Looking into cosmetic surgery and need advice

I am considering getting some cosmetic surgery done and was curious if any other MC women have BTDT and are willing to share their experience with me? I'm also looking for referrals for a good surgeon in the OC or LA area.

Feel free to PM me or post here if you'd like.

Thanks so much!

Crystal

• For You!

Re: Looking into cosmetic surgery and need advice

Btdt?

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Sorry,

Been there, done that.

• For You!

What exact surgery are you looking to have performed?

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalCastle View Post
    I am considering getting some cosmetic surgery done and was curious if any other MC women have BTDT and are willing to share their experience with me? I'm also looking for referrals for a good surgeon in the OC or LA area.

Feel free to PM me or post here if you'd like.

Thanks so much!

Crystal

I never got it but my sister did. She went in for her nose. My mom thought it would a cute idea to try and form her nose when she was young but then as she got older my sister had a lump she was self concious about it and got the surgery done it came out pretty well.

The only advice I can offer is research research research make sure
    you get the history of your doctor and see if he had any compliants
    against them..
    Quote Originally Posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair) View Post
    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

• love my friends

My sister in law got plastic surgery done on the face (a face lift) she loved it.. she had it done twice.. (she is older) she is 65.. it made her look about 10 years younger.. i would love to get rid of some of my wrinkles.. but am tooooooooo scared to go thru the surgery process.. plus I really dont have the $$ to do it

Friends for life

• "Always On The Move..."

RESEARCH RESEARCH RESEARCH!!! AND get references!!!!!

I had to have a deviated septum (broken nose) repaired about 15 years ago. Due to stunt-related injuries, my nose had been broken about 9 times and finally couldn't breath through it. My local doc recommended this surgeron who "Did all the facial repairs on Mark Hamills face after he was in a severe car wreck." Well, I had heard that Hamill had been in a wreck and required pretty extensive reconstruction...which looked to be incredibly well done. The surgeon I was recommended to gave me the same story.

First mistake was not liking him the moment I met him and not listening to my gut feelings. He did the surgery, but since I told him I did want any alterations on the exterior of my nose, just to be able to breath, he did nothing except rebreak the nose and didn't reset it. He THEN took it upon himself to do unauthorized liposection while I was under.....He kept me under so long that I had a reaction and had to be "jumpstarted" to get back going..at which time I woke up during the nose proceedure and couldn't move a muscle but could feel everything he was doing to me. (Couldn't scream, move, ect..but just feel).

The result was I now have one nostril that is almost totally closed off, still have pain in the bridge of my nose all these years later. And worse, the unauthorized lipo has left my neck and chin with a lop-sided sag that I need to go and get repaired (just been too scared to go back to another doctor...even though I tend to fixate a bit on this). When I tried to sue him for malpractice, everysingle doctor I talked to stated that I "had been butchered" but not a single one would testify against him...so when I finally did find one (quite awhile later) who would testify, the surgeon had already had his license pulled and had filed bankruptcy. Also, he had never ever been anywhere near not only Mark Hamill, but any other actor as well. He had made up the entire story, and wasn't even authorized (or trained) to do lipo.

I have to take some responsibility as I didn't follow through on the research..being the trusting soul that I am, I took the guy at his word. So background checks, licsencing board checks, references, etc. I am going to go back (probably this summer) and have things repaired, but it took me all this time to get over the fear. Good luck
    Quote Originally Posted by migo View Post
    I poop with joy!
    Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6