Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• love my friends

Re: Kids and four-letter words

2 years ago my THEN 1 /2 year old said the F word in church I was sooooo embarrassed

anywys..... it was my fault (of course).. it was christmas eve..... A frozen pound of hamburger meat fell on my toe when I opened the freezer.. so Im said the F word

anyways..... we are sitting in churhc waiting for the service to start.. and out of the blue.. she says F$^#&......... People turned around and looked (most of the congregation is older).. I thought.. oh my god.. then they ALL burst out in laughter

I DO have to watch what I say around the girls

Friends for life

• Merry 2014!

So, cute and adorable tykes saying rough words are not cute and adorable any more? Is this what we are saying? that is until we laugh and they get the idea it will get them attention. Awwww.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• love my friends

my situation was kind of funny...... but at the time I was horrified of course......

I just have to watch what I say around them

oh get this one............

last week.. hubby was being a jerk.. I siad do you want me to kiss your A*(( too

anyways. the next day brianna tells my daycare lady.. my mommy kissed daddys A@!^..............

she told me this.. she had thought maybe we had sex in front of her.. I had to tell her what had happened....

soooo sooo embarrassing

LOL

Friends for life

• Senior Minion

I try not to swear. I honestly do. I learned it from my dad, who swears soooo much while working on cars, computers, etc.

I used to baby-sit the kid across the street. He was about 7 at the time. He would swear up a storm if I told him no tv until he started his homework, and that i could see that he really tried on it. I told him exactly what my parents told me when i was young and they didn't like what I was saying, or if I back-talked. I'd get out the tobasco sauce and tell him i'd wash his mouth out with it if he didn't hold his tongue. To prove my point, I put a tiny bit on his tongue and that taught him for that day. He even goes to a private catholic school. It's sad how young the foul language is starting..next thing you know, it'll be in kids movies as well.
    I, sadly, had that experience after back-talking when I was about 9, so I have tried to watch what I say, if possible.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• love my friends

it is so hard sometimes..... to watch what you say.. I found out..

I am trying though

Friends for life

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Funny thing is, kids learn most cuss words from their families, and at the earliest, too.

My dad taught me at least half of the cuss words I know from driving me in the car (which he rarely did) when I was like 4...he'd get irritated with people on the road and such.

So I wouldn't automatically point my finger at the tv. I think it's laziness on our society, a lack of proper parental guidance. Kids will spew it out because firstly, adults are saying it, so them saying it makes them feel older and cooler. Secondly...they oftentimes won't know the real meaning of the word.

And oh, come on. The "P" word? Obviously I don't know what context the word was used in (so if I don't fully understand I apologize), but it is a technical term for a body part after all. If it was slang I'd consider it innapropriate, but it's not.

• /sigh

I don't swear....in fact I really dislike swearing. There was a time that 4 little letter words were meant as an exlamation and an insult...to be shocking...but now, it's so folded into sentences as often as "um" and "like" that it loses meaning and intensity...but the shell remains just as ugly. I'm saddened to see children learning this behavior and not even finding an issue with the words coming out of their mouths. There are so many more 'colorful', non ugly, creative exlamations one can come up. Why limit our vocabulary? Come on, let's start using better exclamations...dab nabbit!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12