Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries

I Heart Trader Joes

Even though it is 40 minutes round trip, I make my weekly grocery pilgrimage to Trader Joes. The food is fresh, yummy, healthy and always seems to taste better than the stuff I buy at Ralphs.

We have to buy things we cannot purchase at TJs at other stores. Our goal is to stop relying on Ralphs as much as we do. The Ralphs near our house is convenient, but hit and miss with freshness.

What are your favorite items to buy at TJs? What have you tried that was not worth the money? What is your favorite TJs inspired dinner?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• /sigh

I love TJ's, but I never seem to go as often as i should. I love their Tamarin Almonds and Chile con Limon pistachios....oh, now i'll have to make a stop there on the way home...considering it's 2 miles from my house!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• insufferable know-it-all

Love love love TJ's.
    Food is better, fresher, cheap.
    I shop there a lot.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• -Going Retro-

Anyone had "2buckchuck" wine? It's not bad. I haven’t been in some time but we normally get Kashi cereal at a good price and I love the snack foods they have. :o

• Rally Vixen

Blog Entries
    I am still shocked by how much we save on our grocery bill by shopping there.

The kids don't even complain about brown rice wheat pasta and organic food. They prefer it to other pasta. They think that Fruit Leather is the biggest treat on the planet. That and peanut butter filled pretzels.

Our favorite easy dinner is the frozen Madarin Orange Chicken with 3 minute Jasmine Rice. We pair it with potstickers from Costco or side from the Chinese restaurant near our house. Yummy!

Edited to add: I picked up a bottle of the Two Buck Chuck Chardonnay yesterday. Can't wait to try it!
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

• Minion

Don't get me started on TJ's. But here goes:

Two Buck Chuck was an unbelievable hit for them a few years ago. Wedding receptions, BBQs, dinner parties were all buying it by the case from Newport Beach to La Puente.

I've been a fan since the '70s and have watched them grow and expand to a what they are today. Kinda offbeat, reasonably priced and over the decades -- an adventure in shopping.

Currently, I love their dairy products, the Greek style yoghurt is so good. Unsalted butter. Washed, bagged salad greens, cheeses at some of the best prices you'll find anywhere, baguettes, specialty breads, fresh flowers, wines and liquors, cereals, olives, olive oil, pastas, nuts, frozen fish, racks of lamb, green beans, ice creams, key lime pie, appetizers, rice varieties, health products, vitamins, chips, pretzels, vegetables, Jelly Bellies, MOCHI ice cream bon bons, sorbets, jarred cherries, olives, canned corn, tuna, crab, ginger beer, imported beers, tartar sauce, mustards....and on and on it goes.

I just mentally went up and down the aisles and picked out some of our staples.

• Greetings, Program!

Quote Originally Posted by Disguy
    Anyone had "2buckchuck" wine? It's not bad.
    Enjoying a glass of Two-Buck Chuck merlot right now. Great stuff.

TJ's is fantastic. Dunno what I'd do without it. The guacamole tortilla chips that cost about 3 times less than Doritos and taste better, the meatballs, potstickers, and those damn chocolate almonds.....the place is great, and cheap!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Abomination Unto Nuggan

I rely on their artichoke and mushroom calzones for lunch at work many days

• -Going Retro-

Quote Originally Posted by tabacco
    I rely on their artichoke and mushroom calzones for lunch at work many days
    I can't say I've tried that before but artichokes and mushrooms are my love. Might be a good time to head to TJ's

• Why do you keep talking?

I would just love to say that please buy the TJ brand Orange juice. My dad actually works for Naked Juice (Extremely good juice by the way) and they make the OJ for TJ (we get free gallons out the ...fridge... so so so so yummy)

I love the store anyway, Anyone else addicted to the Pita Bread chips?
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Greetings, Program!

Polishing off this bottle of 2 buck Chuck and munching on guac chips......I love TJ's man!
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Back home :-(

You guys are lucky! The nearest one is an hour away (in a direction I never go), so I get there about once every three months.

I splurge and go for the three dollar wine. The last one was absolutely amazing... It was from Argentina. I kept the bottle so next time I can go down there I can load up. (That's if they still have it!) I LOVE their wines... they're so good!

I really like their pasta sauces, chile lime pistachios, cheese, dips (you can't really go wrong with any of them), simmer sauces (I like the Picadillo and Marsala), curries and spinach sauces. We really like ethnic foods, so it's really nice to be able to go in and get ingredients you usually can't get at a regular supermarket.

• Abomination Unto Nuggan

Quote Originally Posted by MegarooFifi
    I really like their pasta sauces, chile lime pistachios, cheese, dips (you can't really go wrong with any of them), simmer sauces (I like the Picadillo and Marsala), curries and spinach sauces. We really like ethnic foods, so it's really nice to be able to go in and get ingredients you usually can't get at a regular supermarket.
    I highly recommend the Mango Coconut one

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by MegarooFifi
    You guys are lucky! The nearest one is an hour away (in a direction I never go), so I get there about once every three months.
    HA!!! Try being over 1000 miles away! I love TJ's! My last trip to CA, that was one of the first places I went. I miss 2buckchuck, I always used to keep it by the stove and put it in almost everything I cooked!

My son also loved the fruit leather, and I loved all the healthy, oaty cereals that were so cheap! In grocery stores, those cereals cost like 4 or 5 bucks!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Senior Minion

I love TJ'S. The chips, hummus, Salsa selection, Chucks' I love it all. Oh and don't forget the Austrailian Licorice Yummy. I get all my soy protein products from them. Nice!!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast