Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Senior Minion

Re: Caffeine withdrawl headaches

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    I was forced by my stomach to cut way back on Coke. But like you, I like caffiene.

What I did was I'd push my caffiene later and later in the day. I've cut back so far on soda that now I don't allow myself soda till lunch, so that's when I get my caffiene. (I rarely have coffee, treat myself to Starbucks maybe once or twice a month) It forces the body to learn how to get itself going in the morning on its own, but also means you don't go all day suffering from caffiene withdrawls.

Why don't you try that? Skip the caffiene in the morning, but if you still have the headache at lunch, allow yourself one Coke at that time. Just cut the a.m. caffiene and see if that helps get you unhooked.
    Lunch and occasionally dinner (depending on location and my mood) is the only time I have caffine, I don't drink anything other than milk and water before noon. I used to just get water at school, but now they charge the cost of a soda for a cup of water, with no water fountains in that building and no where to put my own bottle.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• e komo mai

Try getting off of caffeine slowly. Cut down on your intake gradually. That worked for me. Granted, I'm back on caffeine but it worked when I was was off of it for several months...

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

i've never even had coffee. When someone is close to me like a friend who's drinking coffee, i have to move away from them, cause i'll get a headache, and start to feel nausous

Try MAXALT. It's a prescription from your Dr., but after years of fighting this type of headache, it works magnificently!

• Senior Minion

Thanks to all for the advice, I have been cutting down on my caffine alot, as suggested and really upped my water intake and that has helped my headaches to the point where I can stand to be doing something. Let's hope it holds.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12