Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Now 40% less bitter!

I want to dye my hair a crazy color!

Okay, this is nothing serious, but I've been wanting to dye my hair a funky color (like pink or blue or something) for a little over a year, now. Only problem is, I can't think of an occupation that would allow me to do that. At the moment, I am in between jobs, so the opportunity might present itself. Can anyone think of a job I could get where I could dye my hair beyond a color found in (human) nature?
    Oo-de-lally!

• Life is Great!

Re: I want to dye my hair a crazy color!

hot topic, piercing salon? only other option is to get a nice wig for when you are at work. i have wanted purple hair for years, and as soon as i stop working i will have it. for now i have to settle for unusual but "normal" colors. i was using nice and easy burgandy but havent touched it up in a few months, just bought some herbal essences radiant ruby. i usually go darker/deeped in winter and brighter in summer. if i get the kids to sleep early tonight ill try it, if not it will have to wait until tomorrow when they nap.
    {:
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by AliKzam
    Okay, this is nothing serious, but I've been wanting to dye my hair a funky color (like pink or blue or something) for a little over a year, now. Only problem is, I can't think of an occupation that would allow me to do that. At the moment, I am in between jobs, so the opportunity might present itself. Can anyone think of a job I could get where I could dye my hair beyond a color found in (human) nature?

I say go for it but make sure you use the "right" brand for what you're after.

My daughters have used the Purple Python color from Long's as well as some of the other colors in that line and it is awesome. The colors come out really vibrant and MOST of them wash out right when the package says they will. But watch out for the blue color...that one didn't wash out of my youngest daughter's normally platinum blonde hair and I had to spend a lot of money bleaching it, coloring it and highlighting it to get it back to normal.

I myself change my hair style and color all the time, although I don't do any "unnatural colors" unless it's done with extensions which I can take right out since my hair is fine and I don't want to damage it too much.

If anything goies wrong with the color , don't worry. It can always be fixed. But it's much better (and cheaper ) to do it as "right" as you can the first time!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Wildest color I ever did was a very bright red (almost fire engine red). This was 5 years ago when I worked for a mortgage company. My co-workers probably thought I was a freak... but I loved it. My musician friends were all, "Your hair is so cool! How did you do that?" Herbal Escenses Red Desert (don't think they make that shade anymore). I've also dyed my hair burgundy in the past.

I work in an office still, but a very casual one since no clients ever come to see us (we wear jeans/shorts, tank tops and run around barefoot all day). I could probably get away with something kinda wild again but I'm just kind of over that now..... though sometimes I want to add some red streaks to my hair but then it passes.

• Now 40% less bitter!

Nifty. I'm applying for temp work. That's encouraging.
    Oo-de-lally!

• Do you have a 27B/6?

I work at Target; I was thinking about dying my hair pink at one point, and they seemed kind of surprised that I checked in with them first. One of the execs said, "Target is all about Diversity."

Although I wouldn't encourage it. Retail is hell.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

• Life is Great!

Quote Originally Posted by Bibliophile
    I work at Target; I was thinking about dying my hair pink at one point, and they seemed kind of surprised that I checked in with them first. One of the execs said, "Target is all about Diversity."

Although I wouldn't encourage it. Retail is hell.
    thats actually good to know. we are planning on me stopping working one of these days, but after the kids start school i might want a part time job and have done the retail thing before. bet target would love red even more, hehehee
    {:
    MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

•   

At a table in front of the French Quarter Market

25 years ago, I quit a job rather than give up my blue hair. My friends and I couldn't even get into DL without hiding our hair under hats. They said we would be too distracting for the other guests. Now, I see it everywhere.

Fluffy Club Member

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

Bear likes to go plum. When you put product in it just looks black. He works at Kinko's and no one even notices.

Reds are a pain in the rear. They fade so fast even when you are careful.
    A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
    In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yeah I agree reds are the hardest to maintain because they fade so quickly no matter that you do. Now I dye my hair "mahogany brown", which is a dark brown with burgundy highlights. I like that it looks normal enough but still slightly funky.

• Former Epcot CM

I was born with sky blue hair.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • MC Director of Sales and Marketing

Blog Entries

My hairstylist dyed the lower layer of my hair bright pink. I loved it! If I wore my hair straight, you could barely notice it, but if I wore it up at all or flipped up the bottoms, you could totally see it. It was a nice happy medium for the "professional" me and the "I still want to be cool" me.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it's worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse princess View Post
    Of course I am worried about your mental health. I want happiness for all. Like we can all be like the Smurfs. But without Gargomel. He was mean.

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

i personally want to have one color of hair insted of my natural mixture of sandy blonde and brown...i think I am just gonna go stright brown

• insufferable know-it-all

When I was six, I wanted my hair dyed platinum pink (like Jem). Never did it. Wish I had, actually. Now I'm too old, stodgy and "professional" to do that. I mean, would you list your house with a pink-haired agent? Seriously.

Gah... shoulda done it. Maybe when I retire. Then I can cover grey with hot pink or something obnoxious like that. Has anyone ever seen a pink-haired granny?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Now 40% less bitter!

Morrigoon, how did you know I've been watching Jem on my Netflix? Seriously, she is one of the reasons I want to dye my hair pink! And think about it, if you did dye your hair pink and put yourself up on a billboard, people would recognize you! They'd be like, "We're buying a house out here, and not just from any agent! We're buying our house from Morrigoon, the pink-haired real estate agent!" You could give away T-shirts!
    Indianna Jenn, that sounds like an intriguing possibility. Do you have pictures?
    Oo-de-lally!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast