Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 12345122752 ... LastLast

• Forever thankful. .

Re: The Soap Opera Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626

I didn't like Nik & Courtney together either, so sad they had to kill her off because the actress wanted out.

And the storyline about Alexis being Sam's biological mother is sooooooo dumb. Sam already hates her because of the fact she lost her baby, she defended Manny, and now because she didn't let the doctors give the antidote to Danny.

I have watched GH off and on since about 1974. I can leave for a year or so and come back and pick up within a few days! It is crazy. I haven't been watching lately . . . Courtney was killed????? wow!!!

and Alexis Sam's mother? that is dumb! It doesn't seem like the right age difference either but time on soaps is screwy. One day can takes weeks and a baby can turn into a man in like one year.

• Minion

I keep up with all the ABC and CBS shows ... and Days -- I get bored with one storyline so I flip around -- I even watch on SOAPNET. I have a weird work schedule so I just watch when I can.

I can't wait for Dixie to be found out on AMC -- I want o know why she didn't let them know she was alive...hmmmm -- and I agree that Emily and Sonny is just not right together ... I just don't know about it

On Y&R, I can't wait til Neal finds out about Lily's "real dad" cause they will not be able to keep this from him for long heeheehee

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    Do you find yourself yelling at the television while watching a soap opera? As fans, we get really involved in the soap character's lives. I think that we get emotionally involved. Sometimes it is a good release.

I know, that sometimes soaps make me depressed and I need to remember this is just a show and they are just actors, acting.

Have you ever had a dream, where a soap opera character visits you? What does that tell us about our soap opera habits.

Soap operas are a popular form of entertainment. There are a lot of soap fans out there.
    There are alot of people that watch - I started watching with my mom and grandma when I was little -- and YES I scream, cry, throw stuff, etc at the tv myself ... b/c we see them everyday we feel as if they are "our" friends and "our" enemies, ya know...

I think the popularity has alot to do with the fact that if you miss a day you can still figure out what's going on the next time you tune in -- but I gotta give these actors props for putting out an hour show every day -- that has to be tough -- and I feel most of the actors are really really good at their job and get a bum wrap in the rest of the acting community (ok that's just my 2 cents )

Oh yea ... my grandma and I got my grandpa hooked on Y&R while recovering from open heart surgery...hahahahahah...even though he is back at work now, he still asks what is going on...

• Circle of Ancients

I watched Days of Our Lives a lot when I was in college because one of my roommates loved it and got me hooked. Then I didn't watch it again till I had babies and was nursing. The only time I ever see it now is if I'm having my nails done in a salon and they have it playing on the tv. What amazes me is that none of the characters look like they have aged a bit and it's been 20 years since I first watched it!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY
    Early 40's? He's older than that, isn't he?
    Well I think the actor who portrays him is 42-44? I guess that would make him early to mid 40's? Still hot though.

Quote Originally Posted by MWalton

and Alexis Sam's mother? that is dumb! It doesn't seem like the right age difference either but time on soaps is screwy. One day can takes weeks and a baby can turn into a man in like one year.
    Yes I've been doing the math...Alexis had a daughter when she was 16 in 1980. Which makes Sam 26. Which makes Alexis 42?! Didn't she just have another baby last November? I thought Alexis would be in her late 30's if anything...Both Sam and Alexis are going to find out on today's episode. Alexis and Ric are in the hotel cabin that she stayed in with Mikos(I think that's how you spell his name?) and that was the last address given of the birthmother from the private clinic where Sam was born. It will be too funny to watch it later this afternoon. So now I guess Sam can say to her little sisters Kristina and Molly that their mommy killed their neice/sister/cousin?!

Do you find yourself yelling at the television while watching a soap opera? As fans, we get really involved in the soap character's lives. I think that we get emotionally involved. Sometimes it is a good release.

I know, that sometimes soaps make me depressed and I need to remember this is just a show and they are just actors, acting.
    I don't yell at the tv when I'm watching my soaps...but I do get emotionally involved with the characters.

During that epidemic on General Hospital, I'll admit that I cried when Dr. Tony Jones passed away. I wanted to feel sorry for Courtney but couldn't because she was stupid to come back to Port Charles after escaping Helena. At least her baby didn't have to suffer her bad choices. I tend to cry when good characters are killed off or something sad, in general happens. I remember I recorded GH when Stone died of AIDS back in the 90s. Ooh boy, did I need some tissues...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I understand that Maurice Bernard is a really nice guy in real life, I just do not like the character he plays. I have not liked Sonny since day one. Although Maurice Bernard portrays him so well. Sonny is one of those soap characters that you love to hate, like Brooke on Bold and the Beautiful, or Dorian on One Life to Live.

I understand that Maurice Bernard is a really nice guy in real life, I just do not like the character he plays. I have not liked Sonny since day one. Although Maurice Bernard portrays him so well. Sonny is one of those soap characters that you love to hate, like Brooke on Bold and the Beautiful, or Dorian on One Life to Live.
    Ooh, not me. He's the reason why I actually watch soaps. I began watching General Hospital when I was like in 5th grade for the kid who played Lucky because I had seen him in a movie earlier and I thought Sonny was cool. Sure he has some bad qualities but there are some good things about him. I hope Courtney's death can make him realize he is wrong to 'disown' his family. I'm crossing my fingers that he will make amends with Ric and even Mike.

• horsin' around!

I have watched GH off and on since about 1974. I can leave for a year or so and come back and pick up within a few days! It is crazy. I haven't been watching lately . . . Courtney was killed????? wow!!!

yep... even if the baby wasn't born that way :-)

• horsin' around!

i've watched the ABC's practically all my life! i remember watching GH w/ my mom, right after kindergarten, while she ironed. anyone else remember that BUM BUM BUMMMM music whenever nurse lucille came into the picture? hahaha!

• done

And then there's that whole "Erica didn't actually have the first abortion on daytime television because Greg Madden stole her fertilized embryo and implanted it in his own wife and now voila, Erica's son Josh" story on AMC.

As for crying over soaps, I was in tears when Bianca got Miranda back. And while I wasn't actually watching at the time, even reading about the whole "Maxie got B.J.'s heart" story on GH now brings me to tears. Too bad Days decided to steal that story...

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

O.K., I will take the short version, how did Luke Spencer end up with Tracy Quartermaine?

I used to watch General Hospital, every day. I stopped watching when Genie Frances left the show. I did not like the way they wrote her off the show. I lost interest after that and stopped taping the show.

So can anyone help me fill in the blanks? Luke Spencer and Tracy Quartermaine? The original odd couple.

• Forever thankful. .

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    And then there's that whole "Erica didn't actually have the first abortion on daytime television because Greg Madden stole her fertilized embryo and implanted it in his own wife and now voila, Erica's son Josh" story on AMC.

Good gosh! How did I miss this story? Did that just happen lately? I am going to have to watch SoapNet and catch up.

Cry? I bawl like a big old baby at commercials so I am in serious trouble when a baby is born, a couple finally realizes they are in love, someone gets married (unless it is Erica for the 100th time!! haha), someone dies . . . I am a goner!

heehee

• Winter in Oceanside...

So can anyone help me fill in the blanks? Luke Spencer and Tracy Quartermaine? The original odd couple.
    I think Luke got Tracy drunk and they got married. If I remember correctly, he married her to get money out of her. He would only divorce her if she paid him a LOT of money. But they have sort of become close.

Page 2 of 86 FirstFirst 12345122752 ... LastLast