Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055 ... LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: The Soap Opera Thread.

And you B&B watchers, I've been wondering. Remember when Thomas married Gaby against everone's wishes? And he fought to keep her as his wife? Well, what exactly happened to her? Did she fall of the face of soap opera Earth?
    Gaby went back to school as her scholarship was reinstated... wherever that may be.

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Where is the one for GH? I used to love going to DCA when they had the Soap Opera Weekends...
    Both of them are in Studio City, GH is 21-23 of July. Try http://uniquesoapboutique.com for info.
    A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
    In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by aimster
    Gaby went back to school as her scholarship was reinstated... wherever that may be.
    Thanks, aimster. So, are she and Thomas "officially" still married?

No I believe they signed an annulment.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I remember when, the mother on "Ryan's Hope", always sang "Danny Boy" on St. Patrick's Day.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom
    Now I just listen to Young and the Restless if I'm in the car when it is on. It is my favorite because I can go several months to a year without watching and pick right back up on it within minutes!
    OMG thats so true! And OMG the storys are sooo BORING right now.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

I used to worked at the radio station at CBS in Hollywood, in the same building as TV's Channel 2...
    I was always amazed by the number of complaint calls that the operators got from people missing their soap operas during this particular week every March...when their shows would be pre-empted for...Migosh...two whole days for the NCAA March Madness Basketball Tournament.

I hate the phrase, "get a life", but in this case... (LOL)

Barry
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

I saw a license plate frame once that said I'd rather be watching As The World Turns. My initial reaction was: Wow! What an interesting line. This person has taste and class to display such an earthy, philosophical thought. Just as I said that, my friend burst my bubble and told me that it was the Soap they were referring to, not some cerebral message. Duh me!

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry
    I used to worked at the radio station at CBS in Hollywood, in the same building as TV's Channel 2...
    I was always amazed by the number of complaint calls that the operators got from people missing their soap operas during this particular week every March...when their shows would be pre-empted for...Migosh...two whole days for the NCAA March Madness Basketball Tournament.

I hate the phrase, "get a life", but in this case... (LOL)

Barry

I'm curious to see what happens next on B&B but I'm not getting my knickers in a knot over March Madness pre-empting it yesterday and today.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by aimster
    I'm curious to see what happens next on B&B but I'm not getting my knickers in a knot over March Madness pre-empting it yesterday and today.
    Though they did interrupt it during a very interesting plot line.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by twinmom
    Now I just listen to Young and the Restless if I'm in the car when it is on.
    I guess I'm having a stupid moment, but how exactly do you listen to TV in your car?

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY
    Though they did interrupt it during a very interesting plot line.
    They're keeping the suspense built up!

• done

I don't mind when they have scheduled pre-emptions or if they have unscheduled pre-emptions because of something actually important. But they'll break into a soap at the drop of a hat. What's interesting is that it's been noted that for prime time and sports, instead of breaking in, the networks will generally run text across the bottom. But for soaps, they break in for *everything*, no matter what. Did I really need to see live half an hour of them waiting for Michael Jackson to show up at the Santa Maria courthouse? The worst for me was on Rebecca Budig's last day as Greenlee on AMC, when there were apparently killer scenes with Ryan and Kendall, emotional and tense and all that with everything that was going on with Greenlee discovering that Kendall was carrying her own baby with Ryan, not Greenlee's and Ryan's. But AMC decided that showing 45 minutes of a police chase was more important. Sorry, I have a life, but a police chase is not seriously important news, so give me my freakin' soap. I can't imagine they would ever pre-empt something like "Lost" or any other major prime-time show for a police chase.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    Sorry, I have a life, but a police chase is not seriously important news, so give me my freakin' soap. I can't imagine they would ever pre-empt something like "Lost" or any other major prime-time show for a police chase.
    Don't even get me started on how tv stations cover police chases. I agree. Maybe that should be another thread.

There's no question that local t-v stations treat daytime different than "prime time" in that regard. But in many cases don't they offer to rerun the pre-empted shows in the overnight hours (so you could record it)? And at least for the ABC shows they are re-run on cable...(Soapnet, I believe)...
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• horsin' around!

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY
    I guess I'm having a stupid moment, but how exactly do you listen to TV in your car?

princessY..i have a pup that looks like your kitty :-)

Page 5 of 86 FirstFirst ... 2345678153055 ... LastLast