Page 84 of 86 FirstFirst ... 345974818283848586 LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1290

• Winter in Oceanside...

Re: The Soap Opera Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Ok so first Rick wants one twin, then bonks the mom, now wants the other twin.

EWWWWW!!!
    Pretty much. I really wish he'd go back to Paris! He has become an icky character. When he and Ridge were fighting on the Forrester balcony and Rick went over the railing and he became temporarily paralyzed, he was such a mamma's boy cry baby: "You ignored me my whole childhood so that you could get Ridge!" "You need to dump Ridge because you ignored me my whole childhood!" Then fakes his paralysis.

Charm boy.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I actually used to care about the characters on General hospital, until they took away all their brains. How is it that a person is allowed to get away with murder? That seems to happen regularly on General Hospital. I tune in once in a while, and then I realize after about 20 minutes, why I don't watch anymore.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessY View Post
    Pretty much. I really wish he'd go back to Paris! He has become an icky character. When he and Ridge were fighting on the Forrester balcony and Rick went over the railing and he became temporarily paralyzed, he was such a mamma's boy cry baby: "You ignored me my whole childhood so that you could get Ridge!" "You need to dump Ridge because you ignored me my whole childhood!" Then fakes his paralysis.

Charm boy.
    Yeah I'm glad I don't watch this anymore. An occasional sumup is nice though. Confirms the writers are indeed smoking crack.

I liked the other guy that played Rick until this new loser came along a couple years ago.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GrouchyRob View Post
    My wife has totally given up on GH. The writing and story line are awful.
    I agree too. I've always hated the "mob" story lines. I'm sick to death of Carley and Sam and Lulu and Luke and Johnny. And that ditsy girl Nicholas is seeing. I wish the Quartermain family was still around!
    (And Barb posted something about GH...)

I realized why I watch the show. I hate the mob stuff, I hate all the overly dramatic stuff, but I love Spinelli. Spinelli is just awesome, and my only reasoning is 1.) he's geeky (which is very hot) 2.) he's the only geniunely nice person (characters) on the show.

I don't mind Nadine so much. It's weird because normally she's the type of character that would drive me batty but I think the writers tried to insert a typical "chick lit" protagonist into a soap and that's what Nadine is.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I run hot and cold toward Spinelli. Nice guy, yep. But sometimes I want to shout at him, like Sonny does: Speak English! Spinelli-speak gets annoying after a while.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post

I realized why I watch the show. I hate the mob stuff, I hate all the overly dramatic stuff, but I love Spinelli. Spinelli is just awesome, and my only reasoning is 1.) he's geeky (which is very hot) 2.) he's the only geniunely nice person (characters) on the show.

I don't mind Nadine so much. It's weird because normally she's the type of character that would drive me batty but I think the writers tried to insert a typical "chick lit" protagonist into a soap and that's what Nadine is.
    Agree with Kim, on all of this! ^

When I watch, it's always in hopes of seeing a lot of Spinelli. He is soooo cuuuute! Way too young for me, but he is just adorable. I heart him so. Sometimes I cringe when he gets carried away on his Spinelli-speak, but not because I find it annoying; it's because I am waiting for someone to yell at him for it, which makes me feel protective of him.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

Now that GH has a female version of Spinelli I'm not sure I'm liking it. Over a year ago we were supposed to find out who his daddy was but now I don't think I even care.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

I don't mind Winifred. I mean they could do a lot worse (like having a hot girl be the tech girl). I like her hat too.

Kinda' okay without knowing who Spinelli's parents are. I'd hate for him to be Sonny's son. But I don't like Sonny so... It would be funny if he was like another Drake son or Ned's kid. I hate the mob stuff and just like the dorky computer guy... I'm weird.

Oh! DB: Bradford Anderson is like 1.5 years older than me (Sept. of '79 just checked IMDB.). Not too young.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by knittingknerd View Post
    Oh! DB: Bradford Anderson is like 1.5 years older than me (Sept. of '79 just checked IMDB.). Not too young.
    OMG, hugs for Kim, for saying that someone born in 1979 is not too young for me!

• The Yodelin' Cowgirl

Blog Entries

I'm scared because actually posting on this thread means I admit that I'm an ABC soap fan... most people do not know this about me

I run hot and cold toward Spinelli. Nice guy, yep. But sometimes I want to shout at him, like Sonny does: Speak English! Spinelli-speak gets annoying after a while.
    I only love Spinelli-speak because I'm a nerd and I get most of it... I'm not proud!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Sparkle Plenty

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzcochik View Post
    I'm scared because actually posting on this thread means I admit that I'm an ABC soap fan... most people do not know this about me
    Same. I don't like TV. But I started watching ABC soaps one summer vacation, I think it was between 7th and 8th grade. So even when I don't watch, I will read occasional updates.

And don't worry, I'm sure Lisa won't tell anyone your secret. Pratt is verrrry quiet.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

What's scary is admitting that I am old enough to have watched the very first episodes of many of the soaps that are on today.
    Pop Century Resort

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Arizona's own

Blog Entries

I'm off to your facebook page now to let the world know!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyballerina View Post
    And don't worry, I'm sure Lisa won't tell anyone your secret. Pratt is verrrry quiet.
    Deebs used the ninja code on me 'verrrry quiet' so now I have to behave, dang it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann View Post
    What's scary is admitting that I am old enough to have watched the very first episodes of many of the soaps that are on today.
    My mom watched then and so I grew up watching them. I bet you remember Dr. Theiler and Mona's affair on AMC; Larry Wolek and Meredith Lord's love story on OLTL; or Steve Hardy and nurse Jessie's friendship.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew

Blog Entries

I only love Spinelli-speak because I'm a nerd and I get most of it... I'm not proud!
    Yay! Another person who digs Spinelli-speak. Yay!

Quote Originally Posted by disneyballerina View Post
    Same. I don't like TV. But I started watching ABC soaps one summer vacation, I think it was between 7th and 8th grade. So even when I don't watch, I will read occasional updates.

Wait are we going to confess how long we've been watching ABC soaps?

I've been watching ABC soaps (GH in particular) since I was like 4. Which is sad to admit, but my mom would turn them on and clean the house while watching them. So I'd watch. Then off and on through elementary school, junior high, high school and college. It's just cheesy drama which has to be good for you. Plus some major actors came from GH right? Demi Moore, John Stamos to name a few.

DB: hey '79 makes him over the legal line. Right?

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

How about Nikki Smith and Vince Wolek? Or when Sadie, I believe Gray was her last name, realized that her daughter Clara was passing for white? Both early OLTL storylines.

Then over on Days of Our Lives there was the time Marie Horton fell in love with her bother, when she didn't know he was her brother. Later she went away and became a nun. Funny thing was she had a child along the way, who came along later on.

It seems long lost children, and parents do a lot of popping up on the soaps, and they appear in the strangest of circumstances and at the most inopportune times.
    Pop Century Resort