Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm so tired

• insufferable know-it-all

I'm so tired

Had to vent somewhere.

My stomach problem cropped up again yesterday, and I'm still suffering some of the aftereffects of it today. Whenever this happens and my stomach gets all active, it just totally drains my energy. Makes sense when I'm *really* sick, but what is ticking me off is that even less painful stomach action (such as I'm having now) drains me. I had lunch a little while ago, and now my stomach is churning and bubbling and all that loveliness, and it has just totally robbed me of all my energy. I hate it! All I did was have a sandwich for crying out loud.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Mexihick, y'all

Re: I'm so tired

I take it you're sick?

• Banned User

I get the same thing, its very draining and makes me tired and so out of it. this happens every so often and its hard to deal with. I feel for you hon, I think mom called it iritable bowl syndrome.

Yeah, the going theory is that it's IBS. And it sucks.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Yeah, the going theory is that it's IBS. And it sucks.
    I have had it for years, ( still not brave enough to talk to my doctor about it) but I have all the symtoms. I get so weak some days, and the belly aches oye they are killers. I am so sorry you are going thru this, I would tell my doctor, but I am to afraid of the tests they would put me thru ummmmm no I do not want you to go there but thank you any ways doctor

My doctor said it was probably IBS, ordered a blood test, and spent the next half hour telling me that my "biggest medical problem" was my weight.

Um... okay first off, doesn't take a medical degree to know how to operate a mirror. Secondly, while it may be my "biggest" problem, it's not the "most pressing" problem. The most pressing problem is the one that has me running home from work in the middle of the day in tears because it feels like a rat's gotten a hold of my lower intestine... the most pressing problem is the one that has me missing work so I can vomit, etc. in my own bathroom.

Needless to say, I never visited that doctor again and never went for the blood test. I could have frickin' ovarian cancer for all I know, but I wouldn't know it, because I didn't go back to the doctor after he belittled the problem I went there for so he'd have more time to be condescending to me about my weight.

Perhaps the real reason fat people die sooner is that they can't get proper medical care. Nobody wants to treat or look at any other medical problems unless you lose the weight first.

•   
    • So fetch

I don't have any medical advice for you Morrigoon. I just have a

I'm sorry that doctor was so insensitive. I've had a doctor make me feel like I was a child abuser because I didn't breastfeed LL for a gazillion years.

• Lost Princess and Bat 861

Try some enteric coated peppermint oil before you eat. I got them at the health food store for DM when her IBS started up and when she remembers to take them, they seem to help.

http://www.prevention.com/article/0,...0-1---,00.html
    A bit of evil lurks in your heart, but you hide it well.
    In some ways, you are the most dangerous kind of evil.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I'm sorry. You said you feel more tired today than normal even though you have less pain than normal- remember that the heat in combination with your stomach pains is probably making things seem even worse. I hope you feel better soon. You aren't an idiot so I know I don't need to tell you to drink lots of fluids and try to relax and stay cool, right?
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Newbie.

I hope you are feeling better. I sometimes get acid reflux in the middle of the night (if IBS is anything like that, I feel for you) I like going to webmd.com, it usually has good advice, as well as describing symptoms. It's not as good as going to a doctor, but it's better than doing nothing at all. Good luck, and get better soon.
    Guy
    As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Just a sent your way. I'm sorry you weren't treated better by your physician. Do you know someone who has a doctor that they like? Might make you more comfortable and successful in seeking out care.

Oh, if I do go to a doc again, now that I'm on PPO (damn HMO doctors...) I'll probably go straight to a GI or Internist.

I feel for you. I have all kinds of stomach issues myself and its no fun. Also you definately need to find a better doc. How did he think what he was saying was going to help you? Feel better soon.
    Visit the Hamand Family Blog to see what we've been up to. http://matthamand.blogspot.com

• And, THEN she said...

aww i wish i would have seen this sooner..sending big hugs your way..

maybe try some peppermint candies..we give them to the dogs when they have the "urpies" they seem to settle their tummies..

• madaboutdisney

I feel for you too =( I went to the doctor once too. they made me take this acid mmedicine just in case i had an ulcer. and my bloodtests came out fine. Yeah so i guess i'm healthy?! but every once in a while i think about my stomach too much and then i make myself sick because i keep on thinking of it too much. but i wish u the best of luck for whatever's going on. stomach problems are a pain!! feel better soon
    I Gravitate towards anything that Sparkles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast