Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Found my prince!

Red Face Weight Watchers?

I just started weight watchers since my doctor said I needed to lose 15 to 20 pounds. I did this because my boss has done it for about 6 months and she lost 25 pounds. Has anyone done this program. I would like to her your stories if you have. Thanks.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Weight Watcers?

I did it and lost over 50 pounds. Of course I have gained most of it back But yeah, it is a great program, I think. It teaches you a good way to balance what you eat. Best of luck!!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

It's wonderful. I went on it twice, the first time I lost about 10 pounds, then got pregnant. Then last January I started it, on my own, and lost 27 pounds. Then got pregnant.

Anyway, I am going right back on when baby is born! I think it's a wonderful program. You learn HOW to eat, not really what to eat or what not to eat. And that can last your whole life.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Senior Minion

Before my wife's pregnancy, she lost 90 pounds. It was a great accomplishment for her. So as long as you exercise, walk, etc. Like any other diet system it will work if you stick to the program. It does work. Good luck to you.
    Last edited by Alchimedes; 09-27-2006 at 08:24 PM.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink View Post
    It's wonderful. I went on it twice, the first time I lost about 10 pounds, then got pregnant. Then last January I started it, on my own, and lost 27 pounds. Then got pregnant.
    Does anyone else see a pattern here??

My mom did WW years and years ago and did well with it. I have a friend who is in the program now and is doing pretty well. Now days you can eat a good variety of foods so you don't really feel like you are on a diet.

Good luck!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Disappearing/Reappearing

my husband did weight watchers last year and did really well on it...I can't remember how much he lost, but, he enjoyed doing it...he could eat whatever he wanted...his problem has always been the amount he eats..not WHAT he eats. So, this taught him portions.

• no flash photography...

yes, I lost 30 pounds and gained back 35 pounds. It's not a diet. You have to eat that way forever. iw as not happy eating that way...obviously. I'm still working on finding something that will work for me. I think I need to start not on food, but on exercise.

my friend went on it and lost about 50 pounds and has gained it back....

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Re: Weight Watchers?

Oh and my parents who were on it w/me rached lifetime I think they have gained some back but not a lot - Whenever I see them, the first thing I think is how thin they look!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• <3

Lost Bar - It's where we come together in true DMCA style.
    Blog Entries

I did it and lost 50 lbs. I went off of it and gained over 10 lbs back, but that was because I went WAY off the eating and exercise that I was doing. With any diet plan, you have to stick with it, or it isn't going to work. And once you go back to your old habits, you'll definitely gain it back. There isn't one out there that this won't happen with.

Anyway, WW is a great plan because it allows you to eat what you want, just in the right portions. If there is something you just must have, you can have it, as long as you account for it. And it gives you a weekly allowance of "cheat" points that help with that, too. It works very well, good luck to you!

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

• Hello there

Blog Entries

I did weight watchers and lost 30 lbs. I gained about 20 lbs back- but, that is because I went back to overeating- which will cause weight gain anytime. WW works- I have been on various diet plans and WW is the best I have tried so far. Good luck!
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Directly directed

I lost 25 pounds and was able to keep off 20. I don't do points everyday but now I think I have a better understanding of nutrition and portion sizes and I just don't eat as much. I think it's a fabulous program. Good luck!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    yes, I lost 30 pounds and gained back 35 pounds. It's not a diet. You have to eat that way forever.
    There is no "diet" in the world that will keep weight off forever, unless you stick to it. You can't lose weight on a diet and then go back to the way you ate before and expect it to stay off.

That is why WW works, it isn't a diet. It changes how you eat and you can stick with it for the rest of your life. Since I got pregnant, I stopped counting points, but I kept up with the general portion sizes and I have kept the weight off and had very minimal weight gain. It is more of a lifestyle.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• A New Kind Of Villain

Believe it or not, back in 2002 I weighed about 280. I went on Jenny Craig and was able to get down to around 200 in 10 months. The reason I liked it so much is because it talks to you about balancing in realistic terms like calories. Systems that have you balance points seem to be great for when you use their foods and others that allow these measurements, but not on a bigger scale.

With Jenny Craig I started at a 1700 calorie/day plan and when I'd lost enough, we went to 1500 calories/day. This helped me balance with normal food a lot easier once I stopped Jenny Craig and not only did I keep the weight off, but I kept losing because I'd learned to realistically balance foods. Unfortunately I learned a little too well as I was able to restric better and fell into anorexic tendencies for the last few years (I got down to 150; but keep in mind, I'm 6'1''). Nowadays I'm trying to actually eat regularly and stay balanced but I keep falling back every once in while. I teeter inbetween 160-165 nowadays (Much lower than when I left Jenny Craig, although they keep sending me pamphlets asking me to come back), but the point of the story is I don't think I could have learned to balance foods with terms that don't really apply universally.
    Last edited by Sadako; 09-28-2006 at 08:29 AM.
    Julie Rei

"Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere." - Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"I suppose you have no choice but to revolutionize the world." -Mikage Souji (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Wow Sadako, thanks for sharing your story and what an amazing success story. Congratulations.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Okay, let me ask a stupid question.... is Weight Watchers a program like Jenny Craig where you go in and meet with someone on a regular basis, etc. or do you just do it on your own by purchasing a book (like Adkins)?

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast