Page 48 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2338454647484950515873 ... LastLast

• my two sunshines

Re: The Soap Opera Thread.

Question: How can Scotty become Laura's guardian? Wouldn't that be next of kin? Luke, Lulu or Lucky? I didn't see what Scotty's arguement was but it's stupid!

And Erica - why does she need to know what Krystal's hiding? Why did she feel the need to tell anyone that Babe was alive? Why does she think she has any right to Josh's life? He was an abortion - she should just be thankful that Josh acknowledges her!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by Trac View Post
    Question: How can Scotty become Laura's guardian? Wouldn't that be next of kin? Luke, Lulu or Lucky? I didn't see what Scotty's arguement was but it's stupid!

And Erica - why does she need to know what Krystal's hiding? Why did she feel the need to tell anyone that Babe was alive? Why does she think she has any right to Josh's life? He was an abortion - she should just be thankful that Josh acknowledges her!
    I agree about the Scotty thing. I saw yesterday's episode and I could think of was WTF??? . That fool hasn't been married to Laura in over 25 years. Her three children and her mother have more say over him any day. I would have included Luke too but he isn't married to her. So funny that the day I ask where Kristina is she shows up. Does anyone think that baby Molly resembles the Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' baby Suri? I just noticed that yesterday.

On AMC, I'm sick of Erica. I've put up with this character for far too long and just didn't give a crap about her anymore since she turned all stupid with Jack and left him for that snooze fest called Jeff Martin. I know she's "La Lucci" but I wouldn't have minded if the Satin Slayer would have gotten to her instead of Simone or Dixie. I hope Josh tells off Erica today and never speaks to her again. I know that's what I'd do if I were him.

• my two sunshines

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    I agree about the Scotty thing. I saw yesterday's episode and I could think of was WTF??? . That fool hasn't been married to Laura in over 25 years. Her three children and her mother have more say over him any day. I would have included Luke too but he isn't married to her. So funny that the day I ask where Kristina is she shows up. Does anyone think that baby Molly resembles the Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes' baby Suri? I just noticed that yesterday.

On AMC, I'm sick of Erica. I've put up with this character for far too long and just didn't give a crap about her anymore since she turned all stupid with Jack and left him for that snooze fest called Jeff Martin. I know she's "La Lucci" but I wouldn't have minded if the Satin Slayer would have gotten to her instead of Simone or Dixie. I hope Josh tells off Erica today and never speaks to her again. I know that's what I'd do if I were him.
    Thats exactly what I thought about Scotty - have the writers from AMC moved over to GH? It makes absolute no sense BUT if he is the one that killed Rick and now that Laura knows she didn't do it, Scotty could try and kill Laura - now how is that going to hold up with the fans? Killing off one of the most beloved characters in daytime TV! If that is where it's going, then boy oh boy, I hope Luke kills Scotty and lets take him off the canvas!

Now how on earth did Ric get custody? After everything he's done? But with Nicolas creeping around in the background, I'll bet anyone that he'll dig up the dirt and really find something out - Ric will then reliquish the baby -

As for Erica - I tolerate her also - to do what she did and she really believes that she is right, just shows how bent she really is. I hope Bianca and Kendall give Erica an earful.

Thats exactly what I thought about Scotty - have the writers from AMC moved over to GH? It makes absolute no sense BUT if he is the one that killed Rick and now that Laura knows she didn't do it, Scotty could try and kill Laura - now how is that going to hold up with the fans? Killing off one of the most beloved characters in daytime TV! If that is where it's going, then boy oh boy, I hope Luke kills Scotty and lets take him off the canvas!

Now how on earth did Ric get custody? After everything he's done? But with Nicolas creeping around in the background, I'll bet anyone that he'll dig up the dirt and really find something out - Ric will then reliquish the baby -
    Yeah, if Scotty thinks he can lay one hand on Laura and kill her then he's wrong. What happened to all of those years that he loved Laura? The only ones who know are Lulu, Dillon, and Spinelli. I don't think Laura knew Scotty did it because I think she would have said that to Lulu before she faded, wouldn't she? I honestly don't know why they brought him back to Port Charles but I can't wait for him to leave again. I didn't enjoy him when he crossed over after Port Charles got cancelled and I certainly don't enjoy him now.
    With the whole custody issue, I just want to know why no one raised the issue when Ric kidnapped Carly a few years ago when he was crazed with giving Elizabeth Sonny and Carly's baby. Honestly, did the writers forget??? WHY DID NO ONE SAY IT! I figured when Carly was being questioned she certainly would have piped in that little tidbit of info. I'm just annoyed at that the most.

• my two sunshines

I'm just thinking the AMC writers were moved to GH - thats the only explanation

I'm just thinking the AMC writers were moved to GH - thats the only explanation
    I had to laugh during today's AMC episode when Babe told Josh and JR that she chose neither of them. Didn't Carly say the same thing to Jax and Sonny yesterday?

• Banned User

I had to laugh during today's AMC episode when Babe told Josh and JR that she chose neither of them. Didn't Carly say the same thing to Jax and Sonny yesterday?
    Indeed she did, then turned around and agreed to go out to dinner with Sonny, and told Jax she wants them to be together. Or something. It's...kinda really tiring to try and keep up with this triangle all the time. She should just pick one. (I'd pick Jax, personally.)

What'd y'all think of the stuff today with Lulu & Jason?

Quote Originally Posted by clairebear View Post
    Indeed she did, then turned around and agreed to go out to dinner with Sonny, and told Jax she wants them to be together. Or something. It's...kinda really tiring to try and keep up with this triangle all the time. She should just pick one. (I'd pick Jax, personally.)

What'd y'all think of the stuff today with Lulu & Jason?
    I liked the scenes between Lulu & Jason. Do you guys really think she'll spill the beans to Lucky about Jason being the biological father to Liz's baby? I don't really think she has the right to say anything about it, I think she should confront Elizabeth about it and see her side on it. Just a tough situation for anyone involved.

So what do you guys think of the Emmy nominations? I'm a bit disappointed. GH gets nominated for directing and writing but not for the best show? Genie Francis got nominated for best Supporting Actress which I find strange. She was on the show for a month! I hope Julie Berman (Lulu) wins for best younger actress and I'm shocked Maurice Benard (Sonny) was not nominated for best actor. His whole storyline with him figuring out that he was Bipolar was great since you got to see a real side to him since the actor suffers from that himself.

I also just read that Ted King who plays Alcazar is leaving GH.
    Ted King Announces His Plan to Leave GH
    Posted Thursday, March 15, 2007 6:13:47 PM

In just under five years with General Hospital, Ted King has played two different roles. But now the actor says that he wants to find new challenges. King appeared previously on ABC's Loving and The City.

In an announcement that the actor labels as either "unexpected" or "no surprise," depending upon your interest level in soaps, Ted King (Lorenzo Alcazar) has announced that he will be exiting General Hospital later this year. While the departure has been rumored for several weeks, King seized the opportunity to also dispel some rumors.

"For the casual viewer what I am about to say will be unexpected," King said in his statement. "For those who have watched closely however, this will come as no surprise; I am leaving General Hospital."

King has been a part of the General Hospital cast for nearly five years, having joined the show in July 2002 as Luis Ramon Alcazar. When his character was killed off in November 2002 - a move that show executives insist was always the plan - the writers devised a way for King to return to the show: a look-alike older brother. King returned to Port Charles as Lorenzo Alcazar in June 2003.

"I am leaving the show simply because it's time," King explains. "I need to stretch as an actor. I need to take on a new role. I have spoken to numerous executives at ABC and they have expressed their love for the work I have performed, and for who I am as an individual. They understand that I need to spread my wings as an actor and find new challenges. Many discussions have been had, and no one blames me for leaving the show."

Last year, rumors surfaced that King and Robin Christopher (Skye Quartermaine) would be written off of General Hospital and transitioned to sister soap, All My Children, a move that would have been a homecoming, of sorts, for both actors. Christopher's character originated on All My Children in 1987 and King previously appeared on ABC's Loving and The City, which was filmed in the same building as AMC.

King asserts that the move to another soap is not happening

"Over a good stretch of time, scenarios have been discussed that could keep me from leaving, or moving to other ABC shows, but at this time I am not interested in Lorenzo Alcazar going anywhere else," King stated.

"Ted King has decided to move on from GH after 4 years of playing the role of Lorenzo Alcazar and will be exiting the show as storyline dictates," a GH spokesperson tells soapcentral.com. "The cast and crew wish him the best in all of his future professional and personal endeavors."

King did not reveal when he would be exiting General Hospital nor what the show might have planned for his on-screen alter ego.

Looks like Rebecca Budig isn't coming back to AMC any time soon.
    AMC To Move Forward With Greenlee Recast
    Posted Sunday, March 18, 2007 12:07:00 AM

All My Children is currently conducting screen tests for actresses interested in assuming the role of Greenlee Smythe. Rebecca Budig, who played Greenlee for six years, has moved out West and may be up for a role on another soap.

All My Children is moving ahead with plans to recast the role of Greenlee Smythe -- despite being unable to re-sign the actress who originated the role. Further complicating the issue is that a seemingly perfect candidate for the role of Greenlee is already on the show.

A show source confirms that original Greenlee, Rebecca Budig, was approached by network executives about reprising the role. Budig, however, has relocated to Los Angeles with her husband since leaving All My Children and appears happy to remain on the West Coast. Some rumors hint that Budig might be up for the role of Brenda Barrett on General Hospital, should the show decide to recast the role.

Insiders and Internet users alike have stated that Melissa Claire Egan (Annie McDermott) would have been the perfect choice for a Greenlee recast. The actress bears a striking resemblance to Budig and has been well-received by fans as a potential love interest for Ryan.

Meanwhile, the show has already started screen-testing potential Greenlees opposite Cameron Mathison (Ryan Lavery). There is currently no word on which actresses have auditioned for the role.

Budig enjoyed a six-year run as Greenlee from August 1999 through November 2005. During that time she was nominated twice for Daytime Emmys in the Supporting Actress category.

An All My Children spokesperson had no comment regarding the recasting of Greenlee.
    I think it's pointless to bring back the character if the original actress isn't going to play her and since Kendall has already told Annie that she resembles Greenlee and there are pictures of Rebecca Budig's Greenlee on AMC. Not sure if I saw them in Ryan or Kendall's apartments. And ... Budig trying out for Brenda Barrett on GH??? I don't think so! That would be awful.

• Super saucy pixie!

Oh, sadness. I agree. If you can't get Rebecca back, don't recast the roll. I dug her, she was cool! I'd even give her a chance as Brenda just because she added so much spunk to AMC. I can't really see her as Brenda, but I would like her on GH in some totally new role!

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
    Oh, sadness. I agree. If you can't get Rebecca back, don't recast the roll. I dug her, she was cool! I'd even give her a chance as Brenda just because she added so much spunk to AMC. I can't really see her as Brenda, but I would like her on GH in some totally new role!
    That same website says AMC hired Sabine Singh (don't know who she is) as the new Greenlee. Oh well. I agree with Rebecca having a new role on GH instead of being the legendary Brenda who was created and can only be done by Vanessa Marcil.

• Super saucy pixie!

Okay I'm digging the Bianca/Zoe thing! I really want them to get together! I wonder if they'll fully turn him female or not. I'm kinda digging him as a male character. Even though he does pull off eyeliner really well!
    And on GH, Lulu needs to come clean to Liz. All the hinting and hedging is annoying.
    The commercial for that soaps mag says that some "favorite" is leaving. I wouldn't class Lorenzo as a favorite so much, so is there someone else leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
    The commercial for that soaps mag says that some "favorite" is leaving. I wouldn't class Lorenzo as a favorite so much, so is there someone else leaving?
    He is the only one I know of that's leaving GH. I also saw that commercial saying that Alicia (AKA Courtney) is coming back. I think this is just pure gossip. I went online to her official website and there's nothing posted about her going back to GH. She's actually going to be on some night time soap on "My 13" in LA. I'm not sure what channel that is everywhere is.

• Winter in Oceanside...

He is the only one I know of that's leaving GH.
    Who??

I hope they don't bring back Courtney. I was so glad when that character left! She was just annoying!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    Who??

I hope they don't bring back Courtney. I was so glad when that character left! She was just annoying!
    Who? Lorenzo Alcazar

About Courtney? Yeah, I totally agree with you. So annoying. And didn't she DIE? Another soap resurrection! I hope not.

Confession time:

You guys I haven't been watching any of the shows in weeks now. Shocking, I know. I've been watching ABC soaps since forever. Some things have changed/are changing in my life and it's amazing how quickly the soaps just... disappeared on the priority list. I still read this thread though, and I am really curious and Bianca and Zoe now! I was really liking Zoe when I stopped watching.
    Last edited by disneyballerina; 03-28-2007 at 09:41 AM. Reason: oops, typo