• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Question Advice needed: Yasmin birth control pills

My ovaries seem to have ignored my doctor's statement that they would be back to normal 12-16 weeks after my surgery las September. I have now figured out that I have mild to moderate pain in the months I ovulate from my left ovary.

My doctor has ordered an ultrasound to see if anything is wrong. I will then go in for an appointment with him to get a prescription for birth control pills. Which is odd because I had a tubal ligation at the same time they went in to deal with my ovarian cyst.

The pill he is recommending is Yasmin. Has anyone here had experience with this pill? What are your experiences? Have you had side effects?

Any advice would be helpdful.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

Re: Advice needed: Yasmin birth control pills

My mom takes it and she really likes it- she was on orth tri-cyclin or years and years and switched to this a few years ago. She said it helped her PMS quite a bit and has less side effects than the other pill she was on.

I went on the pill to help with irregular periods and pain. I also know others who use them to treat ovarian cysts, so I really think this may help you.

If it doens't work, there are so many different pills out there, I'm sure you will be able to find one that you can tolerate.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Mamabot - I also have "mittleschmirtz" which is the official term for painful ovulation. I take Depo-provera shots. The idea is to get your painful ovary to stop ovulating... thereby eleminating the pain. I like the Depo because I don't have periods at all with it, but some women don't respond in that way.

Yasmin is a low-hormone pill, which is probably why your doctor recommended it. I've taken it before (when I switched off of depo for a while), and while it works just fine and with few side effects, I have a problem remembering to take my pill at the same time every day. With a low-hormone pill, that can be BAAAAD for birth control purposes. Since you're just using it for the mittleschmirtz, it shouldn't be a problem at all!!!

Good luck with it!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I always say it "shmitlemertz". It is more of a hassle because I have similar symptoms to the cyst that forced me to have surgery. I had the official pop yesterday, but have the after pain today.

Depo and I don't get along at all. That was bad stuff in my system.

I appreaciate all the advice on this. It really helps me get my head straight about the issue.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Waiting for the stork

YASMINE!!!!
    or as I call it my little happy pill...

I love that one, I have been on almost every pill imaginable, non were very effective, all sorts of icky side effects. NONE at all with YASMINE.

I went on it, because I had the worlds worst PMS (really not kidding) and it helps with that amazingly (was specificly designed for bad PMS)

(I also used to have Ovarian cysts, have not had a problem at all since using Yasmine, really not sure of the conection there but I'm happy there gone, and the timing was coincidental )

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Yasmine... I have no intention of ever switching. I can go on and on, about more specific issues if you need, but given this is a public forum, I will refrain. PM me if you have any questions, I've been on it for years!!!
    procrastibating

I echo the statements by everyone so far. I too was on Tri-cyclin and it made me psycho But Yasmin has been a positive experience. Just a side note: I'm pretty sure Depo shots were just removed from here in Ontario, Canada. I'm not sure what the trend is to the US but the reasons were because of heavy issues with osteoporosis. I'm not saying it was a bad choice, my best friend swore by it, but just to keep in mind when making your decision
    Go Leafs Go!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

The hormones are supposed to help keep your cysts from growing again. The birth control pill technically tricks your body into thinking it is pregnant, which makes you stop ovulating. I hear great things about this pill, though I've never tried it.
    A signature should go here.

• Pucker Up, Sweetie!

Oh MB...sorry your having probs...this sucks! It jsut sucks sometimes to be a woman!

I'm on Loestrin. Not Yasmin...but it was suggested to me by my dr. I take mine for 4 months straight. No stopping. So no period. No pain. No horrid bloating. Etc. It was really bad when I started this. And I had that horrid pain when the ovulation would start as well.

Now...just 4 periods a year. And those are dealable. It did take my body about a year to really get used to it. If I didn't take my pill everyday without forgetting, I'd have some spotting! But I can't can't can't tell you how much of a difference it has made in my life!

I've been doing it for 4 years now and have zero side effects.
    Us girls, we're so magical.
    Soft skin, red lips, so kissable.
    Hard to resist, so touchable.
    Too good to deny it.
    Ain't no big deal, it's innocent.

• no flash photography...

The only person I know who took it got pregnant.....but I happen to think she wanted to be pregnant and jsut told her husband she was taking them...

• Give Peace a Chance

mamabot, I'm sorry to read about your problems, I had PCOS & Endometreosis, I know how painful it can get. Yasmin has only been on the market here in the US since May of 2001, it contains a progestin hormone called drospirenone that can increase the potassium in your blood. Women with known histories of kidney, liver, adreal diseases or unexplained vaginal bleeding (there are other conditions that also apply) should not use this pill. Smokers or those over the age of 35 should use with caution. There are web sites devoted to consumer advocacy regarding the use of this med not sponsored by Berlex (the makers of Yasmin) you should check them out.
    As with almost any med there is good and bad, as a nurse I would advise you to read as much as you can and make a quality decision based on what you feel is best for your body.
    ~ MickeysGirl ºoº
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! ºoº

Mamabot - I've been on Yasmin for almost 3 years and it's a good system for me. There's been zero weight gain and only very minimal nauseousness on the first day back on the cycle after the white pills. It's probably the most gentle pill on the market.