Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 45678910173257 ... LastLast

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Re: The Soap Opera Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    So what is the real reason that Jax did not tell Nicholas that he is the father of Courtney's baby? I just think that it is so wrong the way he is treating Nicholas. Nicholas should know that the baby is his.
    Okay, as far as I know, Jax didn't tell Nikolas that John is Nikolas's son for two reasons. #1, Jax wants a child of his own and this is his chance to keep John because no one except Courtney knew who the real father was. And #2, which I think is most important for keeping Nikolas out of John's life is that he is a Cassadine. Imagine if Helena found out that John is the Cassadine heir?! Oh boy, that would be scary. Jax is probably keeping John for himself to protect the child from the evils that is Helena and the whole Cassadine legacy. The child would be ruined IMO.

I can agree with you that Jax is being a little unfair to Nikolas but Nikolas has been acting like a child since he was with Courtney, he ruined her memorial, stole her ashes and now is whining about not being able to see John. He never wanted to be a parent in the first place because of that whole Cassadine crap that Helena would pull!

And here is a good piece of info that I read off of soapcentral.com just before logging onto MiceChat, John Ingle who used to play Edward Quartermaine and left to join Days of Our Lives is leaving Days and coming back to GH!!! I am so giddy over this news, I have missed the Edward I have known for so long and so glad for his return since they say he will be getting a good storyline. Yeah!

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

That is very good news about John Ingle returning to General Hospital.

The Jax/Nicholas thing, is just another good example, of how the characters on the soaps like to play God. I am not agreeing one way or another about their motives, but there's a lot of paternity secrets on the soaps. Seems to be a very popular storyline. Probably not a soap out there that hasn't used it at one time or another.

That is very good news about John Ingle returning to General Hospital.

The Jax/Nicholas thing, is just another good example, of how the characters on the soaps like to play God. I am not agreeing one way or another about their motives, but there's a lot of paternity secrets on the soaps. Seems to be a very popular storyline. Probably not a soap out there that hasn't used it at one time or another.
    Very true. But even though Jax may be doing this out of selfishness to have a child himself, he's also doing it to protect the child from Helena. To each his own I guess!

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    Alright, they need to kill this Sonny/Emily relationship on GH.
    Hate this story line too. Hubby and I call Emily "Stands With a Fist" because of her annoying halting way of speaking. Sounds like the character in Dances With Wolves.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Since it takes 10 votes to begin a club, perhaps the others who voted for the club, are not aware that it is official now.
    Okay. So Clubs are one thing different in Gold. Thank you, Barbaraann. This is an actual reason/answer to the question "why be a Gold member?" Now makes a bit more sense.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

There are many many clubs in Gold. Many interests are represented by those clubs. In order to see the threads from a club in MiceChat Gold, in your posts, you must join the club. For instance, if you wish to see the threads from the Soap Opera Club, you have to become a member of that club, or those threads won't appear.

• Minion

ORDDU: Oh, how delightful!! A topic about Daytime television!! The only soap opera that ever truly interested your Cauldron girls was DARK SHADOWS. (Glad to see there are a few others, here, who enjoyed watching it, too.)

ORWEN: At least they have the entire 5 years worth of episodes on those DVD thingies you ducklings are always talking about. So, for anybody who's interested, you can conjur up Amazon.com and order them for yourselves that way.

ORDDU: The thing that intrigued us about DARK SHADOWS was--well--everything! The spooky, gothic atmosphere, the mysterious storylines that gradually developed into out-right supernatural flights of fantasy.

ORWEN: And the way the writers would send various characters back in time--hundreds of years earlier--where the entire cast would start playing the roles of their own ancestors! They did this at least 3 times and it was fun for the cast to be able to play so many different characters.

ORDDU: Then there was that 'Phantom of the Opera' type romance between Barnabas Collins and his one great love, Josette, which developed into a love triangle when the evil witch, Angelique, decided she wanted Barnabas for herself--cursing him and turning him into a vampire when he wouldn't accept her love.

ORWEN: But I always identified with the leading female character, Victoria Winters, who was the Collins Family governess and who always found herself being thrown into one frightening mess after another.

ORDDU: And let us not forget the dashing Quentin Collins, who even had a hit song written for him back in 1969 known as 'Quentin's Theme'. As far as we know, DARK SHADOWS is the only daytime soap opera ever to be transformed into a night time mini-series. This happened back in 1991 when NBC revived the gothic horror romance for a brief time.

• done

Didn't get a chance to watch AMC at all during the week, so I watched everything on Saturday night. I'd already read the spoiler that David is the first one to discover that Dixie is alive, but I hated that he was the first. I can't wait for the scenes between Dixie and Tad (which are apparently coming soon) and between Dixie and JR.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    I'd already read the spoiler that David is the first one to discover that Dixie is alive, but I hated that he was the first.
    I'm just glad she called him on what he did with Di and fooling her son and all the other people she loves that she was still alive. Good job Dixie!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Was B&B on today? My DVR didn't record it and I have it set to record every day it's on.

• Winter in Oceanside...

Quote Originally Posted by aimster
    Was B&B on today? My DVR didn't record it and I have it set to record every day it's on.
    Yes, my DVR recoreded it, but I haven't watched it yet.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Carly found out about Alexis and Sam today. Do you suppose that she is going to tell Alexis the truth? Jason is getting really upset with Sonny. I personally think that Sonny is going to get murdered. Just a hunch.

So why does Noah want to die? It's still hard for me to believe that Robin is a doctor.

Emily makes me really mad, everytime she lies. I remember the very first Emily. I can't see that character doing the same things that this Emily does, but I haven't been watching GH, for quite some time. I didn't really watch much, when Emily was with Nicholas.

I actually like the character of Alexis. I like the way Luke calls her Natasha. I also like that the original Nicholas is back. I wish that they would show Bobby more.

So back to Carly. The original Carly was great. The Carly that's on there now is actually starting to grow on me. I liked the way she taunted Sonny today.

I rambled enough.

• Winter in Oceanside...

The original Carly was great. The Carly that's on there now is actually starting to grow on me..
    I started watching GH when Tamara Braun played Carly. (Was she the original?). Liked her. Didn't like her replacement (who was only there for a very short time), but I kind of like the current Carly.

I have never been able to warm up the the Emily character. Annoying! But I did like her with Nicholas.

• done

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY
    I started watching GH when Tamara Braun played Carly. (Was she the original?). Liked her. Didn't like her replacement (who was only there for a very short time), but I kind of like the current Carly.
    The original Carly was played by Sarah Brown, who most recently was on "As The World Turns". Tamara was the second Carly, and she currently has a recurring role on the prime-time sitcom "Freddie". Can't remember the name of the third Carly, and I never watched her, but from what I've read, people had a hard time getting used to her partly because there was no transition period and because of the weird things her character was doing then. From what I've seen of the current Carly, she's an interesting character, but pretty different from what Carly used to be, either with Sarah or Tamara.

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    The original Carly was played by Sarah Brown, who most recently was on "As The World Turns". Tamara was the second Carly, and she currently has a recurring role on the prime-time sitcom "Freddie". Can't remember the name of the third Carly, and I never watched her, but from what I've read, people had a hard time getting used to her partly because there was no transition period and because of the weird things her character was doing then. From what I've seen of the current Carly, she's an interesting character, but pretty different from what Carly used to be, either with Sarah or Tamara.
    3rd Carly was Jennifer Bransford. She was the only one I disliked but she sure played Carly well as a crazy cuckoo! All of the other three actresses who have or is playing Carly currently are great, they each portray her differently and I like that. I definetly enjoy the recent Carly, she has a tough independent edge to her and I like that she's calling out people like Robin and now Sam after she found out about her and Alexis being mommy and daughter. Still laugh when I think of this storyline.

Barbaraann, I also enjoy Alexis but honestly I did not enjoy her when she was defending Manny a few months ago. Way too righteous to me IMO. Her she was defending the madman who killed and enjoyed it, and caused her and her newborn baby to die in that train crash last November. Now that he's lingering around Kristina, her and Ric want Jason and Sonny to make Manny magically disappear...

Emily makes me sick as well ever since she got back to Port Charles. First, she decides to marry Zander while she's on her deathbed from breast cancer but is secretly in love with Nikolas. She breaks Zander's heart when she gets better and runs off with Nikolas and then (although this part I can excuse her for because I've never been through this situation myself) she distances herself from Nikolas after Connor rapes her and that causes Nikolas to become close with Courtney and the end of their marriage all together. Now she is hooking up with Sonny and is lying to everyone around her, especially to Jason, her beloved brother...right to his face! That is what makes me dislike Emily...

Page 7 of 86 FirstFirst ... 45678910173257 ... LastLast