Page 41 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1631383940414243445166 ... LastLast

• my two sunshines

Re: The Soap Opera Thread.

AMC was actually kind of sad today - I'm thinking with the double funeral of Babe and Dixie it will be a hankie day - I'm not a Babe fan at all but it was kind of a tear jerker

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Wow, so they killed off Babe? That actually really sucks. I hated how she was involved with Josh this whole time but never did I think they'd kill her off. She always has a storyline. At least the other ones killed were kind of back ground characters. Dixie wasn't really on all the time as much as she used to be and as much as Babe has consistently been on the air. I figured her and Kendall were in the clear. I did not see this on soapcentral.com. I'm shocked. I know I'll cry during the double funerals. I read some spoilers and I'm not looking forward to watching these episodes without a box of Kleenex! Poor little "A". He lost his momma.

• my two sunshines

Well, she did get shot up from the killer BUT it did not kill Babe - she and Josh go into hiding - BUT in defense of Babe and the cast - they did really well today - especially Krystal - if you have a chance watch it on SoapNet - Even Janet got a little tear today from me, she was sympathetic also - the dying scenes with Babe were really well done.....for once in the last 6 months I give props to AMC

I do know that Babe and Jamie (who are married in real life) want to leave the soap and move to LA - so my guess is that the two characters will be recast because they are too embroiled in the storylines to not be

Please tell me Alan didn't die on Friday?????

Quote Originally Posted by Trac View Post
    Well, she did get shot up from the killer BUT it did not kill Babe - she and Josh go into hiding - BUT in defense of Babe and the cast - they did really well today - especially Krystal - if you have a chance watch it on SoapNet - Even Janet got a little tear today from me, she was sympathetic also - the dying scenes with Babe were really well done.....for once in the last 6 months I give props to AMC

I do know that Babe and Jamie (who are married in real life) want to leave the soap and move to LA - so my guess is that the two characters will be recast because they are too embroiled in the storylines to not be

Please tell me Alan didn't die on Friday?????
    I'm currently "listening" to AMC right now and it's good. Wonder that if the girl who plays Babe and the guy who plays Jamie move to LA, will they join a soap who tape out here? Say, GH? So they're playing the fake death with Babe then?
    Alan didn't die Friday. It ended with "Fun 1" forcing Emily to chose between Elizabeth, whose having contractions or cramps and Alan, who badly needs to go to the hospital to have his heart monitored. Emily did get a chance to use a defibulator (sp?) on him but he still needs more help. I'm assuming that she picks Elizabeth to leave the hostage situation because since Alan is going to die.

• Misses Disneyland

Wait, how did you find out that Babe is running off with Josh?? And did the funeral already happen? You guys make it sound like it did lol, and I missed it if so.

Elsa's and Anna's
    Disneyland Dec 2014

Anyone hear about the prime time spin off they're doing of GH for SoapNet? Sounds interesting...

http://www.soapcentral.com/gh/news/2...nightshift.php

This summer, General Hospital is about to go where few daytime soaps have gone before - primetime. In an announcement made today, SOAPnet, the Disney-owned cable channel, revealed that it will air a limited-run GH spinoff in primetime later this year.

SOAPnet has given the go-ahead to 13 episodes of General Hospital: Night Shift. Night Shift -- which is currently a working title and may be changed by the time the show hits the air -- will mark the first foray into serialized drama for SOAPnet. To date, SOAPnet's core content has been comprised of same-day repeats of ABC's daytime lineup - All My Children, One Life to Live and General Hospital - and The Young and the Restless and Days of our Lives as well as "classic" daytime and primetime soaps and soap-related specials.

"We are committed to growing the soap genre and the General Hospital franchise by expanding its storyline only on SOAPnet," Brian Frons, President, Daytime, Disney-ABC Television Group, said in a statement. "General Hospital: Night Shift will launch with an audience that is already dedicated and compelled to know more about what happens on the night shift at the hospital."

According to a SOAPnet spokesperson, Night Shift "will delve deeper into the relationships, friendships and medical cases seen at the hospital."

Unlike storylines on its daytime counterparts, Night Shift's stories will be self-contained and wrap up during each one-hour episode, episodes that will be understandable to viewers who do not watch General Hospital. The format is designed as a way to attract younger viewers to both SOAPnet and General Hospital. To accomplish this goal, Night Shift's characters will be plucked from General Hospital's history and will be mostly comprised of younger characters with ties to GH's core families.

Due to the fact that the sets have already been constructed, the show will be a cost effective way for SOAPnet to launch its first almost-original scripted series. There will also be no need for expensive ad campaigns to promote the series, since ABC can easily refer soap fans to SOAPnet through commercials during its daytime lineup. Like SOAPnet, ABC is also owned by Disney.

General Hospital's behind-the-scenes executives - executive producer Jill Farren Phelps and head writer Robert Guza Jr - will serve in the same capacity on Night Shift.

Night Shift will mark the second spinoff series for General Hospital. ABC launched a 30-minute spinoff, Port Charles, in 1997. The show, dogged by low ratings, went off the air in 2003 but remains in reruns on SOAPnet.

A premiere date has not yet been announced for Night Shift.

• my two sunshines

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfreeek View Post
    Wait, how did you find out that Babe is running off with Josh?? And did the funeral already happen? You guys make it sound like it did lol, and I missed it if so.
    No, the funeral hasn't happened yet - tho I heard it is a real tear jerker, especially with Krystal.

Josh blames everyone for killing Babe, for hating her and giving her such a hard time all the time, especially Kendall and JR - he packs his bags and leaves town - that is where Babe and Josh meet up, not for a rendevous for love but to catch the killer.

I believe Alexa Havins (Babe) has been given a little time for a role in a movie, then she'll be back on the soap

It's already been in spoilers that Alexa Havins and Justin Bruening (Babe and Jamie) want to be let out of their contracts cause they want to move out west. I'm sure they'll recast - I think they've recast Jamie 3 times now

• Super saucy pixie!

Whoa! Where did you hear this? I didn't think they would kill her off and was surprised when they did at the end of today's show. But then the promo that came on afterwards saying "One of these women isn't really dead!" between Dixie and Babe. Sooo, Babe's not dead. Don't know how they're going to handle that, but okay! Whatever keeps JR from being such a complete A-Hole makes me happy! I can't stand when he goes into Bad JR mode. I was so happy when he was happy and not being a total creep. When the Bad JR came back I was bummed. It got old fast before, and it's still old now.
    I wonder if the shock of losing Babe will cause Krystal to lose her baby?
    Over to GH, poor Alan. Did an excellent job of collapsing from a heart attack today. But I just don't want to see him go! It's breakin' my little heart! He's so cool!
    I hope Jason doesn't get shot (again!!) by an accidental bullet from Luke & Lucky!

• my two sunshines

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
    Whoa! Where did you hear this? I didn't think they would kill her off and was surprised when they did at the end of today's show. But then the promo that came on afterwards saying "One of these women isn't really dead!" between Dixie and Babe. Sooo, Babe's not dead. Don't know how they're going to handle that, but okay! Whatever keeps JR from being such a complete A-Hole makes me happy! I can't stand when he goes into Bad JR mode. I was so happy when he was happy and not being a total creep. When the Bad JR came back I was bummed. It got old fast before, and it's still old now.
    I wonder if the shock of losing Babe will cause Krystal to lose her baby?
    Over to GH, poor Alan. Did an excellent job of collapsing from a heart attack today. But I just don't want to see him go! It's breakin' my little heart! He's so cool!
    I hope Jason doesn't get shot (again!!) by an accidental bullet from Luke & Lucky!
    Well Dixie is off the show - we all know that and she's admitted she was unfortunately fired - Babe is faking - I'm sure it came into play when they took her to the operating room - thats why Josh was being so annoying - plus my guess it's not only for them to catch the killer but it was for Babe to make JR pay - and for me I'm all for it!

Krystal losing the baby, that would work - not that I want her to lose a baby BUT it fits and then there is no reason for Tad to even get into the picture at that point. But if she does than Babe will have that guilt forever.

I love Alan too - I'm going to miss him - how about that Spinelli daydream ROTFL! He's adorable

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
    I saw the commercial for this too and it really kind of pissed me off. We're going to have to go through this funeral for Dixie and Babe and see all these characters cry their hearts out for the loss of these women and we'll be sucked into it now knowing full well that one of them is really alive. Here's to wasted tears and Kleenex! I'm not a big fan of the fake death on soaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Trac View Post
    Babe is faking - I'm sure it came into play when they took her to the operating room - thats why Josh was being so annoying -

how about that Spinelli daydream ROTFL! He's adorable
    Yes, that scene with him yelling while in the OR and everyone overhearing it was way too much. Even if I was in Pine Valley, I'd be like, wth is going on in there? Makes me want to sneak in there or something.

As for Spinelli, I only heard his daydream but I loved it! Way cute!

• my two sunshines

AMC is a 5 hankie show today - Krystal, you could so feel her pain - all I could do is put myself in her place and what would I do if I lost my daughters - so of course I cried

I so agree with the last post. I had to get online during the comercial break to say this. It was even touching to see Adam shed a tear too.
    o A mouse a day, keeps the blues away. o

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

I just got home and I missed it!!! I hope I can stay awake for SoapNet tonight!!!

OMG...both AMC and GH had me using Kleenex last night! I feel so bad for Krystal about "losing" Babe, also Amanda. I thought Zoe would have cracked but she didn't really. I'm glad Josh is leaving Pine Valley, even though he's not off the show since he and Babe are in hiding. Oh yeah, was it me or did they change Spike? He looked different to me.

Emily was awesome on GH, good for her to take a stand about the whole situation going on. Anyone else think that the masked guy who's no longer masked (thanks to Maxie) looks like a younger version of Greg Vaughan (AKA Lucky)? And that new doctor who's in everyone's business is bugging the crap out of me! Who the heck is he to GH?

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

AMC is killing me this week! The scene today with the valentines to Heaven really got to me.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ