Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who gets your goat?/ a vent thread

There is a woman at my church who drives me up the wall. She's a mean nasty vindictive nosy witch. Yesterday we were setting up props for our chuch's biggest out reach of the year. We recreate Jerusalem and Christ's last week on earth. It takes alot of people to make it happen. MY hubby and I have been there all day getting sets ready and putting things together. It was 5:30 in the evening and people were getting hungry. I was trying to warm up some hot dogs for the kids and she takes the microwave from me to warm up wooden fish. I tell her very politely I need the microwave back and she ignores me. I tell her again and she ignores me. On the third time she looks at me shrugs her shoulders and walks off. By now I'm fuming. I warm up the rest and then start to warm up the rest of the food left over from lunch. She comes back and I tell her to her face she will have to wait til the food is done. She storms off and complains I'm being mean. I get in trouble from my friend telling me I need to share. Then the witch comes back and tells me how to do my advertising. I've been doing the advertising for 2 years. We have ads at the local theater, newspapers and even radio. I wanted to knock her to the ground and start punching her like Ralphie did to Scott Farkus in a Christmas Story. She doesn't do anything except sing in church but she walks around like it's her church and we should be thankful to her. Does anyone else feel this way about soneone?

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Who gets your goat?/ a vent thread

I used to feel this way about alot of people. Then I finally started ignoring them/pretending they don't exist and my life has gotten a lot less complicated because I don't have to deal with the BS drama anymore.

• Give Peace a Chance

Uninformed, know it alls. What an act of futility.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I can not stand Ego heads one bit. I am speaking about many of the selfish people who have high paying jobs (CEO's & such) and very high ranked positions here in America. If the government wants to steal money....I mean "Tax" money, they should tax the very wealthy rather than the middle class individual who is already having trouble just saving up enough money to pay bills, buy car insurance, buy groceries,etc.

• Super saucy pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    I can not stand Ego heads one bit. I am speaking about many of the selfish people who have high paying jobs (CEO's & such) and very high ranked positions here in America. If the government wants to steal money....I mean "Tax" money, they should tax the very wealthy rather than the middle class individual who is already having trouble just saving up enough money to pay bills, buy car insurance, buy groceries,etc.
    Amen. I feel my generaton of 20somethings are completely screwed. Just how are we to afford a nice normal home for our family in the coming years when prices are up near one million? Certainly not on what we get paid, college or no college. My gripe is with those people who have forgotten there actually are generations of people underneath them who need to start their lives, too.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

One of the social workers at the hospital where I work. She totally annoys me and makes my blood pressure rise just thinking of her. She is always in everyone elses business, telling everyone how to do their job, writing orders that susposedly came from doctors that the doctors don't know about. Once she and I got into a "discussion" about what someone was doing on the telementry monitors. She found the strips we mount every 4 hours and when she found the first one she said, "Ah ha! I was right!" Long before this I went into ignore mode anyway, but later I noticed that she had written on MY report sheet and changed what the techs had written down for what we had seen the patient do on the monitors!! I was sooo mad I took a permanent marker and crossed out what she had written.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• horsin' around!

okay..i can respond to this better after taking kids to school...but...i've GOT TO ask....she was warming up wooden fish??????????

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I always feel a little quilty, when I have to admit not liking certain people. I am a very private person, and I have to admit that I have a tenant who annoys me. She has a way of knocking on the door at the absolute worst time. She's really not a bad person, but her timing stinks. She was actually a coworker of my husband, before we rented to her. My husband is way to generous and he allows her to do things that I don't approve of, like use his computer. Well finally I told him that I need my privacy, and I am telling her no. She is just one of those people that rubs me the wrong way. I feel hypocritical, for allowing her to do some of the things that have annoyed me for so many years, but I have finally put my foot down and said no.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell
    Amen. I feel my generaton of 20somethings are completely screwed. Just how are we to afford a nice normal home for our family in the coming years when prices are up near one million? Certainly not on what we get paid, college or no college. My gripe is with those people who have forgotten there actually are generations of people underneath them who need to start their lives, too.
    Well my old saying is "We pay them (The Government) to screw us."

But honestly you will probably notice that the more we lose our jobs, the crime rates will go Up Up Up. If it gets really bad people will care less about anyone else and steal what they can and go to jail for it. But guess what? If you are homeless or what not going to jail is better than living on the streets and having you children be put in foster homes is better than having them on the streets too. In jail you would get a free place to stay, food, showers, etc. And then if you are homeless with children, having your children in a home of individuals that can take care of them and put them in school, etc. is much better than having them on the streets.

This is where the government will screw itself in the end. All they think about is the "Get Money Now" plan rather than what its consequences will be in the future. Because in the future when people are not paying their taxes because they have no money, the government will now have to start making us jobs and/or giving us money. But even when they make more jobs, it will take more money and make situations worst.

That's what greed does fo ya!
    Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 04-04-2006 at 09:50 AM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pixywingz
    okay..i can respond to this better after taking kids to school...but...i've GOT TO ask....she was warming up wooden fish??????????

I agree, why is she warming up a wooden fish?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

...Oh and as my mom told me, we really need to get some of these old farts out of political office and put some people from our generation in office. I would like to see a Middle Class American president some day, but with how structured American politics is these days, you can bet that won't happen.

She was warming up wooden fish so the stickers she was putting on them would stick. rolling eyes. I know it doesn't make sense but, that is her way of doing things. The funny part is it didn't help one bit and we used glue to get them to stick on the wood.

I will have pictures of our Marketplace and will take a picture of the fish. It
    won't be posted til Monday though.

Now to get me through til Sunday I just keep chanting,"Just keep swimming" like Dory in Nemo.

• Super saucy pixie!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    ...Oh and as my mom told me, we really need to get some of these old farts out of political office and put some people from our generation in office. I would like to see a Middle Class American president some day, but with how structured American politics is these days, you can bet that won't happen.
    What I wouldn't give for that! I always say 2 main presidential picks are never enough. It always comes down to two total jerks you wouldn't even let babysit your dog let alone run a country.
    I always wonder what would happen (in a completely alternate reality, of course) if a woman were president. Better yet, a woman who wasn't even white! Imagine that!
    But for starters, I'd go with a president who could put a whole sentence together without long pauses. Baby steps...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell
    What I wouldn't give for that! I always say 2 main presidential picks are never enough. It always comes down to two total jerks you wouldn't even let babysit your dog let alone run a country.
    I always wonder what would happen (in a completely alternate reality, of course) if a woman were president. Better yet, a woman who wasn't even white! Imagine that!
    But for starters, I'd go with a president who could put a whole sentence together without long pauses. Baby steps...
    ...Or someone who can keep their promises rather than just say what we want to hear for our votes...

I wonder, is it honestly that hard for some of those top notch politicians, president, etc. to understand that the Unemployment rate is very low because we are losing our jobs to cheap labor? I mean how can people not understand that? It seems that us middle class Americans know more about our country than the morons in charge of it.

• most magical vaca ever

Well, I don't own any goats

Looks for the vent to open

~~~~~~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast