Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Pirate Princess

Sad Victim of a Disney Breakup

Hi. I'm a longtime MiceChat reader, but haven't posted in ages. I have story that I need to share and thought the ladies lounge might be the place to start (fully understanding if this gets moved elsewhere). Few of you may know me, but I feel like I know a lot of you from reading hundreds upon thousands of your posts, and I'm hoping in my time of need, you might respond to this sad story.

Once upon a time, I posted in MiceChat when it very first began. One of my main objectives (before the anniversary boxed set) was to find some Disneyland audio. I posted here and at the VF forum. A boy on VF responded to me. We began chatting a lot online, then on the phone, and eventually we met in person on July 18, 2005. We definitely had feelings for each other and had a lot in common (like an obsession with all things Disney). We shared our first kiss outside the Mad Hatter that day.

I had just come off a relationship so we took it slow. I had never been to Disneyland at holiday time before and last holiday season we met up at the parks again. December 20th. We were very romantic with each other, and he asked me to be his steady girlfriend right before the fireworks started. We've been together since.

We had a lot of Disney plans. We wanted to get married at Disneyland, go on a Disney World honeymoon, and eventually visit all the international parks too. We had rocky times like everyone else. But yesterday, in an email I recieved at work at 8am, he tells me he doesn't love me. He said he doesn't want a relationship. He tells me things he doesn't like about me. All out of the blue. And now I'm stuck with no future plans, since they all revolved around us, and all things Disney are somewhat painful right now. Everything reminds me of him. Every corner of those parks has his name all over it for me. And I'm lost. I really don't know what to do.

Any suggestions?
    "And don't underestimate the importance of BODY LANGUAGE!"

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: Victim of a Disney Breakup

Cry.

No, seriously. Express the emotion and grieve for the loss. Get that out of the way so you can move on.

One thing I know for sure is that there is never "just one" person out there for you. I had my heart broken out of the blue once before, and yeah, it was years before I found someone again, but I DID.

"Everything in life... is only for now" - Avenue Q

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• I am a Pluto lover

Im very sorry youre hurting. I send you hugs. As the saying goes, time heals all wounds and, being a divorced woman, I know you dont feel like that now but its true.

Right now, you need to take the time to be sad, mourn your lost love and be mad at life. We have all been there and all can relate. Please know we are here for you to talk to and vent to. I wish you the best and will listen if you need to let it out.

More hugs to you
    Mellymouse

(do you think the Finding Nemo Subs line will be under 3 hours by then?)

• white and nerdy

Get your little mermaid butt out there and live your life for yourself. It hurts, but hurt is the fertilizer for personal growth.

Make new memories.

I've had more than one broken heart, including a broken engagement, and I know it hurts, but it's all about life for your self. If you don't know how to do that, then start by going for a walk alone. At least it worked for me.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Pirate Princess

Thank you guys. Yes Morrigoon, right now I'm feeling he was the only only one. But my rational side agrees with you and understands.

I will of course be crying. A lot. It really sucks that he did it at the start of my workday and I really couldn't leave. I didn't sleep at all last night, so tonight I'm going to try to catch up on that.

Thanks for the hugs MellyMouse (ps. my name on VMK is PirateMelly ). I knew the ppl at MiceChat had my back, even if I'm not as familiar a face or name as many others here. I just don't know what to do about how everything Disney reminds me of him. I can't just STOP going to Disneyland. *gasp!* What would my MiceChatters say???

• Banned User

I am so sorry hon this happened to you. I know that if you wrap your life around the man you love, if things go down hill all your world tumbles along with the relationship. Sending hugs your way hon, and Praying you will find Mr right and he will be your true love this will hurt, but think of it this way.... better now then down the road, during a marriage. what he did sucked, and if I were you I would write back, and tell him.... oh its ok, you were not perfect either and thank him for breaking it off, you were going to but did not want to hurt his feeling

TAke care hon,

• Pirate Princess

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    I am so sorry hon this happened to you. I know that if you wrap your life around the man you love, if things go down hill all your world tumbles along with the relationship. Sending hugs your way hon, and Praying you will find Mr right and he will be your true love this will hurt, but think of it this way.... better now then down the road, during a marriage. what he did sucked, and if I were you I would write back, and tell him.... oh its ok, you were not perfect either and thank him for breaking it off, you were going to but did not want to hurt his feeling
    You know, you're very right. He DID have problems too. I was just so happy being in a Disney relationship. We both really appreciated Disneyland especially, and its hard to find freaks.. uh.. I mean ppl who love the park that much. I'd like to remain friends with him just because he's like the only person I know who I can have that much fun at DL with. He said he felt the way we were going (with all the problems he said I had) we would have ended up divorcing. I think there's always a solution to problems if you both try and I'd rather do ANYthing than divorce. Ah well...

I guess I just need to take time for myself. But I really don't like being alone, and I want to feel someone loving me again .

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

I understand. I had been through it too. I met my ex-husband while working at the Disney Store together back in '92. Our whole relationship was based on Disney. We got engaged at a Disneyland restaurant, wore Mickey hats at our wedding, and honeymooned in WDW, and our whole place was decorated in Disney.

But, I came to realize that's ALL we had in common, once we parted ways. It was a relationship that never should have happened, because we had no common interests outside of that, it seemed.

After that initial cry, instead of despairing any further, I became determined to create new, happier memories at Disneyland, and I have. I consider that "first time around" to be just a "dress rehearsal" of the REAL things that were to come.

Last year, my honey proposed to me at the castle. Our upcoming wedding is turning out to be more than I could ever have wished for (and MUCH bigger guest list too), and we're honeymooning at WDW and on the Disney Cruise Line.

It's just the way things happened by chance - I wasn't looking to "replace" old sour memories with new ones. Those old ones were already "erased" from having any impact on my current decisions years ago, because I wasn't about to let those spoil the things I enjoy in life.

The right love will find you, and it will be in its truest form when it happens. So this "temporary prince" deserted you, but the magic never will.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

I am not one to give any one advice about love, but the advice given above is very good.

I would only say this. Even though you say that everything you see, and do, Disney related, reminds you of him, don't give up your passion for Disney. You need to take this time to do things Disney for yourself. You need to become comfortable with being alone. You need to find yourself, and enjoy being with yourself. You sound like a wonderful person. The only one that we can truly always count on in life anyway is ourselves. As much as others try to help, and comfort, we all need to be able to stand on our own and be strong alone.

While you are busy doing this, and having fun with Disney stuff, who knows you just might find Mr. Right.

My Mr. Right doesn't like Disney as much as I, but he let's me have all the Disney that I want.

Sorry for your present heartache, but you are definitely right. MiceChatters have your back. They are the best.

• Pirate Princess

Wow Disneyphile, your story is such an inspiration to me. That gives me so much hope of keeping my Disney love strong, and maybe another Disney lover will find and love me. Thank you for sharing that with me, when I feel so down :/.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    The right love will find you, and it will be in its truest form when it happens. So this "temporary prince" deserted you, but the magic never will.
    That is very comforting to me right now, thanks .

• Banned User

say,
    you need to go to the singles meets! heck any Sunday meet! you never know if your one true love will be there, and if not you get to meet the most awsome people. And they enjoy disneyland as much as you OR MORE !

Red Face Re: Victim of a Disney Breakup

So sorry to hear about your breakup.... it hurts, I know...... I was divorced for 8 years then I found the love of my life..... we have been married for 8 years now... WOW !!! And lucky me.... HE LOVES DISNEY TOO !!! I promise you it will get better with time.... And when you least expect it, you will find the man of your dreams ! Hang in there........

• I'm your huckleberry.

Wow LM... I know you don't want to hear it now, but you're better off without this guy. Any "man" who would break up with a long-term girlfriend over an e-mail is a loser. You want me to beat him up for you??????

All the advice above is great, and I'll throw in my $0.02

Its important to take the time to mourn your loss, but its just as important to get out there and create your own life. Once upon a time I let my sadness and lonliness keep me from living life to its fullest. I've changed that now, but it was hard, hard work.

Keep a hold of your Disney love. Create new memories at the Park. Go there with friends, go alone, either one, just go. Disneyland to many of us is a place of solice, a place of comfort, a place where we know we'll feel better when we're down. Plus its (usually) less fattening than chocolate.

There's an important lesson to be learned in heartbreak.... never let your whole world revolve around one person, unless that person is YOU. Be independent, make your own plans, be your own person.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Well, Hyper said what I was going to... breaking up with you over e-mail? What a coward!!

Just take some time and don't forget to keep breathing.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• They wanna know, HO!

I've always looke for girls in places where I normally don't hang, as it prevents me from falling in love with an idea, not a girl.

You're not the only one, nor will you be the last.

Take care.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast