Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• /sigh

Gradual Tanning Lotions

I've been using Jergins tanning lotion, and was wondering if there was anything better? I started a few weeks back with the 'light', but didn't notice anything, so went on to 'medium'. I have noticed a bit of color which is good....however I'm trying to get rid of a farmer's tan and only applying it on the pasty side of the upper arm . I'm not a sun baby, so something like this will have to do when the time comes for wearing the strapless gown.

Any suggestions? Any alternatives?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

Re: Gradual Tanning Lotions

Mystic Tan!

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Jergens works well for me, but it takes at least a week of consistent using to get a real noticable difference. I've been using it since last summer, I it. I have noticed though if you wait about 10/15 after your shower it seems to adhere(for lack of a better word) better

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

• Winter in Oceanside...

I'm having decent results from Jergen's too. But you still have to wait a while for it to dry before putting on clothes which is a PITA. I switched from the real self tanners to the moisturizer tanners cuz I thought they wouldn't have the wait time... but, alas, they do.

• All you need is LOVE

Maybe get a spray on tan before wedding if you need to

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

You have to use the Jergens every day for at least a week or so before you see results. I have a natural tan, but use the Jergens on my chest as for some reason it hasn't been tanning as well as the rest of me this year.

I used the Neutrogena self tanner a couple years ago and it was justa pain to have to reapply it every couple days. I finally said "screw it" and started laying out by the pool for an hour a day on the weekends. I'm just lazy when it comes to stuff like this.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

I just started using the Jergens medium last night. The only noticeable difference is that the palm of my left hand and the spaces between my fingers on my right hand are turning a pleasant tan color. My legs and the top of my right hand are still a pasty white.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    I just started using the Jergens medium last night. The only noticeable difference is that the palm of my left hand and the spaces between my fingers on my right hand are turning a pleasant tan color. My legs and the top of my right hand are still a pasty white.
    give it a week and you'll be not only sexy but tan and sexy

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • with sprinkles, please

Blog Entries

For the wedding, you might be better off going to a spa (come on, a pre-wedding splurge) and having someone else apply it for you, so you can make sure you're not going to have wipe marks or uneven spots. The Mystic Tan might be a quick fix for that, too.

I do use the Jergens and I like it. I think it smells a little weird though. The best one I've tried is called San Tropez and I believe they sell it at Sephora.
    A signature should go here.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl
    You're supposed to wash your hands after applying because of the self-tanner.

• Food & Whine Aficianado

The new Kiehl's self tanner is the best one I've ever found. I used it before my last trip to DL, so I wouldn't blind anyone with my blue-white Irish legs. No streaking, but you really need to be careful with your palms and any harder skin (like heels, etc.). I've tried everything from cheapy drug store brands to mid-priced ones like Neutrogena and costly ones like Chanel. Two applications of Kiehl's did the job and it lasted for more than a week.
    An Enchanted Tiki Room practically in my back yard:
    www.TheTikiTerrace.com

I'm gonna get my first Mystic Tan today or tomorrow, I'll tell you how it goes.

• /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by SusieP.
    For the wedding, you might be better off going to a spa (come on, a pre-wedding splurge) and having someone else apply it for you, so you can make sure you're not going to have wipe marks or uneven spots. The Mystic Tan might be a quick fix for that, too.

I do use the Jergens and I like it. I think it smells a little weird though. The best one I've tried is called San Tropez and I believe they sell it at Sephora.
    I've thought about that...or going to mystic tan....but HECK NO do I want some girl doing it for me!
    NO TOUCHY!

How private is the mystic tan thing? I'm not brave enough to flaunt it. Also, how long does the tan last?
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Oh bother!

I am a total self-tanning junkie. Over the past few summers I have literally tried every drugstore brand out there. My absolute favourite is Neutrogena MicroMist Sunless Tanning Spray. I have been using it every 3-4 days since May and I L-O-V-E it! It applies like a professional airbrush spray and the mist covers pretty evenly. You don't have to rub it in. The spray works at any angle - even upside down. I am not very flexible so this is a bonus to get hard to reach places. It takes about 10 minutes to totally dry and it doesn't stain clothes. 2 applications will get you about 2 shades darker and no orange!
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast