Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

Thumbs down My Evil Valentine's Day

I have to start off with I am not much for retail forced holidays. Even when in a relationship it isn't my favorite.

It didn't help that I wasn't able to sleep last night. I have been running a temperature and still not feeling that great. I only had 2 hours sleep before I had to get up and get grandma off to adult daycare.
    I went back to bed at 8:45 am and was jolted a wake with real bad feeling less than an hour later. I figured I should stay up but really don't wont to get out of bed yet. I turn on the TV and am flipping the channels. I came rest on TLC and "what not to wear was almost over. The kids (cats) at that point are all over me to eat again. I get up and hear the MOST EVIL VOICE coming from the tv. My back was to it cause I had the kids meowing at me to feed them. I turn around and the commercial is gone and I think that I must be hearing things.
    After a visit to the girls room I climb back in bed. To my horror MY EPISODE of 10yrs Younger was on. I change the channel with pure fright and don't understand way it was on again. I had a reminder created to warn me of it's repeat so I could not be near a tv on the day. I taped it the first time around so I could watch it and pause and stop when needed. I don't like how I look or sound on TV.
    Being a gluten for punishment I watch some of it before I couldn't take see/hearing myself. That is so weird since I haven't watch TLC in a while since I've been resting or watching dvd's. Later I got a phone call from one of the producers of the show to ask me if I knew I would be repeating today. (if I had cable it would have started at 1pm not 10am like I get it) too bad she didn't call yesterday.

So how was everyone else day????
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• Happy Memories

Re: My Evil Valentine's Day

Just further evidence to prove my theory... Valentines Day is of the DEVIL!!!! Don't believe me? check the public service message I posted on MiceSpaces. no good can possibly come from such a day.

Further proof to my theory... the overwhelmingly grumpy, and mopey people eating in my restaurant last night, many of them couples who just didn't seem to be having the dream date the hype says we are supposed to have on such a day.
    Last edited by Xharryb; 02-15-2006 at 08:44 AM.

• Incognito

Blog Entries

But look at how far you've come!!!

I watched the Olympics and was asked to be in a wedding. So actually, not too shabby.

• Original Mice-Chatter

I got a Valentine from my Daddy- always a sweet thing.
    I took my car into the shop to the tune of $1300.00

and the ex took Rose to dinner (and me, because she won't go alone, heck, I would not let her go alone) and it was meh..nothing special.
    I bought Valentines for my kids, and mailed one to Davis.

• For old time sake

My adorable fiance was feeling better after being hit over the head with the flu bug, so that was a good present for me.

He also sent me a cute shirt and a Mickey Mouse watch too!!!

Work was a different story. I was busy busy busy and I am glad our staff meeting was cancelled.

Oh!!! And I asked someone to be in my wedding :
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• Do You Wanna Get Rocked?

Blog Entries

Let's see...Went to Levi's house..laid in bed with him for several hours watching a movie..had dinner at Norm's Resturant....Went back to his place laid in bed some more while he took a nap before he had to go to work at 9pm! Pretty relaxing day..just nice to spend time with him since we only get to see each other maybe 2 or 3 days a week!
    Last edited by StitchTT6; 02-15-2006 at 09:41 AM.

• Waiting for the stork

we gave up on Valentines day years ago. B and I have been married over 10 years, together 13 (?), it just lost it's charm (Valentines day not my husband )
    So last night I went to Costco, oh so romantic huh? ran a few errands, basic regular evening stuff, then we came home put the kids to bed, then B went to work on his computer, and I curled up to watch Gilmore Girls,
    Perfect Valentines day, noone had expectations that couldn't be met

I have a theory, Valentines day is only celebrated by 3 distinct groups,
    ~Couples dating (it's a given)
    ~Couples married less than 5 years (cause everything is still sweet and new)
    ~kids in Elementry school, and there teachers (cause teh teachers have to be tehre )

I don't know anyone outside of that group that celebrates it at all...

B and I decided years ago that forced romance doesn't work, it just makes things tense, not fun. I think we are a pretty romantic couple, but on a spontanious manner rather than planned, I get flowers on occasion for no reason what-so-ever, and I sometimes give them to B just because.

We have date night every Friday, even if it's Date night at home....

I'd rather have everyday romance than once a year, (overpriced) fake romance

just my 2 cents
    procrastibating

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle

~kids in Elementry school, and there teachers (cause teh teachers have to be tehre )

So, where do I fit into this equation?

Sara, I'm sorry your Valentine's was awful. Hopefully you can do something nice for yourself and feel better.

I am *so* with you here! Don't buy me crap one day a year; do something nice for me randomly or monthly. Tell me that you love me. I don't need a card to say it. There are so many better ways of showing love!

**hugs**
    -kerry, another one who ignores Hallmark holidays...
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Where's Barbie?
    It didn't help that I wasn't able to sleep last night. I have been running a temperature and still not feeling that great. I only had 2 hours sleep before I had to get up and get grandma off to adult daycare.

Hope you are feeling better today!!

After a visit to the girls room I climb back in bed. To my horror MY EPISODE of 10yrs Younger was on. I change the channel with pure fright and don't understand way it was on again. I had a reminder created to warn me of it's repeat so I could not be near a tv on the day. I taped it the first time around so I could watch it and pause and stop when needed. I don't like how I look or sound on TV.

It took me a few times reading this to understand what you were trying to say. When were you on this show?

Later I got a phone call from one of the producers of the show to ask me if I knew I would be repeating today. (if I had cable it would have started at 1pm not 10am like I get it) too bad she didn't call yesterday.

Well, look on the bright side...at least you weren't on The Bachelor!!!

So how was everyone else day????

My Vday was good, then bad, then good. I am really tired today form getting up at 6 am yesterday to get everything ready for breakfast before the kids had to leave for school....I hate it when Valentine's Day falls on a weekday!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb
    Further proof to my theory... the overwhelmingly grumpy, and mopey people eating in my restaurant last night, many of them couples who just didn't seem to be having the dream date the hype says we are supposed to have on such a day.

That's probably because they were paying hiked up prices for everything and the service probably wasn't that good since the restaurant was probably busier than usual. That's the main reason my hubby and I like to go out to dinner on NOT holiday nights....better prices, better service, and more spontaneous!!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Olympicnut
    I watched the Olympics and was asked to be in a wedding.
    Congratulations!!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Disneykat
    Oh!!! And I asked someone to be in my wedding :
    Aw. How sweet! Who was it?

Just kidding!

• Circle of Ancients

So last night I went to Costco, oh so romantic huh?

Hey....my hubby and I love going to Costco together. And they had lots of yummy seafood that we bought to make dinner!!

Perfect Valentines day, noone had expectations that couldn't be met

That sounds perfect!!

Hate to tell you, but I don't fit your theory....my hubby and I have been married almost 19 years and still celebrate it...and I mostly just love getting a mushy card from him....he picks some good ones!!

Mtn Girl and me!!!

B and I decided years ago that forced romance doesn't work, it just makes things tense, not fun. I think we are a pretty romantic couple, but on a spontanious manner rather than planned, I get flowers on occasion for no reason what-so-ever, and I sometimes give them to B just because.

That sounds really nice!

We have date night every Friday, even if it's Date night at home....

That sounds really nice too!!

I totally agree with you on the overpriced part! But I'll take the romance ANY day of the year as long as it's real and I'm a sucker for the color red and heart shaped things!!

just my 2 cents
    Thanks. I enjoyed reading your post!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Mine was great! Work wasn't bad at all (even got some good news!), and I had homemade cookies and brownies and got a treat bag from a friend!

My roommate was gone most all night, so I did the MC chat (way fun!!) and then watched AI and the Olynpics!

Sara, I'm sorry that it surprised you like that!! Hope today's better.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast