just circled her food & looked at me. I knew that 'goodbye' look all too well. I've seen it waay too many times in people and pets. I haven't seen her for over a week. I'm sure she went off quietly somewhere to slip away. I just wish I had the chance to bury her properly. My heart is just so sad.
    I needed to just 'get it out'..
    xoxxoox

Re: i miss my kitty

I'm so sorry. It sounds like Kiki had a wonderful life and a loving home.

• Banned User

First of all....a HUGE hug going out to you through cyberspace.

I'm SO sorry you lost your kitty. Kiki. Your story broke my heart.

I have a similar story. I got Chester 19 years ago, at the Arizona Humane Society. He was also a little ball of fluff...orange fluff. We had him for 16 years, when the weekend of mom's day, 3 years ago, I saw him for the last time too. He also went away to die. Like your baby, I think Chester knew it was time to go. I feel the very same way you do...I wanted to give him a burial, but, it was not to be. They are very independent little creatures, our kitties! I think that's why they are so endearing to us.

Hang in there. Again, I am so sorry.

• /sigh

Oh, pixy....I'm so sorry. That truly made my heart break just now. It's never easy to lose anyone or anything. And a dear kitty that's been part of the family is just as difficult. Many of our dogs and cats did the same about hidding away to finally be at rest. I suppose they figure it's easier that way. I wish you comfort and a warm hug. My heart is sad, too
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Senior Minion

Hugs to you Pixy. I have seven cats and I understand what you are going through. Let us know if their is any new info if there is.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i'm so sorry pixy. i can't believe the sorrow you must be feeling. it would be so hard to not give her a burial.

a big hug to you. remember all of the good times you had with kiki...i'm sure she does.
    <o>

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I'm so sorry! If you can't find her, you might consider doing something as a memorial anyway, just for yourself. She's obviously tied to a lot of other memories for you.
    A signature should go here.

• Give Peace a Chance

pixywingz, I am so sorry for both of your losses I know they have been terribly hard on you. What a wonderful DH you have to have been so understanding in your time of grief. May you also find comfort this time. Pixie dust heading your way.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pixywingz
    i just have to get this off my chest. and i knew i could do it in here w/ out anyone giving me heck for such an off-dis topic.
    19 years ago this august my first son died at 3 months old. two months later my hubby came to the door w/ a tiny ball of fluff in his hands, it meowed at me & my hubby said "happy birthday honey, I thought you needed 'somethng to mommy'. It was then that my life with kiki began. We originally named her Marilyn, because she had this beautiful beauty mark thingy on her lip, but you know how pet names get whittled down.
    my kids have teased me over the years that it was weird to have a pet older than they are. But she was so wonderful. Always waiting for me when I got home, always doing that gentle curl around my ankle to say hi. And she just had the sweetest sweetest purrr.. My dad wanted to put her down 10 years ago, just because she was old. Even though she was perfectly healthy. This last year i just knew would be her last. Last week she just circled her food & looked at me. I knew that 'goodbye' look all too well. I've seen it waay too many times in people and pets. I haven't seen her for over a week. I'm sure she went off quietly somewhere to slip away. I just wish I had the chance to bury her properly. My heart is just so sad.
    I needed to just 'get it out'..
    xoxxoox
    I remember when my cat disappeared for a few weeks before we found out he had cancer . Then he passed away.

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Oh gosh Pixy....I'm really sorry. Wish I could give you a real hug. My thoughts are with you. Bless your little Kiki's soul.
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

:: runs to hug her kitty::

You are never going to die... you are never going to die....

***********hugs*********** to you. I worry about my kitty; she'll do exactly the same thing. Just disappear one day. I only hope she gives me a chance to say good bye.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Banned User

well nan, right now I am so sad for you and for kiki. Hugs to you sweetie, I know you were a wonderful mommy to your cat, and I know he had a wonderful life. I am also so sorry hon for the loss of your baby boy.He is in the comfort of our saviors arms, and is waiting for his mommy . I wish I could give you a great big giant hug,But maybe by the grace Of GOd in April I can

• Winter in Oceanside...

How heartbreaking.... I'm so sorry that your lost your lovely Kiki. I've been there and it hurts... bad.

But I must say, 19 years... WOW! That was a nice long life!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast