• Minion

A Tribute to Hair...

Inspired by the Belles and their ever changing tresses.

What was your favorite hair style?

What was your least favorite?

I'll go first.

Favorite: I loved having long hair, past my waist. It has been six years since I chopped it all off.

Least favorite: I have two actually... the dreaded muffet or mullet or something that my mother gave me (I was helpless to prevent it) awful, just awful. I could just cry thinking about that. And the then the time I got a perm in my long, long hair and my SIL stated that I looked like Howard Stern. Thus the reason it was chopped off!

Next....

MeiMei

<------ P.S. PJ is sporting what I always wanted, long, blonde hair!
    Boo!

• Happy Memories

Re: A Tribute to Hair...

"give me down to there hair
    shoulder length or longer.."

Oops! I'm sorry. I thought we were revisiting the hippie musical... nevermind... nothing to see here....

• Circle of Ancients

[quote=disneymeimei]

And the then the time I got a perm in my long, long hair and my SIL stated that I looked like Howard Stern.

And the photo of this is where?

<------ P.S. PJ is sporting what I always wanted, long, blonde hair![/quote]

Pssst...call the Platinum Lounge and ask for Leslie...she can give you whatever you want!!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Sad to say but I loved my perms I had longer hair and loved them. I trhought I looked great (in retrospect I looks ok). I htink about perming again but not that brave anymore I also LOVED my short short hair (I goit it cut right before college graduation. My mom was not happy!!!) It was a great change!

I didn't much like my last haircut. Stupid crooked bangs. I never liked the way my grandma cut my hair (she was a beautician) She always wanted to expirament and I always knew exactly what I wanted - which wasn't ever what she gave me!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Banned User

I had great hair, always easy to mess with and it curled over my fingers, no need to perm ever, but........ my friend becalme a butician and had to have a model, worst day of my life!! She cut all my beautiful hair off, and permed it, I looked like a woman of color and had a fro!!! OMgoodness, I cried for days, then it began to fall out! I was like your history sister, this wasa tough time for me, I was pretty then I went from pretty to OMgsh, in one day!! my hair never was normal again, its always dry, and its not as curly, and its just not thinck any more either,. thin and yucky. Darn her for that day!!! but again I am ok, I jsut got it done, look like 10 years younger ( I look 60 instead of 70 years old wo hoooooooo

I am starting to get a bad hair complex from this board...everytime you all talk about bad hair it is exactly how you would describe my hair!! Long, curly, frizzy,.....yep it is me you are talking about I just know it!!

• most magical vaca ever

my biggest HAIR nightmare was when......

I had just gotten a perm and it was awful, it was french poodle tight curls so my friend had the brilliant idea to relax it which totally fried my hair. It was below the shoulder length and I had to chop it off to just about my ears!

I've dyed it black, red, light brown, but never blonde....

My hair was always pin straight but last year when I cut off 16" to donate my hair now has amazing waves in it.

I've always liked my hair but now I it
    ~~~~~~

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

I always had long hair (which has always been my favorite) and then one day a friend convinced me to get a perm. Well, the beautician cut my hair above my shoulders and then tightly permed it. I looked like a poodle. I cried and wouldn't leave my house for days. Since then, I've had quite a few perms but always with longer hair and a much looser curl and it was always fine.

I've also had one dying mishap. I dyed it a couple of days after a perm and come out with black hair , then tried another color and ended up orange...it was not a pretty picture.

Now I 've just learned to stay with medium, slightly layered, straight hair. It's easy and I can always do different things with it (braids, clips, ponytails, etc)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I absolutely hated the pixie cut my mom made me get in 2nd grade. The year before my hair was down almost to my waist.

When I got my hair cut 3 or 4 years ago, everyone told me I looked good with long hair. Eventually I started to miss it and grew it out again. Now it falls to the middle of my back (about the length it was when I cut it).

I loved being a redhead. I was so many shades of red in 2001. Everything from auburn to burgundy to bright red (we're talking almost fire engine red). But it's the worst color to maintain and it always fades so fast. So I'm a brunette again... but darker than my natural mousey brown.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

My biggeset hair dying adventure was when it turned out WAY more purple than I'd anticipated - it seriously matched the purple that was on a poster in our kitchen! I liked it, eventually!

My fave. color was a dark dark purple that looked almost black but was a pretty purple in the light.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I so need to get my roots touched up.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Worst hair experience: My one and only perm of my life (it was the 80's - what can I say). The guy did not know what he was doing and I ended up with fried poodle hair. I could literally grab a handful and it would crumble into pieces in my hand. It was already short so I couldn't go much shorter. Awful!!

• horsin' around!

best hair...between the ages of 15-20....i had the 'farrah-fawcett' hair..it was GORGEOUS!!!!!!!
    now i've just got 'mom hair' HAHAHA!

worst hair... dyed it a reddish color...didn't like it...so i re-dyed it a blackish color... too dark so i got a color remover...( all within about a 4 hour period!)...when i came out of the bathroom...i'll never ever forget the look on hubby's face.... he spun me around to look in the mirror...& honest to God..my hair was Flourescent Orange!!! it almost glowed!!!!
    took AGES to have normal hair after that fiasco!

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Honestly, I think I may look best in BIG hair. You know it's sad but true-wah! (That was SO Metallica).

But, I gave it up and went to straight and long (w/ bangs) in 1994 and that's how it's been ever since. Yikes!. I did have a few years of "The Rachel" hairdo, but it always ends up growing out to a long/blonde w/ bangs thing. Same with coloring. I've tried MANY shades of blonde since my natural hair color betrayed me back in the mid 90's. I've also tried reds of various success levels but my hubby prefers a blonde
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• Minion

[quote=Princess Buttercup]
    Quote Originally Posted by disneymeimei

And the then the time I got a perm in my long, long hair and my SIL stated that I looked like Howard Stern.

And the photo of this is where?

<------ P.S. PJ is sporting what I always wanted, long, blonde hair![/quote]

Pssst...call the Platinum Lounge and ask for Leslie...she can give you whatever you want!!
    Oh, you are a brat. If there are any that have not been destroyed, maybe I'll post later on. (egads....for the whole world to see....MeiMei with a mullet and her resemblance to Howard Stern...this calls for bravery, and I don't know that I'm that brave!)
    Boo!