Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• love my friends

Smile Christmas Plan?? or Traditions?

Yep I know this is early.. but got to thinking about christmas today.. does anyone have any special plans or traditions for christmas?? I love christmas so much

2 out of my 3 older kids from canada are coming down. I realy wanted all 3 of them here but 1 son couldnt get the time off work

but this will be special to me, because this will be our 1st christmas in our NEW HOUSE

Friends for life

• Senior Minion

Re: Christmas Plan?? or Traditions?

Plans (so far) are to stay home, and then later that week go to Cleveland to visit my Grandma.
    My brother is coming home for 2 weeks, and my mom can't wait, but that means that everything we do has to be approved by him and on his time.

Might go up to Clifton Mill Christmas Eve morning like we did last year. They make the best pancakes!! Fluffy and huge!
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• love my friends

we used to go to a church service christmas eve. when we were in california.. hope to do the same thing (have to find the same thing).. then we would drive around and look at peoples decorations, send the girls to bed (they would leave cookies out for santa).. and wake up at about 5 to open presents (yep I love to sleep in) but i am like a kid.. wake up EARLY to open presents.. then i usually make a good breakfast, and start the turkey,ets.. I can hardley wait.. i will have 4 out of my 5 kids here in the new house.. YEAH

Friends for life

• Senior Minion

When we were young up until we moved, every christmas eve, we would all go to the Sacramento Zoo and Fairytale town, since they had free admission and would watch Santa deliver presents to the animals, then we would go to Brookfield's (formerly Bradshaw's) for breakfast/lunch, then go to Christmas Eve services and get to open up 1 present before we went to bed.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by Joshrzmeup View Post
    When we were young up until we moved, every christmas eve, we would all go to the Sacramento Zoo and Fairytale town, since they had free admission and would watch Santa deliver presents to the animals, then we would go to Brookfield's (formerly Bradshaw's) for breakfast/lunch, then go to Christmas Eve services and get to open up 1 present before we went to bed.
    you borught up a memory.. i used to let my older kids open up 1 present christmas eve.. havent done tha to the young ones though.. hmmmmmmm

Friends for life

• Banned User

my kids and I go out and look at all the pretty houses, and lights. we do this for a few weeks acually, and we love seeing it all over town. on christmas eve we rent a good christmas movie, or watch one on tv, then we eat popcorn, and talk about what christmas means. when the kids go to bed I scramble to get everything gathered up and fill stockings and make sure everything is up and working. batteries in things, and make sure the dogs stocking is filled to. then I crash since this takes me a few hours
    Christmas morning I have the video player going, and the paper is a flying, kids eating all the stuff in there stocking and me wishing I was back in a warm bed
    Then after a few hours we go to moms for a great breakfast and mom and I work on the dinner.when we get home we all crash, and the kids are content to play with the new stuff and very tired.
    We listen to a lot of christmas music, and of couse we have all kinds of music going . like our chimes that play 21 different songs. that drives me batty after a while, but the kids love it and so I turn it on low. Me, I find my kaulua and nog and sit down and recoup from the day

Kelly, there is a park here that decorates for Christmas, and they charge to drive through, proceeds go to charity...it is a great thing to do if you love to look at lights!

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by awesomemama View Post
    Kelly, there is a park here that decorates for Christmas, and they charge to drive through, proceeds go to charity...it is a great thing to do if you love to look at lights!

theyn do that in californai too.. where is it>>would love to go

Friends for life

Sunset park, way in the south east....around I-95 and Tropicana. Pretty easy to get to though, maybe a 15-20 minute drive for you.

• love my friends

Quote Originally Posted by awesomemama View Post
    Sunset park, way in the south east....around I-95 and Tropicana. Pretty easy to get to though, maybe a 15-20 minute drive for you.

thanks we wil do that this year thanks for the info

Friends for life

• is on the rocks

Christmas traditions for me include making cookies/candy to give as gifts. The entire extended family on my dad's side usually gets together, although now that most of us are married and almost as many of us have kids, it gets a bit harder to have everyone together.

Last year was the first time I was away from home for Christmas. DH (he was DF at the time) and I spent Christmas with his parents in New Mexico. Part of the tradition there is to set up luminarias. That was fun for me to experience for the first time.
    She did it!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My plan? Sleep.

• Sshhh, being very quiet

We stay up late and open gifts at midnite...

• my two sunshines

Quote Originally Posted by kelly View Post
    Yep I know this is early.. but got to thinking about christmas today.. does anyone have any special plans or traditions for christmas?? I love christmas so much

2 out of my 3 older kids from canada are coming down. I realy wanted all 3 of them here but 1 son couldnt get the time off work

but this will be special to me, because this will be our 1st christmas in our NEW HOUSE
    I think my families Christmas' together are over - my Mom really held the family together at holidays and since she passed away last year, there have been no family holidays. My Dad and one of my brothers and his family are going to Cancun over Thanksgiving - and Christmas, well I doubt we'll be together again anytime soon. It's a total bummer and I hate it - the first Xmas after my Mom passed no one wanted to even have a Christmas, I didn't decorate or get a tree or presents, either did my Dad - maybe my brothers did cause they have small children but I don't know, we didn't talk.

I absolutely hate it - every Christmas morning we would all go over to my parents house and have brunch - eggs, bagels, lox, potatoes, bacon, the works - drink memosa's all morning then open gifts with the kids - my Mom would buy so many gifts, they would cover the whole downstairs -

I really miss Christmas, heck I miss holidays period with my family - but no one seems to be very interested anymore. Geez I'm tearing up writing this!

This Christmas tho my daughters (18 and 15) and I are driving to our new home in New Mexico. So Christmas on the road.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    My plan? Sleep.
    Ditto! I'm sleeping in, my parents hate it though.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast