Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: Victim of a Disney Breakup

First: Wallow for a bit.

Then: go out and keep living your life to the fullest!! A break-up shouldn't get you down, no matter how you felt. As it was said on here, its' better now than further on down the line. You have your whole life ahead of you, just live life and maybe you'll find mr. right when you aren't looking.

Sorry for the break-up and with time, you'll heal.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Gloomy Day, probably rain

LM, I so know what you're going thru as are so many others. You'll have to go thru all the stages of grieving before you move on.

Just remember, life isn't just about getting married and having children. It's just part of life that's the sugar on top. Right now is a time for you to focus on all those things you want in your life like a great career, travel, fun, Disney, etc.

Obviously the person you were with wasn't ready for the next big step and wasn't able to be honest with you since the truth was he'd already met someone.

Secondly, you are just 21!! You have so much to look forward to over the next 10 years. There is so much more to do and so many things you can do! I'm 37, going on 38, and after 10 years my ex & I broke up and I too thought my "life was over" but now I realize there was so much that I missed!! Don't let this part of your life pass you by. Live it to the fullest, make great friends and never ever stop loving Disney. It'll keep you young at heart forever!

PS - feel free to be my friend on Myspace! I have lots of single girlfriends, way older than you btw, and we go out all the time to all sorts of things. Particularly the Park!

http://www.myspace.com/misstyisjafo

• Just this guy......

Dear LiTtLeMeRmAiD,

I realize that you are in pain right now and breaking up with someone is never easy. However, I do what to let you know that as much as there is pain now there is hope down the road, even if it not currently visible.

My wife and I didnít find each other until we were much older and we have been married now for 14 years.

Also better to find out what a rat this guy is now than a year or two into the marriage. Anyone who breaks up by e-mail has got to be a class A coward. And just like many fairy tales you have kiss a lot of toads before you can find a prince.

• /sigh

I was afraid that it was another woman. Classic sudden and out of the blue disinterest. LM - don't even consider getting back with this *kid*. Because, if he's done it once....he's most likely going to do it again...especially being so young. Like a kid that wants a new toy. Immediate gratification. :sigh:

Don't ever base a relationship on one passion (ie disney, etc). Without that passion, what else do you have in common? Also children. Just like Morigoon said...once they're gone, what are you left with?

You are young and strong....don't ever think you wont find someone...don't ever give up. It's good to have you back!
    Marge: Barnacle Bill's Home Pregnancy Test? Homer, shouldn't we have gone with a better-known brand?
    Homer: But Marge, this one came with a corn-cob pipe!
    Marge: [reading from the test box] "Ahoy, Maties! If the water turns blue, a baby for you! If purple ye see, no baby thar be!"
    Homer: So, which is it? Blue or purple?
    Marge: Pink.
    Homer: D'oh!
    Marge: "If ye test should fail, to a doctor set sail!"

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Put a vooddo hex on the little turd.

• Pirate Princess

First of all I just want to say thank you soooo much for the huge outpouring of affection I'm getting here. I'm truly overwhelmed in the best way possible. Here and at MySpace I'm getting messages, and even some phone calls from ppl I haven't talked to in a long time. And even ppl I don't really know are showing sympathy and offering encouragement. Its amazing that there are so many kind ppl here and all over that take notice, and take time to write a little note or something. It may not seem like much, but its healing me more than I could have expected.

Thank you Disneyphile for another story to give me hope. I'm realizing that this probably is what's best for me and I wouldn't have wanted a future with someone who didn't love me the same as I loved. I'm learning to relinquish control of my life, and having faith that I'll ultimately end up happy even if its not by my own navigation.

This is still extremely difficult, but I already see myself making progress. Tuesday: cried all day. Wednesday: Cried about half of the time, moreso when I'm talking to him. Today: only crying when I talk to him directly (which has minimized as I get a grip and stop calling him every ten minutes). So I'm hopeful. If he wants someone else, I guess I don't want him. There's no use wanting something you totally cannot have.

IndianaJenn, bless you! My confidence in my personal qualities and, naturally, my appearance has practically disappeared. When the one you love doesn't love you back, you instantly think you're not worth anything. Your comments boosted my ego more than you know.

I would love to be your friend Misty. Your settings do not allow me to request you tho :/. Maybe you could add me? I would very much like to travel now that I think of it. I just always figured I'd get the man first and we'd do that stuff together. But you can always return to places you love right?

And thank you ni_teach. Your story also is an inspiration in this tough time. Obviously you're not a toad, and your wife is very lucky! I'm doing my best to be graceful through all of this. I'm trying to look on the bright side and keep my head high. I don't think the worst is over yet, but I see that a brighter future is possible thanks to all of my dear friends and of course, MiceChat.
    Last edited by LiTtLeMeRmAiD; 06-30-2006 at 10:25 AM.
    "And don't underestimate the importance of BODY LANGUAGE!"

• Oh bother!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Picard
    LiT Darlin' - breaking up via email is possibly the most cowardly and immature way to break up ever (did this boy get the idea from Sex in the City? when Carrie's BF breaks up with her on a POST IT?) Be a Man and say it to your face or over the phone. If he is too scared to say it....
    I am really sorry this happened to you. And I hope you can make some new happy Disney memories!

I agree with Princess Picard above. He emails you to break up and says "not nice" things about you out of the blue. What would he have been like down the road dealing with things like money and children if you had gotten REALLY serious? It would not be fun to be married to someone who is so immature, inconsiderate and cowardly.
    WDW '82 '90 '94 '99 '01 '04 '09x2 '10
    DLR '05 '06 '08 '13

• Pirate Princess

Well, things are really over. Really really over. I talked to the other girl last night. She's wonderful. I totally understand why he loves her. She was so apologetic to me, and she knows what I'm going thru. In some odd way, its nice to know she's worth this. I just really hope he doesn't mistreat her. That would be very unfair.

I'm still not sure exactly how to go about the process of attempting to move on. Before him, I had just come out of a two year relationship that ended at my will. So I haven't been alone in the last 3 years. I developed a habit of talking to SOMEone on the phone at night before I went to sleep, and now I have a hard time sleeping without someone "there". During my time with him, I neglected a lot of other things in my life, and now don't have as many available friends as I once did.

Thus, I suppose I need to be making new friends. I have none that are interested in Disney very much beyond listening silently while I tell them news. It would be great to meet some MiceChatters in my area that are around my age. PM me, or contact me in MySpace. I'd love to find some people to relate to and spend time with. Thanks again for all the support.

Don't beat yourself up about how wonderful the new girl is. She can't be that wonderful if she would start dating a guy who already has a girlfriend. Once again you're better off without him.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Quote Originally Posted by LiTtLeMeRmAiD
    Thus, I suppose I need to be making new friends. I have none that are interested in Disney very much beyond listening silently while I tell them news. It would be great to meet some MiceChatters in my area that are around my age. PM me, or contact me in MySpace. I'd love to find some people to relate to and spend time with. Thanks again for all the support.
    Girlfriend, we need to get you to a meet!!! My gosh, you will find a bunch of fun people to hang out with, who share your common interests. I can't even count how many close friendships have been formed from the meets in just the last year!

As for travel, there are about 40 MiceChatters signed up for a group trip to WDW this fall, and quite a few are even single folks.

Take the time to find passion within yourself - outside love will find you eventually. And in the meantime, live each day to its fullest!

• up to no good

That was the sweetest and romantic love union you both shared and the saddest break up I ever heard. For this careless man to not be man enough to tell you in person. Your grieving process will probably be short as you look back and realize it's not worth doing so. He is not worthy of your tears. And you'll find someone who will truly love and cherish you.
    Last edited by Kaye; 06-30-2006 at 10:00 AM.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Omce a cheater, always a cheater! GL to the new gf and good riddance to the old bf!
    you totally need to come to a meet
    There are quite a few cuties your age around here
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Pirate Princess

I live in NorCal, and sadly have no AP. I'll be in Anaheim the weekend of July 8, but I don't think I can come on Sunday. I might be able to on Friday though. So... who are these cuties I should know about?

Sent an E-mail? What a puss.

• horsin' around!

oh...and another thing...stop using the term 'victim of a disney break up'....you are not a victim...you're worth more than that label. It was just a really bad circumstance..event....and you are surviving it and learning from it...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast