Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Eyelash "Guillotine" and Other Beauty Horrors

What are your beauty "horror" stories?

Here's a true recent one that might have you screaming in terror:

A couple months ago, a friend of mine bought a fancy eyelash curler from Sephora. She was quite happy to finally try it last month while she was getting all shimmery for a night out on the town. She just finished putting the perfect touches on her eyes, and went to use her new eyelash curler. She placed her pretty lashes into the "crimping" end, and gave the handle a gentle squeeze. She released it and pulled it back to admire her handiwork, only to discover her eyelashes were *on* the edge of the curler! One look in the mirror had comfirmed her worst fear - the new eyelash tool had *CUT* off her lashes! I got to see the results, and I understand this was a time of upmost "girly support", but I laughed my *** off instead. Since then, I haven't heard what transpired when she decided to return it to Sephora.

• Minion

That is so funny! That's when you need a set of "showgirl lashes" to glue to the lids.

Hysterical! The poor thing... But at least its nothing that a quick trip to a 24hr drug store couldn't fix. Well, at least to look good for her big night out anyway...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    What are your beauty "horror" stories?

Here's a true recent one that might have you screaming in terror:

A couple months ago, a friend of mine bought a fancy eyelash curler from Sephora. She was quite happy to finally try it last month while she was getting all shimmery for a night out on the town. She just finished putting the perfect touches on her eyes, and went to use her new eyelash curler. She placed her pretty lashes into the "crimping" end, and gave the handle a gentle squeeze. She released it and pulled it back to admire her handiwork, only to discover her eyelashes were *on* the edge of the curler! One look in the mirror had comfirmed her worst fear - the new eyelash tool had *CUT* off her lashes! I got to see the results, and I understand this was a time of upmost "girly support", but I laughed my *** off instead. Since then, I haven't heard what transpired when she decided to return it to Sephora.
    You are so horrible.

• Waiting for the stork

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    I got to see the results, and I understand this was a time of upmost "girly support", but I laughed my *** off instead. Since then, I haven't heard what transpired when she decided to return it to Sephora.

that would be my reaction too.

like your surprised by that?
    procrastibating