Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hives, ew

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Hives, ew

Ok, so poor Jr. Miss Sunnygirl has broken out in hives! We spent all morning at the doctor's office. He told me there is virtually no way to tell what has caused it (other than something she's allergic to, like DUH, Dr. Einstein, tell me something I don't know). So she's covered from head to toe in itchy red bumps. Charming.

He said the allergic reaction has to run its course and may last up to a week! Luckily, she is not contagious (my first thought was chicken pox or measles) and he gave her some medication that she can take for the symptoms that won't knock her out like Benadryl does. She is currently bathing in Aveeno soothing oatmeal bath.

So we're in the car on the way home from the pharmacy and she starts singing this song...

I have to bathe in oatmeal so my hives will go away
    I don't like oatmeal but I bathe every day
    When I go to school, they'll be like
    Why do you smell like oatmeal?
    And I'll tell them and they'll be like
    That's wierd, but ookay...

I was cracking up in spite of my worry.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Re: Hives, ew

Hives are no fun. I hope she is feeling better soon.

I had an allergic reaction 5 years ago and I am still feeling effects from it. Turns out I am allergic to chicken. It has gotten better with time, but I still get itchy when I eat too much chicken.

The song is way too cute!
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• I'm your huckleberry.

I'm allergic to a lot of things, but I've never heard of an allergic reaction lasting a week!!!!

Give her the benadryl and let her be knocked out. It'll clear up hives in a jiffy, trust me!

You might also want to try Calamine Lotion for after the bath. She'll be all pink, but it is really soothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    I'm allergic to a lot of things, but I've never heard of an allergic reaction lasting a week!!!!

Give her the benadryl and let her be knocked out. It'll clear up hives in a jiffy, trust me!

You might also want to try Calamine Lotion for after the bath. She'll be all pink, but it is really soothing.

We gave her some Benadryl last night, when it first started showing up, but it absolutely knocked her out...The Doc said it's fine for eveenings, but prescribed Prevazone or Prevacil or whatever for daytime so she's not all out of it at school...We got some Calamine spray...She absolutely will not tolerate pink lotion on her body.
    Last edited by sunnygirl; 03-30-2006 at 02:05 PM.

• Again! Again! Again!

I'm so sorry for the Jr. Miss SunnyG! I hope that she gets better soon.
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    We gave her some Benadryl last night, when it first started showing up, but it absolutely knocked her out...The Doc said it's dine for eveenings, but prescribed Prevazone or Prevacil or whatever for daytime so she's not all out of it at school...We got some Calamine spray...She absolutely will not tolerate pink lotion on her body.
    Prednisone.... Its a steroid. Read the warning label the pharmacy gives you very, very carefully. It can cause some serious behavioral side effects in some people. My mom for example... she gets all weepy and depressed and weird on prednisone. It can also cause a persons face to puff up!

Its good medicine, but has some definite side effects!!!

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Gay Man

YIKES! I had an allergic reaction to a brand new Gap T. I didn't wash it it first and wore it out to dinner and to the movies. I itched like crazy all through the movies then, once I got back to the car RIPPED the shirt off. I didn't CARE if we were in the Fashion Island parking lot.

When I got home, I had a perfect red "t-shirt" on my body. I took three days for it to spread all over then go away.

I've never had it happen again though.

Give BabyG a hug from me and tell her not to scratch.

• most magical vaca ever

Awe... hope Jr miss SunnyG is feeling better soon.... better yet, hope you can figure out what caused it. Glad to see she has a good sense of humor about it too Keep on singin'
    ~~~~~~

•   
    • Prefect

Blog Entries

yeah, i refuse to take prednisone anymore. only if it's a life or death thing for me.

i hope the jr. miss feels better soon & that you can figure out what caused her reaction!
    <o>

• ...the legend

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    ..She absolutely will not tolerate pink lotion on her body.
    Hmm... reads Manga and won't wear pink. MY LONG LOST DAUGHTER!!!

No, you may NOT send her to me

Hope she feels better soon
    I give myself very good advice, but I very seldom follow it.
    That explains the trouble that I'm always in...

• I am a Pluto lover

Poor thing! My son did this just a few weeks ago, we were lucky tho, we figured out in just a few days that it was the carpet fresh we used.

Did the doc tell you to keep a log of everything, what she ate, drank, where she went, it will be a process of elimenation to find out what caused it. Also, check all your products, even though you may think you are useing the same old products, look to see if any say new or improved.

I hope she feels better soon....
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• I'm your huckleberry.

Its really crummy when you don't know what caused the reaction!

I once almost died from anaphylactic shock from an allergic reaction.... and I still have no idea what triggered it. All I know is that there is something out there that can potentially kill me!!!!

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Yikes, well I hope it's all gone soon and I'm glad she's got something to battle it now.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MellyMouse
    Did the doc tell you to keep a log of everything, what she ate, drank, where she went, it will be a process of elimenation to find out what caused it.

Actually, he told us it will be virtually impossible to determine what caused it...But I am keeping a close eye on anything she is ingesting, and looking very closely at household products as well.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jennidisneyfer
    No, you may NOT send her to me

Pretty please?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast