Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Blog Entries

Question Advise for the clueless please?

Hey ladies, I need some help!

I've been emailing with a guy for about a month now and all of a sudden, he sent me his phone number! I was like "well that a good sign but now what" Iím 19, but Iím highly inexperienced with this sort of connection and I don't know what to do.

What I sent back was whatís the best time to call, so I have some time before he e-mail back

What should I do, what do you think?

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Re: Advise for the clueless please?

Ummm...Logically your next step would be to call him.

Use your caller ID blocker so if he does turn out to be majorlly psycho he can't stalk you.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• Minion

Blog Entries

i forgot, also he mentioned a dinner date...only thing is, he wants me to cook, i don't honestly mind, but i'd thik that would definatly come later so as no one knows where the other lives...whats an alternative so i don't look like i'm avoiding the idea and more just, postponing

• Senior Minion

If you want to call him, call him, it's up to you. If you don't feel comfortable, then just tell him. But, as started before, make sure you have caller id blocker, just in case. You'll never know with people you meet over the internet.

About him wanting you to cook dinner for the two of you.....that doesn't sound right. You hardly know each other, and before that can happen, you'd need to feel comfortable with him knowing where you live and talking to him face-to-face, if that is what you want.

Figure out if this is really want you want, first, you are only 19. It's up to you, and if you feel you can trust this person.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Do you have a 27B/6?

Quote Originally Posted by krystledm View Post
    i forgot, also he mentioned a dinner date...only thing is, he wants me to cook, i don't honestly mind, but i'd thik that would definatly come later so as no one knows where the other lives...whats an alternative so i don't look like i'm avoiding the idea and more just, postponing
    Ew. If a guy brings up a first date, and he wants YOU to cook? He is either: a) creepy or b)crazy. That's like asking you to dinner and expecting you to pay.

I'd suggest inviting him to a nice restaurant, instead (Dutch, if he's having a $ issue). I'm assuming by this, that you guys haven't met in person yet. So, I think the best approach would be a public dinner.
    They are the Disney Princesses and their goal is world domination. -Mary McNamara | LA Times / AP

Fall 2004: Fantasyland Attractions

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bibliophile View Post
    Ew. If a guy brings up a first date, and he wants YOU to cook? He is either: a) creepy or b)crazy. That's like asking you to dinner and expecting you to pay.

I'd suggest inviting him to a nice restaurant, instead (Dutch, if he's having a $ issue). I'm assuming by this, that you guys haven't met in person yet. So, I think the best approach would be a public dinner.

I agree very much. Any meeting should definitely take place in a safe, PUBLIC place.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

• is on the rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Bibliophile View Post

Hell, if this is a first meeting, don't even do dinner - do a Starbucks mtg. But whatever you do, make sure it's a public place in a good area - and let people know where you will be.

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

Give him a call and see how that goes before committing to meeting him in person. Then make that first meeting, and a few after that, in very public places. And then if he still wants you to cook later and you want to do it, tell him he buys the food and you'll cook it.

Seriously, though, talk to him on the phone. You can really tell a lot over the phone about how you'll feel about the person when you finally meet face to face. If you get a weird vibe then, you can end it easier.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    ó Mark Twain

• love my friends

I would call him .. but I wouldnt have a dinner for 2 with you cooking.. say if you want dinner.. lets go and and eat.. (that way there are people around) but I would start to talk to him ove rhte phone first.. so you get a sort of feeling about what hes like..

Friends for life

• Ok time for cocoa

Quote Originally Posted by Spidergrrrl View Post
    Hell, if this is a first meeting, don't even do dinner - do a Starbucks mtg. But whatever you do, make sure it's a public place in a good area - and let people know where you will be.

Maybe take another couple. and how old is hee.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O View Post
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

• Banned User

ok, so he is assuming a lot already. Me do not bother ,,,run the other way. if he sends you his number out of the clear blue expecting you to call, or for you to cook when you have only emailed back and forth a month, run don't walk! you and others assume those on the other side of the net are ok folks, we have heard stories of bad things happening. if he is a good guy and you want to continue then email for more time, call if you like but use a cell phone. and by all mean cook for no one you never met, thats nuts!!! you do not invite someone into your home you do not know, and no matter how much he says he is nice, normal or other wise do you know this to be a fact??
    never bring anyone into your home, this is your safe domain!! I will say this again, your home is the safe place. if you have a need to meet him, then go somewhere you can meet in public, and that is during the day, not at night. be careful and do not let your guard down. I know folks are lonely, thats why we do disney meets. so you can meet the right guy thru meeting others and being together. now if he is a lover of disney and wants to meet with say all the micecaht meeters well hey, you got a crowd to be safe in
    other wise do not take chances. good luck

• decorating

a double date could work, but please please please meet in a public place. Like, the first few times (if you keep liking him.
    Until you get to know him, make sure a friend knows where you are and who your with, even plan a phone call in the middle of your date.
    Him asking for dinner at your place is extremely creepy.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

He is either: a) creepy or b)crazy.
    Or maybe both?

I've met some cool people through the internet but I've met some real crackers too.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Thumbs up Re: Advise for the clueless please?

Block your number when you call......if you go on a date, make sure it's well lit, public place or a double date. You can never be to careful these days.

• Just Me

OMG! I just hate this whole idea. I had a cyber stalker that took things offline...like calling my husband to report I was having an affair, because I refused to have an affair. He is the reason I don't go into chat rooms.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast