Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Baby Shower Games

My mom and I are hosting a Baby Shower in mid- to late August for my sister-in-law and I'm trying to think of some good games you can play for the shower. I know of a few websites out there but I'm not into buying a booklet of games. Anyone have any suggestions for games, favors, door prizes?

Thanks for your help!

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Re: Baby Shower Games

I was just at a shower on Saturday, so I have a couple for you:

Play-doh babies: Create a baby out of play-doh in 5 minutes. My step-mom did a blanket and a dingo titled "The Dingo Ate My Baby". The mommy-to-be picks the best and worst.

Baby A-Z: Have an A-Z list and have guests list out everything baby associated for each letter. Give a time limit of 3 minutes. The winner is the first person to get all letters assigned to a baby item or the person with the most.

Fill in the Blank for Mother: This is hilarious! Figure out different phrases that are associated with the word "mother". There were some hard ones and some easy ones. Guessts have 3 minutes to complete the list.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Oh bother!

Pass around a roll of toilet paper and have guests tear off however much they think it would take to wrap around the mommy's pregnant tummy (as if you were measuring her waist.)
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

• /sigh

Ok, here's a gross one that I've done at a baby shower, which was actually a lot of fun! Name that poop! Spread different types of chocolate, carmels, candies...anything of that 'natural' color, in diapers. Have people sniff and smell...and dare they...taste...each diaper. Let them guess which each 'poop' really is. I told you...gross!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Oh! I remembered another one!

Break Your Water: Fill enough ice trays with water. Leave room for one small plastic baby in each ice compartment. Freeze. When it is time to play the game, give each guest a cup with a baby ice cube in it. The first to "break" their water and birth their baby wins.
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.

NO GOATS!

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Wow, these are great! Keep it coming!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

I'm not a big fan of shower games. I prefer the kind like the "baby in the ice cube" to the "guess how big the mom's belly is". I like the kind where you get to passively participate.

That said, here's a super easy one. Buy several prizes. When the mom is opening her gifts, set a timer for a few minutes. When the timer rings, whoever is the giver of the current gift wins a prize. Nobody has to do anything embarrassing, there's no teaming up with a partner that you don't know, nobody has to wear a blindfold...and most importantly, it doesn't add an hour's time to the length of the shower just to play games.
    A signature should go here.

• For You!

here are few "paper" games -

you list animal names, and the people have to say what they call that animal's baby (ex. Kangaroo - Joey)

Get 15-20 baby foods - number them and write down what the type of food is. Then take off the labels and have everyone guess what the baby food is.

Also, my favorite - fill a bowl full of rice and put in the little gold safety pins. Blindfold and then try to pick out as many pins as you can. Sounds easy, but it's not.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• My cuties!

Take both parents' names and see how many words you can make with the letters.

For the baby food game, give the jars to the mom at the end of the shower.

The pin game is lots of fun and NOT easy at all!

• /sigh

Oh, and there's always the traditional pacifier necklaces. String a pacifier on ribbon into a necklace and hand one to each person as they come in. The rule is, you can't say 'baby'. If you're caught saying 'baby' then you need to give up your necklace to whoever caught you. The person with the most necklaces at the end of the party wins a prize.
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzco-topia
    Oh, and there's always the traditional pacifier necklaces. String a pacifier on ribbon into a necklace and hand one to each person as they come in. The rule is, you can't say 'baby'. If you're caught saying 'baby' then you need to give up your necklace to whoever caught you. The person with the most necklaces at the end of the party wins a prize.
    Along the same lines you make a little diaper out of felt. Make one diaper dirty with marker inside. Hand them out as each guest arrives. At the end of the shower game section, have everyone open their diapers. The one with the dirty diaper wins the prize.

NO GOATS!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626
    My mom and I are hosting a Baby Shower in mid- to late August for my sister-in-law and I'm trying to think of some good games you can play for the shower. I know of a few websites out there but I'm not into buying a booklet of games. Anyone have any suggestions for games, favors, door prizes?

Thanks for your help!
    You're in luck. I just went to a baby shower and brought the prizes for the games!

One game was a scrambled word game where we took words that had to do with pregnancy, labor, delivery , babies etc. and scrambled up the letters. The person who unscrambled the most won!

Another game was where we had several different types of baby food with the labels off for people to taste test and see if they could guess the flavor. The person with the most correct guesses won.

We also had a tray full of all kinds of baby items....diaper wipes, rattles, bottles , etc...about 25 items total. Everyone had one minute to look at the tray then we took it away and they had to write down as many items as they could remember. The person with the most items won.

We also each had a clothespin on our shirt and anytime someone said "baby" you could take their clothespins away! The person with the most clothespins at the end of the party won. I've also seen this game played with miniature diapers that had a little bit of baby food on them to make them look like dirty diapers.

One game which I'd never played was like "memory" with words like "labor" "twins" "poopy diaper" "Baby giggles" etcetera. Each person got to take a turn trying to find a match and if they got one they won a candy prize that went with that match. Poopy diaper got Milk Duds, Baby Giggles got a Snicker Bar, single baby got an Uno bar, Twins got Double mint gum, etcetera. I can find out the others if you like the sound of this game.

Another game I've seen played is where you have each guest tear off enough toilet paper from a roll that they think will fit around the pregnant mom's stomach. Whoever guesses the closest wins.

For prizes we did notepads, stationary, bubble baths, cute key chains, little dolls for the little girls, candles. Any little thing is usually a hit!

Have fun!

These aren't games, but cute things for a shower.
    1) Buy a book for the baby, and have everyone at the shower sign it with a personal message.
    2) Buy a bunch of diapers, and have the guests write a "tip" on them. Then, when mom is using them, she will get messages from friends.
    3) Have guests decorate onesies for the baby.

• Playtester

Purchase several baby items (diaper, bottle, pacifier, comb etc) before shower and arrange them all on a tray. Have the mom-to-be pass the tray around then find a reason to excuse herself. Once she is gone the hostess tells the guests to write down as many things as the Mom-to-be was wearing (color outfit, hair accessories, earrings etc). This will shock your guests because they are expecting to write down the items. They were probably not looking at the mom so it will be tough, but fun.

Bingo: Prior to opening the baby shower gifts, number each gift on the box starting with one. If you know that 15 people will be attending your shower, pre-print bingo cards with numbers 1 through 15 and randomly place them on 15 cards. When the mommy-to-be's decides to open the presents, she grabs the present she wants to open and reads the number out loud. As soon as someone receives bingo, they win the baby shower game and the baby shower prize.

Baby Song List: Have each woman write down in 5 minutes all the songs that have baby in their titles (i.e., baby love, santa baby, one for my baby). You can make it harder by stating that you have to name who also wrote the songs.

Give out sheets of paper and pencils to your guests. Pick phrases from nursery rhymes, read them aloud to your guests and have them write down the rhymes the phrases belong to. Then the hostess reads the lines again and guests call out the name of the associated rhyme. The one with the most correct guesses wins.
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

Not exactly a game but something I do at every shower I throw. You buy all of the thank you cards that the mom-to-be will need for the shower. Match her theme. When the guests arrive have them address an envelope with their information. Then put all of the envelopes in a bag and pull out names as prizes. At the end of the shower the mom now has pre-addresed envelopes for her thank you cards.
    "You can't judge a book by its cover."
    "No, but you can tell how much it is going to cost."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast