Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123456132853 ... LastLast

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Re: The Soap Opera Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY
    I think Luke got Tracy drunk and they got married. If I remember correctly, he married her to get money out of her. He would only divorce her if she paid him a LOT of money. But they have sort of become close.
    Thanks for the answer. Figured it had to be money.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Ooh, not me. He's (Sonny) the reason why I actually watch soaps.
    The Sonny character is very interesting to watch and Maurice does a great job. But I never considered him the "hot" guy on the show. That would be either Nicholas or Lucky for me.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I haven't watched General Hospital since Frisco married Felicia.

Okay that's not entirely true.

I did watch a couple recent episodes when Rick Springfield was came back for his brief stint.... but I fast-forwarded past everything and only watched the scenes he was in so I could oogle over The Ricker.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by MWalton
    Good gosh! How did I miss this story? Did that just happen lately? I am going to have to watch SoapNet and catch up.
    Yep, going on now. Erica knows that Josh is her son, Tad knows that Josh is his nephew, and Joe knows that Josh is his grandson. Greg obviously knows that Josh is Erica's son, but I don't know if he knows yet that Erica knows. If he doesn't, he must at least strongly suspect. I've been fastforwarding through those scenes so I won't know more until I've read the updates.

• GO DBACKS!!

AMC watcher from day one as well.

What is your favorite site to read complete recaps? Sometimes I'll read ABC's site but their recaps suck for detail so I have been looking for the best recap site. Any suggestions?

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• My cuties!

I used to watch ABC soaps - I started watching AMC with my mom when I was 5. Now I just listen to Young and the Restless if I'm in the car when it is on. It is my favorite because I can go several months to a year without watching and pick right back up on it within minutes!

• Super saucy pixie!

[quote=cstephens]And then there's that whole "Erica didn't actually have the first abortion on daytime television because Greg Madden stole her fertilized embryo and implanted it in his own wife and now voila, Erica's son Josh" story on AMC.[quote]

Yeah, what is that about. I mean, a bit far fetched if you ask me... but then again not quite as far fetched as GH's "Weather Machine" storyline in years past!

• Super saucy pixie!

Hey question to GH watchers... while Robert was on the show (I hope he'll trade in that 6 week contract for a 6 YEAR one!!! GH needs some more foreign hotness!) did he find out that Anna was still alive? I wasn't able to watch every episode.
    Secondly, is anyone a devout enough fan to explain to me the Weber family? I was thinking about it the other day. Laura was Laura Weber, and Liz was Liz Weber. Lucky is Laura's son and married Liz. Same Weber family? What's the connection there.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Just a quick a couple of quick thoughts here. ladies...

My first wife was an avid All My Children watcher, and we videotaped the show every day (in the 80's). Got to the point where I had to see the show as soon as I got home.

Back then Erica was in love with Jeremy, followed by Travis and his brother (who I think is still on the show). Tad used his wife to help Adam Chandler get a container port built. Some evil folks brainwashed Erica's sister to kill Erica and she almost did before Jeremy rescued her.
    And the grand damme character that Ruth Warrick played was almost conned out of her fortune before her professor husband gunned down the guy dressed in drag about to leave the country. Then there was Adam's lovable twin brother Stuart... the evil Palmer Cortland...and the Martins, who were ALWAYS worried about something...

How sick is that...that I still remember all that. After we got divorced, I didn't watch it any more.

I also recall my Mom ironing and doing other stuff while watching "Love of Life", "As The World Turns", and "The Guiding Light".

I love programs like West Wing and 24. Those, and most "reality" shows, are just glorified soaps, really IMHO.

Thank you,

Barry
    Last edited by Radiobarry; 03-12-2006 at 02:31 PM.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell
    Hey question to GH watchers... while Robert was on the show (I hope he'll trade in that 6 week contract for a 6 YEAR one!!! GH needs some more foreign hotness!) did he find out that Anna was still alive? I wasn't able to watch every episode.
    Secondly, is anyone a devout enough fan to explain to me the Weber family? I was thinking about it the other day. Laura was Laura Weber, and Liz was Liz Weber. Lucky is Laura's son and married Liz. Same Weber family? What's the connection there.
    Laura was the daughter of Leslie, who was married to Rick Weber. She was adopted by Rick. Leslie found Laura after not knowing where she was for years. Laura grew up with the Vining family. Laura and Amy Vining grew up as sisters. When Laura found out that Leslie was her natural mother, she chose to live with her. Amy soon also moved to Port Charles and became a nurse.

• HAPPY ANNIVERSARY DMCA!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup
    What amazes me is that none of the characters look like they have aged a bit and it's been 20 years since I first watched it!
    You're right, they all look the same! I haven't watched for many years. My friend would tape it and I would go to her house and we would watch. Never missed a day! I think Hope looks alot more angular now. I think it takes alot of surgery and botox!

It's always me

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    O.K., I will take the short version, how did Luke Spencer end up with Tracy Quartermaine?

I used to watch General Hospital, every day. I stopped watching when Genie Frances left the show. I did not like the way they wrote her off the show. I lost interest after that and stopped taping the show.

So can anyone help me fill in the blanks? Luke Spencer and Tracy Quartermaine? The original odd couple.
    Yeah, PrincessY pretty much got it down to a tee. It also involves Helena Cassadine as well. Tracy and Helena were working together to get Emily and Nikolas seperated when Helena was 'missing' I think and Luke found out about it. He got her drunk and they married. He'll only divorce if he can get his $12 million back (that belonged to Helena) but Tracy refuses to give it up so they stay married. I think she secretly enjoys it and he's in it for fun even though he 'loves' Skye but he kinda lost her to Alcazar, especially now that she's pregnant with his child.

Laura grew up with the Vining family. Laura and Amy Vining grew up as sisters. When Laura found out that Leslie was her natural mother, she chose to live with her. Amy soon also moved to Port Charles and became a nurse.
    Whatever happened to Amy??? She just disappeared off the show! And it seems like Leslie is gone since Leslie Lu is living with Luke at the Q's now. And by the way, the girl who plays Leslie Lu is terrific. She definetly does remind you of Genie Francis when she was young. You should think about watching an episode to see if you agree with me.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Whatever happened to Amy??? She just disappeared off the show! And it seems like Leslie is gone since Leslie Lu is living with Luke at the Q's now. And by the way, the girl who plays Leslie Lu is terrific. She definetly does remind you of Genie Francis when she was young. You should think about watching an episode to see if you agree with me.
    Leslie Lou grew up awfully fast. When she was little, she had dark hair like Nicholas and Leslie.

Leslie Lou grew up awfully fast. When she was little, she had dark hair like Nicholas and Leslie.
    Yeah, I guess after Laura was gone, they never showed her on the air. She went from like 4 years old to 7 to 15 now? But this actress is really good though. Definetly one of my recent favorites on the show. She had so much rage aimed at Luke and for all good reason, he abandoned her. But after the whole February sweeps where she became ill with that virus, they became close. I hope things get worked out between those two.

Page 3 of 86 FirstFirst 123456132853 ... LastLast