• Circle of Ancients

Another thread inspired by my favorite radio DJs....

So the question they asked this morning was "Do any of you have grandmothers/mothers/aunts/kids/etc who make toaster snugglies or anything else like that out of yarn or macaroni noodles or anything?

I almost called in because the first thing that came to mind was the toilet paper cover my MIL has in her bathroom. It is a scary looking doll with a big skirt and underneath her skirt is a spare roll of tp. I had no idea that's what it was the first time I saw it. I just thought it was a doll she'd put in an odd place and got a creepy feeling from it when I sat down on the toilet with her behind me!!!

I alos have lots of scarves my kids have made me over the years while they've been learning to knit. The ones they made at first are funny because they start out very narrow at one end and get wider and wider as they go. Plus, they're usually all kinds of odd colors since they were using any scrap yarn they could find. But I actually wear them sometimes when I 'm up at Tahoe because they're warm and they bring back lots of good memories!

What about you? What "unique" crafts do you have in your life?

• Huh?

Re: Another thread inspired by my favorite radio DJs....

Do you live in egypt?!

lol... just wondering, cause for MANY MANY MANY years, we had that doll in our restroom at my parent's house. It's probably about 30 years old now. I have no idea where it is now, but it was there at least since I was a kid up until they did some remodeling of the restroom. Red and white with this HUGE hat. And it was a creepy one with the closing eyes.

We also had a stuffed, crocheted deer head in our hall mounted on this board -- has a cork board on the other side with some nice birds printed on it.
    -Tim

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    Do you live in egypt?!

Yes.

lol... just wondering, cause for MANY MANY MANY years, we had that doll in our restroom at my parent's house. It's probably about 30 years old now.

Yep....that's probably how old the one in my MIL's bathroom is. The doll's dress is all faded and dusty so I think my MIL must be keeping it for sentimental reasons.

I have no idea where it is now, but it was there at least since I was a kid up until they did some remodeling of the restroom. Red and white with this HUGE hat. And it was a creepy one with the closing eyes.

Maybe she didn't want to see what was going on!! LOL

We also had a stuffed, crocheted deer head in our hall mounted on this board -- has a cork board on the other side with some nice birds printed on it.
    Yikes!

Hey, have you seen the deer heads that come with a microphone so you can make them "talk?" If they weren't so expensive, I would have bought one for my son for Christmas and mounted it on his bedroom wall. Then I could have said things like "Get out of bed, come take out the trash, do your homework, etcetera" without ever going into his room! LOL

One of the callers said that his grandma has little poodle covers she keeps on all of her booze bottles! I wanna see what those look like!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I've seen those doll TP holders but I don't think that I know anyone who actually has any!!

Nothing quite that bad in my family... unless I've repressed thosde memories
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• most magical vaca ever

sock monkey's

My grandmother and her sisters made tons of sock monkeys

I don't think I have one anymore but no matter where we looked there would be a monkey looking
    ~~~~~~

• most magical vaca ever

Just had to post it
    ~~~~~~