Page 27 of 134 FirstFirst ... 21724252627282930375277127 ... LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Collapse the waveform

Re: Belles,Beasts and Beau's what a spooktacular season coming our way !!

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    How come they cant have vehicles on campus? That is pretty odd.
    Probably space. Its a big school and parking is scarce.
    Follow me on Twitter: @matthamand

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Aha, well that would make sense.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Went on myspace for about 5 sec last night to see that i had a friend request from my first micechat friend! Penguinsoda! YAY!
    Always glad to add cool friends!!!!!

Geez. Paperclip holder was taped up this morning and staples out of stapler again. When will this end?
    Geeze... a joke is a joke. But after awhile its not funny anymore and its just plain annoying!!!! Maybe you could nicely tell them it was funny the first time, but its time to drop it and move on.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Since its my boss, Im hesitant to say anything. Its only been 2 days. I bet next week it will be done.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Hamand View Post
    Probably space. Its a big school and parking is scarce.

Yep! They have a huge freshman class coming in this year. They have turned a whole bunch of dorm rooms that used to be for two people into rooms for three people.

Also, Davis is a really flat town so everyone bike rides every where . It doesn't take that long to get from one end of the campus to the other .
    There's also a really good bus system.

My girls are not upset at all and it will save us money not having to pay for car insurance for both of them this year. If they ever want to come home for the weekend , they can take the train for $25 and ken can pick them up at the station in San Jose on his way home form his job in Palo Alto.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Tassie, I found a quote for ya !

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz

• Senior Minion

Our campus is pretty big, but there isn't much parking, go there and you'll see. I have to leave extra early to drive around looking for a place to park, and I can't parallel park to save my life.
    I'm not sure if they allow Freshmen to have cars here or not, I didn't even have a driver's license when I started college.

Frecky, I sent you a friend request on myspace
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Yay more friends! And Im like you, I cannot parallel park all that well either. Unless there is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE space between cars.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    I can't parallel park to save my life.
    *raising hand*

Yeah, count me in on that too!!! I've managed to actually parallel park once in my life. My daughter can, but she is no help because she can parallel park, but she can't drive a stick, and my car is a stick.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Senior Minion

My mom says that the one drawback from not learning to drive while still living in California. Here, they teach you manouverability, which is a nightmare when you have a car with no power steering and is impossible to turn.

Schools are the worst place to drive around, I have learned that, so I learned a shortcut to avoid the foot and car traffic on one street on campus, and it makes life nicer

Off to dance class, be back after 7!!!!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Luckily my parents live on a small cul-de-sac so I either park in their driveway or right in front of their house on the street. No parallel parking!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
    You can catch the train in San Jose and take it directly to San Francisco. It drops you off right by the Giants Stadium. From there you can take the underground bus or walk to Pier 39 and that area. From that area you can take the cable car to various places. And from various places you can take BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit). Driving a car and parking in SF can be very tricky if you've never been there. When you come to my house , my hubby and I can show you where everything is on a map. Or maybe ZI'll play your tour guide for the day if you want. I love going to SF!!! What kinds of things do you want to do there? The Exploratorium is one of our favorite places. You can spend all day in there and then take a break and eat lunch outside on the beautiful grounds by the Palace of Fine Arts. There is a great view of the Golden Gate Bridge from there too!

You are just amazing!!!! We would LOVE that!!! I have never been to SF before, so I'm open to anything LOL LOL. I'm thinking that we will hire a car one way from LA to SF and drop it at the airport, and then get a cab or whatever to the hotel.
    We are staying at the BW carriage inn on 7th st. It's supposed to have alot of homeless there, but really good reviews, and all bay windows. It includes breakfast that is served in YOUR ROOM!!! FREE!!

http://www.carriageinnsf.com/

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post

Charles M. Schulz
    I LOVE IT!!! Thanks!!

Charles M. Schulz

• Minion

OK, I'm off now, I'm going in to get my hair coloured! I got Kamika to take a pic of how it is now, so I'll get her to take some this afternoon and post 'em!!

Just a quick cute story...
    Cooper came into my bed crying this morning. I asked what was wrong and he said (through tears) "We are leaving daddy at home!!" I had to explain to him that we weren't leaving today LOL LOL He thought we were flying out today LOL LOL He took a cake to school yesterday as a farewell because today is the last day at school. they start holidays tomorrow. Today the have a fundraiser that is skipping (you know, with a skipping rope) so he wouldn't have time for cake today. Michael had left for work before Cooper woke up!! LOL LOL

Charles M. Schulz

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by tassie View Post
    You are just amazing!!!! We would LOVE that!!! I have never been to SF before, so I'm open to anything LOL LOL. I'm thinking that we will hire a car one way from LA to SF and drop it at the airport, and then get a cab or whatever to the hotel.
    Quote Originally Posted by tassie View Post

That sounds like a great idea. Right after I typed my post, I remembered that if you're going to SF you HAVE to have a car so you can drive down Lombard St. ....the crookedest street in the world!!!

We are staying at the BW carriage inn on 7th st. It's supposed to have alot of homeless there, but really good reviews, and all bay windows. It includes breakfast that is served in YOUR ROOM!!! FREE!!

Oh my gosh! I am laughing so hard right now. How in the world did you end up on 7th St? The good news is it's very accessible from the freeway. The bad news is it's known as the Tenderloin district. I wonder what part of 7th street you're on....I think it's get better the farther you get away from the freeway and into the heart of the city. Don't worry! I just think it's funny that of all the places to stay in SF , that's where you ended up. One of my good friends from high school once lived there for a month and did an outreach to a lot of the homeless men.

http://www.carriageinnsf.com/

Looks pretty good!