Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Smile Has anyone tried Proactive?

I've always wanted to try this stuff and not that it finally down to 20 buck for a month's supply, I just might.

I tend to brake out on my forhead and chin. Just a few bumps, nothing major... I'd like to have nice smooth skin though.

Anyone have any pros or cons about this product?

Thanks girls.

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Re: Has anyone tried Proactive?

I used it on my posterior and noticed in less than a week that I got twice as many compliments.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• there's always my way...

I rubed it on my girls chest the other night and now he's all mad!
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• no flash photography...

my daughter tried it once...it didn't work, but I don't thik she was suing it as suggested.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

I just started it 2 days ago... and for the first two weeks you will have a major break out! so just a wod of warning...

• Disappearing/Reappearing

didn't someone talk about this recently? Anyway, I've used it...hated it!! It left scars. It's the only thing I have ever used that left scars. And I have used basically everything. But, everyone is different...it might work for you.

Here's what Acne.Org says about Proactive:

Proactiv is on the right track, but some major flaws seem to prevent it from delivering on its promises to many people. In my opinion, the cleanser they include is overly irritating. Furthermore, they tell you to wash for one to two minutes which adds to the irritation. The benzoyl peroxide they provide is 2.5% which is a good call. However, they recommend a "thin layer". For dramatic clearing, one needs to use a generous amount of benzoyl peroxide after a few weeks of slowly ramping up the dosage. When you do use a generous amount of Proactiv's benzoyl peroxide lotion, its scent will tend to nauseate.

It will prove cheaper and more beneficial to buy an over-the-counter gentle cleanser, an unscented 2.5% benzoyl peroxide medication, and an oil-free moisturizer. However, if you currently own Proactiv Solution products, don't throw out the benzoyl peroxide lotion. If you can handle the smell, it should work fine. Just be generous with it. I would not recommend using their cleanser. The toner they include is probably fine to use, but is unnecessary.
    http://www.acne.org/faq.html#proactiv

and here's the Clear Skin Regimen from that same website

http://www.acne.org/regimen.html

Good luck!

• GO DBACKS!!

I have used Proactiv for 8 years now and I love it. After seeing 4 different Dermatologists, one who told me I should never wash my face using water , Proactiv is the only thing that cleared my face up. People are always commenting on how clear my skin is.

It wasn't me, it was Lisa!

• The Twilight Zone

i used it and it clears up a little but you ahve to follow what it says and cant miss one for you if you have little id just wash your face morning night with soap and flannel

• Feel the breeze!

I used it for a while. It did clear up my skin. However, it also left my skin very dry.

• Winter in Oceanside...

I used it and it did work great for me. I no longer have breakouts (maybe I'm finally old enough ) most of the time. If I do, I dab on a bit of the mask overnight and it dries it up.

• Queen of Randomness

I used it many months but it didn't work for me.

Welcome to my blog!
    A Photographed Life
    12/28: Copperopolis, California

• Island Paradise

There is a less expensive knock-off sold in the drugstores, ie Walmart...Long's, etc. It works pretty well. Can't remember the name off the top of my head. Comes in a package like ProActiv. I wasn't consistant enough to really tell. I need more of a spot here and there medication. For that I use Benefit's Boo-Boo.

:-)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

I use proactive. I only have had it for about 4 months or so. I don't use it every day, and it says you are supposed to use it twice a day. I use it a few times a week. Because I am lazy. Anyway, I have noticed an improvement in my skin for sure. I get told all the time I have that "pregnant glow" but I honestly think it's because I started using that stuff around the time I got pregnant because I NEVER got told that in my first pregnany! I say fork out the $20 and give it a try.

I have been warned by some to make sure you moisturize because it can dry skin. And also to be careful about getting any of it on any cloth. It can bleach clothes or towels. (makes me womder what it is doing to my face, but whatever!)
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Disappearing/Reappearing

see..like I said, everyone is different, everyone has different skin..what works for me may not work for you. And vise versa...give it a try..couldn't hurt...it might even help!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast