Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Bare Minerals rip off?

Hmm, sounds interesting. Would you then skip using the warmth if you use Clear Radiance?
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Banned User

does this makeup cover red blotches, and skin discolorations or do I need to buy cover ups? also my skin is oily, will this stuff looked caked on in these spots?

I have oily skin too and the BM looks great on it. As for covering up discolorations/blotches/dark circles, I haven't tried that yet.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    does this makeup cover red blotches, and skin discolorations or do I need to buy cover ups? also my skin is oily, will this stuff looked caked on in these spots?
    I have oily skin, and very splochy, discolored skin from teenage acne. BM works WONDERS!!!! The only trick with oily skin is that I use Mineral Veil UNDER the foundation AND over it. By the end of the day I just have a little shine that some blotting papers take care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by MandaBella
    Has anyone tried the tinted mineral veil yet? I'm thinking of getting that one before I get too much darker this Summer.
    I've been using the tinted mineral veil for about a year. I love it. It adds just a slight touch of warmth compared to the regular mineral veil.

I have an oily T-zone and a little trick I learned is dust on some mineral veil first to let it soak up the excess oil, THEN put on the foundation. and top it off with another dusting of mineral veil. It works great like that.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Ok, what about Pur Minerals? I got their site today and it looked interesting - bring compact so you can take it with you. (They have a Pur vs. BM pop up and it was convincing! )
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• @ DENIAL ISLAND

Wish you were here!!! Come on in the water's fine @ Club DENIAL

Westside Pavilion
    Targeted to reopen in early July.

That *&%##$@$^* su*ks to not know that ahead of time. PC and I drive up there the other day to find it CLOSED!!! *&*%%#@@%^^ is all I have to say!
    aka Sara

One of my children
    isn't pictured,

ABE is still hibernating

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole
    I have oily skin, and very splochy, discolored skin from teenage acne. BM works WONDERS!!!! The only trick with oily skin is that I use Mineral Veil UNDER the foundation AND over it. By the end of the day I just have a little shine that some blotting papers take care of.
    so is this mineral veil powder ? or is it a liquid foundation? I so need help in all this now. I never used to, but now there seems to be this bare mineral thing and i have just got to try it! but I need to know exactly what to buy so I do not get it and do not know how to apply or get discouraged about buying the wrong thing.

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    so is this mineral veil powder ? or is it a liquid foundation? I so need help in all this now. I never used to, but now there seems to be this bare mineral thing and i have just got to try it! but I need to know exactly what to buy so I do not get it and do not know how to apply or get discouraged about buying the wrong thing.
    You may want to do what I did. I went to Ulta, or if you have a Sephora go there, and had them assist me in picking out colors. They then applied it and I wore it for a day. I'm glad I got help picking out colors because I would have gone with the medium beige, which is too red for me. I needed the fairly light...which really surprised me, but it looks good...so... I really liked it and went back and bought the starter kit. The kit includes brushes, dvd instructions, 2 shades of SPF foundation, mineral veil, and warmth. The foundation, mineral veil, and warmth are all powder. QVC has the best prices.

Since I have oily skin, I do what others have suggested. After applying Olay Complete for oily skin, I start with mineral veil, then do my foundation, then warmth, and then finish it with mineral veil. Once you get the hang of it, it's really simple to apply I think.

I've recently bought the liner shadow and am now getting the hang of that. It's amazing to have an eyeliner that stays put!!! I think my next step may be a tinted mineral veil and/or clear radiance.
    Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    Ok, what about Pur Minerals? I got their site today and it looked interesting - bring compact so you can take it with you. (They have a Pur vs. BM pop up and it was convincing! )
    I've been curious about the Pur Minerals myself... saw it advertised on Ulta's website. But the closest Ulta to me is almost 30 miles away (Sephora is about 15 miles closer). Next time I'm out that way though I'll probably stop by Ulta to check it out in person and compare.

Until then I'll stick with my Bare Minerals, which is seriously the best stuff I have EVER used.

Oh one more tip. It's been mentioned before, but Smashbox's Photo Finish foundation primer works great with Bare Minerals. It really helps the foundation grab hold and last longer. Just one little pump of the stuff can cover yoru whole face so the bottle (which is like $36) can last for a very, very long time. I bought mine in January and it's not even 1/4 gone yet!

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

I can't tell you ladies how great it is to have you all here to ask this stuff. I don't have a large social circle right now and I miss talking about girl stuff. I'd be scared to death to even think about Bare Minerals because of the cost and wouldn't have a clue where to start. Ya'll are such a blessing.
    A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
    In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Hi girls!
    I've been using Bare Minerals on and off for a few years. My secret? Go on ebay and buy a sample size of what you're looking into buying before you make the BIG plunge and buy a big size! You can usually get about a teaspoon trial size for like 4 bucks or something. Totally worth it if you're not sure if you like it and have only tried it on in the store. And make sure that the auction says from a SMOKE FREE home.. nothing like smokey Bare Minerals!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bejeweledcat
    I can't tell you ladies how great it is to have you all here to ask this stuff. I don't have a large social circle right now and I miss talking about girl stuff. I'd be scared to death to even think about Bare Minerals because of the cost and wouldn't have a clue where to start. Ya'll are such a blessing.
    Give that salon on Rosedale a try, I keep meaning to head over there but I haven't It's near the intersection of Rosedale and Allen

Karla, or anyone else who doesn't have a sephora/ulta/BE store around you. Sephora is GREAT about returns, I've never had a problem with returns there EVER, through the store or online. Start with the Starter kit, there are quite a few shades of foundation to chose from and the kit comes with the brushes you need, 2 foundations, mineral veil and warmth, PLUS an instructional DVD which is really helpful to get the tap, swirl, buff down.

Please let us know if you try it out!!!

Aimster, I TOTALLY agree with you on photofinish, I love the way they work together Oh and I got not one but TWO BE sets on QVC the other night I'm a happy girl

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Aimster, I TOTALLY agree with you on photofinish, I love the way they work together
    You know what's funny? I mentioned it to a Sephora employee and they said they've been hearing that from several people.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aimster
    You know what's funny? I mentioned it to a Sephora employee and they said they've been hearing that from several people.
    They're probably all from MiceChat

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast