Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Bridal Bouquets - Silk or Fresh??

Ok, ladies!!! I'm being indecisive again whilst I browse some gorgeous fall arrangements for our upcoming wedding.

I've arranged silk florals before, so I'm tempted to make my own bouquet in silk.

I figure it won't wilt and I don't have to worry about drying it afterward and being "extra careful" with it. Plus, it's a lot cheaper, and I can have full control over how the finished product will look. (It's the Bridezilla in me. )

The only downside that I can think of - not having the pleasure of fragrance of real flowers.

So...... what should I do?????

• no flash photography...

Re: Bridal Bouquets - Silk or Fresh??

I like fresh...,,,but you should do what makes you happy..

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Do both! Make up a silk bouquet then take it to a florist and have them make an exact replica with real flowers. That way, you get fresh flowers on your wedding day and a silk bouquet to have as a keepsake. You can do what you wish with the flowers from the real bouquet after the ceremony. Maybe make paper, or something.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I would say have your bouquet be silk, that way you have a keepsake and it will look perfect. Maybe have simple fresh nosegays for your bridesmaids and fresh boutinieers(sp) for the groomsmen, or simple fresh flowers on the tables. You can do your own fresh flowers and save money also, as long as you keep it simple.

I once thought that silk was tacky at a wedding, but I had silk flowers at mine and they really turned out nice, plus I have a nice reminder of my wedding.
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by dramaqueen
    I would say have your bouquet be silk, that way you have a keepsake and it will look perfect. Maybe have simple fresh nosegays for your bridesmaids and fresh boutinieers(sp) for the groomsmen, or simple fresh flowers on the tables.
    Thankfully, we're not having any attendants/flowergirls, etc., so that's a cost saver right there.

I like Mamabot's idea, but only if I get some extra funds.

I was just thinking that I could always add a small fragrance "swab" type thing to the middle of the bouquet on that day. I could make up a nice oil blend of some of my favorite scents and then soak it and insert it before the ceremony. Hmmmmm........

• Incognito

Blog Entries

I can answer here because I'm a LAYDEEEEEEE!

I know from the last few weddings of my nieces that they had real, and by the time it was reception time, they pretty much didnt care about the bouquet.

Go silk!

• For You!

Silk will last forever, but most people I know have them last forever in a closet in a box. I had real flowers - and dried a few of them. Real are just so much prettier! Or I agree with both. My sister just had long stemmed lillies with a ribbon around them - they were so beautiful.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Can't you tuck some fresh flowers INTO the silk arrangement just for the smell? Like something simple, baby's breath, sweet assylium, etc. It won't detract from the arrangement if they do wilt, but you'll have that earthy, fresh smell of flowers.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Can't you tuck some fresh flowers INTO the silk arrangement just for the smell? Like something simple, baby's breath, sweet assylium, etc. It won't detract from the arrangement if they do wilt, but you'll have that earthy, fresh smell of flowers.
    Great idea, hype!

I've been thinking about this myself...not necessarily for my bouquet, but for the rest of the floral arrangements....
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    I've been thinking about this myself...not necessarily for my bouquet, but for the rest of the floral arrangements....
    It's ceratinly not a bad thing. Some of my centerpieces include silk florals, but then again, they have to. And so far, they look great.

I also figure it's better for centerpieces, because then people can actually take them and enjoy them.

And, I do love that idea, Hyper.

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    It's ceratinly not a bad thing. Some of my centerpieces include silk florals, but then again, they have to. And so far, they look great.

I also figure it's better for centerpieces, because then people can actually take them and enjoy them.

And, I do love that idea, Hyper.
    I agree. I'm trying to figure out ultimately what will be cheaper in the end. If it ends up silk....then silk it is! Especially the arch floral arrangement...no one cares about if that's real or not....
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Especially the arch floral arrangement...no one cares about if that's real or not....
    Just don't do balloons. I went to a wedding once that had a balloon arch and it floated too close to some track lighting and some of the balloons popped.... scared the bejeezus out of everyone!!!!!!!! I thought it was funny, but the bride started crying, poor girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    Just don't do balloons. I went to a wedding once that had a balloon arch and it floated too close to some track lighting and some of the balloons popped.... scared the bejeezus out of everyone!!!!!!!! I thought it was funny, but the bride started crying, poor girl!
    OH, no, I was planning on having an inflatable arch. Tre shi shi.

• All you need is LOVE

Well i think you can do both add in fresh to the fake ones oh yeah try it out see how it looks

Have one of each, Keep the silk and throw the fresh one to all the unattached women. That way you get to "throw" the bouquet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast