Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• For old time sake

Need some fashion advice

I am building up my work attire, as I need to dress up just a tad more at work these days. I recently bought 2 pairs of gaucho's one black one brown, but I have no idea what type of shirt/top to wear with it. Any advice?
    Katie
    Founding member of the BA I LOVE us!!!
    FIGHT ON!!!!!!

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: Need some fashion advice

I would think layered, like a sweater set kind of thing

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Incognito

Blog Entries

How about some nice button down tops? Can you wear sleeveless? There's lots of sleeveless tops out there as well that are fasionable these days.

I agree with Goonie on sweater type tops for cooler weather.

How many times can I say the word tops in one post?

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Need some fashion advice

I would agree with the sweater set - yeah, listen to a guy! HAHAH But from what I can see and from what my wife has said, Gaucho pants, while cute and all, are a fad - fads die quickly. They might not be 'IN' next season....

Just an FYI. But then, who am I? I'm growing these big ol' sideburns and those are a 'fad' too - might be an 'old fad' at that. I guess I'm out of style. HAHA.

• Waiting Since 1992

Sweater sets all the way, then you can pair them with slacks, jeans, etc later on.

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Red Face Re: Need some fashion advice

Quote Originally Posted by SaraNoH View Post
    Sweater sets all the way, then you can pair them with slacks, jeans, etc later on.

Good advice. My wife does that - well she DID that when she could fit in to the sweater sets. She'd wear them with skirts, slacks and jeans......very versatile, and very classic and will always ALWAYS look good.

Who am I? Mr. Blackwell! Sheesh...

• Senior Minion

I'd go with form-fitting button-down shirts, sleevless looks great these days, and so do ones with sleeves if they are cut the right way.
    As repeated above, Gatros are a fad at the moment, and may not last very long.
    Sweater sets while can be aorn alot, just aren't that appealing to alot of people, gives almost the borning, work-aholic appearence, or the uptight upperclass statement, just my opinion.
    You're talking to a girl who loves fashion, and is up with what is in, even if she won't follow it because she can't afford to.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• Circle of Ancients

I haven't bought any gaucho pants so I have no idea what goes well with them. But I always get lots of good ideas for clothes from In Style Magazine.

Sounds like you got some good suggestions already too!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    I'd go with form-fitting button-down shirts, sleevless looks great these days, and so do ones with sleeves if they are cut the right way.
    As repeated above, Gatros are a fad at the moment, and may not last very long.
    Sweater sets while can be aorn alot, just aren't that appealing to alot of people, gives almost the borning, work-aholic appearence, or the uptight upperclass statement, just my opinion.
    You're talking to a girl who loves fashion, and is up with what is in, even if she won't follow it because she can't afford to.
    I agree here, small button down blouses,
    sweaters are to hot and boring.

• decorating

Mmm... leopard print! (randomness in the morning, not hyped up on coffee yet)

http://www.glamour.com/fashionbeauty/ has a slideshow. None of them are gauchos (won't wear them, I have chicken legs) but if you decide to do any more work shopping, there is some really cute cheap stuff there.Cheap is good.

Gaucho ideas-
    vest and shirt underneath http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/outfit...0&oid=OUT04382

Or a fitted button down shirt (I love NY & Co ones), or sweater set (one of my favorite things, so flexible in classrooms.) Great ideas already mentioned from other people.
    And cute shoes

• horsin' around!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    Good advice. My wife does that - well she DID that when she could fit in to the sweater sets. She'd wear them with skirts, slacks and jeans......very versatile, and very classic and will always ALWAYS look good.

Who am I? Mr. Blackwell! Sheesh...

boy...you better runnnnnn!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Talking Re: Need some fashion advice

Quote Originally Posted by pixywingz View Post
    boy...you better runnnnnn!

She's 8 1/2 months pregnant - she already knows. HAHAHAH

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I'd invest in some nice quality separates pieces that you can mix & match with other items in the rest of your wardrobe. Sweater seats are nice but don't overdo it. A nice lightweight jacket with a "tailored" look in a neutral color that goes with everything would look great with a nice cami underneath.

Okay I just proved I watch Style Network and What Not to Wear WAY too often!

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

Red Face Re: Need some fashion advice

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I'd invest in some nice quality separates pieces that you can mix & match with other items in the rest of your wardrobe. Sweater seats are nice but don't overdo it. A nice lightweight jacket with a "tailored" look in a neutral color that goes with everything would look great with a nice cami underneath.

Okay I just proved I watch Style Network and What Not to Wear WAY too often!
    I love that show.

Yeah - seperates - totally the way to go.

• horsin' around!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
    She's 8 1/2 months pregnant - she already knows. HAHAHAH

ahhh okay! you're forgiven!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast