Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• most magical vaca ever

YES! There IS a Santa Claus!

Last night as I was driving home from the grocery store my 8 year old daughter strikes up a conversation about decorations....

There is a house on our block where the guy that lives there goes totally nuts decorating for Xmas. She says... I think he should decorate more for Halloween because he does so much for Xmas time. I said well, he can't decorate that much for Halloween because it's "Santas Workshop" for our town and he doesn't have much time to set up for Halloween and then get ready for Xmas.

She then goes on and says "Maaaaaa- I'm not a kid anymore, I know about Christmas"

Get me some tissues because I cannot deal with this!

I am so glad I was at a red light because I was trying to wipe away the tears! How did my baby grow up so fast and how could she be telling me that she knows all about Christmas!!!!

We were only a few blocks from our house so we discussed this some more.... She said that all her friends in school don't believe in Santa and they know he's not real

Whaaaaaaaat??

I was floored.... I guess it came to a big shock to me since my son believed in santa for SOOOOOO long- I think he still believes at 12!

So, I continued on and said that Santa lives in our hearts and we can choose to believe or not to believe.

She then hugged me when we got out of the car and said "I believe".

Oh man, why don't they prepare parents for the day when they do these things to us? I'm crushed!

~~~~~~

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Re: YES! There IS a Santa Claus!

I dunno what Im gonna do/say the day my kids tell me they dont believe in Santa.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by frecky View Post
    I dunno what Im gonna do/say the day my kids tell me they dont believe in Santa.
    I'm with you! I don't even want to think about it. But I was the age my oldest is now when I figured it out! I hope I don't slip up like my parents did.

• most magical vaca ever

Use the "Santa lives in your heart" line
    ~~~~~~

• Senior Minion

Well, my parents never told us about Santa, so when I was at school and kids starting talking about him I had no clue what they meant. Overall I think I came out pretty good.

I don't have any children, but I think that I would raise my own children not believing in Santa either because then he gets all the credit for all my hard work! :-D

I am a believer! I know the real Santa
    So who is that guy on the left?
    Why it's Santa! Ho, ho, ho
    http://www.npworkshop.com
    Or could it be Promo-Man?
    http://www.silentsalesmen.com

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

My brother (whos 22) asked me if Im ever gonna tell the girls about santa. I flat out told him that they can believe in Santa until they are 80 if they want. One year Im not just gonna go "hey kids, just wanted to let you know that Im the one buying you presents and signing that they are from santa!". Heck no.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Senior Minion

When I was about 9, I figured it out on my own (but I kinda always knew), but my mom likes us to at least act like we believe, to make Christmas more enjoyable.

We used to live next to a court, and our parents would hide the big 'santa' presents at the neighbor's houses, so we'd all go into my room when we heard my parents leave, because I had a window with a view of the court, and we had seen them coming back with 2 bikes that my brothers were given the next morning.

I don't know what i'd tell my kids about Santa, when I baby-sit around Christmas, I tell them at Santa does exist, and he is very hard at work all year long making toys, and that he is always watching them.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• For You!

Living in Arizona, my neighbor was a professional santa. So, my kids always thought that this Arizona was Santa's summer home. It worked wonders if they were being naughty! I told them that Santa was just across the street and he could keep a better watch on them!

Also, I'm 33 and still believe in Santa - maybe not the hohoho guy, but the spirit of him. And heck, if someone left a few surprise presents under the tree for me, I wouldn't question it!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

I figured out Santa when I was pretty young thanks to my grandparents talking about the Easter Bunny really loud when I was "asleep" on Easter, but my brother didn't really know about Santa until kids at school started talking about him. My brother tended to lie about things when he was younger and would get in trouble for it so when he talked to my mom about Santa that night he said "So you've just been lying to us all of these years?!?!".

That made my mom feel pretty horrible about the whole thing at the time, but today it's a funny story.

• love my friends

My girls still believe of course since they are only 5 and 4

i have a story to tell .. last christmas after my older kids left on the plane to go back to canada, both girls were soooooooo upset.. they missed the kdis already.. we were taking the elevator downstairs at the airport, when a man asked me to hold open the elevator for him, i did and in comes this man who LOOKED JUST LIKE SANTA.. both girls mouths fell open.. i looked and smiled (figuring a man dressed up like santa).. anyways he was carrying a brown brief case and the lettering on it said S. CLAUSE.. (he wasnt dressed in his red outfit but blue jeans and a flannel shirt).. he then bent down and said to the girls dont be sad your brother and sister left, they will be back soon to visit you again.. again i was because how did he know that.. (he wasnt near us when we said good bye to the kids) i would have noticed him....

anyways after that the girls stopped crying and smiled.. and i had tears in my eyes.. this was just so amazing that this man came at the right time

Friends for life

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Living in Arizona, my neighbor was a professional santa. So, my kids always thought that this Arizona was Santa's summer home. It worked wonders if they were being naughty! I told them that Santa was just across the street and he could keep a better watch on them!

Also, I'm 33 and still believe in Santa - maybe not the hohoho guy, but the spirit of him. And heck, if someone left a few surprise presents under the tree for me, I wouldn't question it!
    Hey, i'm 22 and believe!! Josh Groban's christmas song "Believe" makes Christmas just seem more magical, "Believe in what you feel inside and give your dreams the wings to fly. You have everything you need, if you just believe." It's about believing in the spirit of the holiday.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

That's an awesome story Kelly!

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalCastle View Post
    That's an awesome story Kelly!

I know.. it was just so wonderful.. I wonder if the girls will remmeber this when they get older, I hope so.. i mean you never know this guy could have been the real santa

Friends for life

If you keep any memory book or even baby book for them, I'd write that story in there. It's a keeper for sure!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast