Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Bridesmaids Dresses

I need help! My cousin is getting married in 5 weeks. Her maid of honor ditched out on her so she has asked me to step in. So most of the stores we have gone to have laughed at us for being so last minute. I need to know if any MCers out there know of stores that can order in less then a month, or any stores in Northern/Central cali that have alot of on the rack dresses. I also need a place that has bigger sizes. Any info you can throw my way would be great. Thanks all.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Re: Bridesmaids Dresses

I know that the Pinole David's Bridal had alot of off the rack dresses. Are you looking for a certian style? Maybe try a goodwill store.. it's after "prime" wedding season (or at least close to an end) . Also, is anyone in your family or friend group a decent seamstress? It is possible to sew a dress in a month. :0)

What a ****ty person to back out of a wedding so soon. I had my MOH back out exactly on month before the wedding... that suckkkked. Hope it works out - have faith!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Yep and what's even worse is the backer outter is her sister. We are going to Davids in Roseville on Wednesday so cross your fingers!!
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Her sister???!!? Dang.. I would kicked my sister's butt. My fingers are totally crossed for you!

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

• insufferable know-it-all

What kinds of dresses is she looking for? Then we can send you in the right direction.

Depending on budget, it may be possible to engage the services of a seamstress to make the dresses from scratch in that time, but it may be cutting it a bit too close, assuming the seamstress gets other business. Places like David's Bridal might be your best bet because they carry standard colors/styles, so depending on your needs you can alternate styles within a color scheme, or colors within a style theme. Looking for larger outfits usually means that flexibility on style will be key, but because of standard colors, you can probably keep all the dresses in the same color range, even if different styles are necessary for different body types.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• done

Presuming you're not looking for a particular style, I'd try a large chain department store. When I was a bridesmaid a number of years back, we got our dresses from their formal department. The only problem you might run into is if you need alterations.

The other choice might be to look at renting. My bridesmaids' dresses were rentals, and we did book their dresses way ahead of time, but a rental store might still have lots of dresses available.

• Waiting Since 1992

I wish I could recommend. The seamstress that Alfred Angelo uses in the southern CA area is amazing. I would recommend her, she is quick, especially if the dress isn't too elaborate, but a simple style. You can call Alfred Angelo locations and they will give you her name and number. All you can do is ask. Also, Lane Bryant has bridesmaid dresses to purchse. Here is the link:

http://lanebryant.charmingshoppes.co...al_dresses.asp

You are going to pay for speed and quality. Best of luck.

• I'm your huckleberry.

If you're not locked into a particular style, try www.igigi.com They've got tons of gorgeous dresses for plus sizes. I bought one to wear to two recent weddings and got rave reviews!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Igigi has some pretty stuff, but none in the right colors. We are looking for a celedon green or a darkish purple. Basically the style i need, it needs to have straps, thick ones preffered, and a skirt that goes out at my hips.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Oh my Goodness!

I've got all my prom dresses here and my friend found all her bridesmaide dresses. Prices are good. You need to have the time to go and look through things. Everything is split up by color and size. Hope this helps! Good luck!

JESSICA MCCLINTOCK OUTLET,CA

5458 MORENO ST
    MONTCLAIR, CA 91763
    909-985-2770

Hours
    Monday - Friday 10 am - 7 pm
    Saturday and Sunday 10 am - 6 pm

Store Description
    Jessica McClintock outlets carry past season merchandise, overstocks, and imperfect items. These include bridal gowns, bridesmaid's dresses, special occasion, prom & children's dresses at substantial savings. Looking for a truly unique dress for your special occasion? Be sure to shop our sample racks to find one of a kind designer samples. You may also find the perfect accessories to complete your look! New merchandise arrives weekly. You must visit to enjoy the fantastic savings, as we do not accept phone orders and all sales are final.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

have you thought about just going to a formal dress shop and buying a dress in the same shade as the other dresses? That way, the maid of honor stands out, but, still sorta blends in...it's a great last minute thing. You can have a variety of sizes, and colors to choose from.

• Waiting Since 1992

you might be able to buy the Lane Bryant dresses, or any white dress for that matter, and have it dyed to the color you want.

[quote=cpdisneyprincess]I've got all my prom dresses here and my friend found all her bridesmaide dresses. Prices are good. You need to have the time to go and look through things. Everything is split up by color and size. Hope this helps! Good luck!

JESSICA MCCLINTOCK OUTLET,CA
    5458 MORENO ST
    MONTCLAIR, CA 91763
    909-985-2770

Hours
    Monday - Friday 10 am - 7 pm
    Saturday and Sunday 10 am - 6 pm

[quote]

The Jessica McClintock Outlet is great, but you have to get lucky! I have bought things there for myself just b/c the'yre cute. I found dresses I wanted as my bridesmaid dresses but one size was missing (the largest size) so I bought my bridesmaid dresses from Victoria's Secret Catalog. No one had to get theirs altered and they came out to about $90 each so I just paid for them as a gift and they got white Payless shoes for $15. Overstock.com has beautiful pearl sets for bridesmaid gifts too.

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

You might want to check out this site. They have tons of dresses and maybe you can find something here.

http://www.zaftique.com/?page=shop/index

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Thanks ladies for all the help. We ended up finding one at Davids. Here is the link if you want to check it out. http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridesma...=10066&cfid=23 But it's in peridot green.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast