Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Thumbs up Cheapskate...And Proud!!!

I have long bragged about being the best bargain hunter around. And so here I am to prove it. I got $100 dollars from my grandma for Christmas so I decided to go shopping and get myself some clothes yesterday, which I am in desperate need of. I even amazed myself at what I got for the money!

2 spaghetti strap tank tops (for layering)
    3 tank tops, also for layering but also for smoothing since they are the seamless kind
    5 shirts of various styles
    1 pair of way cute jeans (they are in the pic under the boots and other pants)
    1 pair of dressy pants
    1 pair of black boots with a nice heel
    3 scarves, they feel like cashmerre!
    2 pairs of gloves to match scarves, I already had black ones and the gray ones aren't pictured
    1 belt

What would you expect all that to normally cost? I don't know since I never pay full price for anything!

My total- $88!! I even amazed myself. And I am not kidding! Only one thing was over $10 and only 2 other things were over $5. I love clearance!

And here is the picture of all my loot- it doesn't look cheap, does it?

So, are there any other cheapskates out there like me?
    Last edited by TinkPink; 12-21-2006 at 02:06 PM.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Directly directed

Re: Cheapskate...And Proud!!!

For the most part yes. I amaze all my friends and family with what I pay for things but there are some things I will pay full price for. Like anything Kate Spade, and ridiculously overpriced stuff from Disney including Valut 28. But normally if it's not on sale I'll wait and If It's gone then it wasn't meant to be

•   
    • So fetch

I would be but I NEVER find anything cute on clearance.

That's great that you found so much for the amount you paid. I to your clearance shopping awesomeness.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Where did you get that all at?

Back in October I hit the outlet mall by WDW and made a killing at the Gap outlet. I got 3 pairs of jeans, a sweater & 2 long-sleeved t-shirts for I think $85 total. I'm going back there next month to see if I can score more bargains!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice's Wonderland View Post
    For the most part yes. I amaze all my friends and family with what I pay for things but there are some things I will pay full price for. Like anything Kate Spade, and ridiculously overpriced stuff from Disney including Valut 28. But normally if it's not on sale I'll wait and If It's gone then it wasn't meant to be
    I pay full price for some things too. Like make up- that is my indulgence! I just got new foundation and powder and that was almost $60!!

Oh, and I got it all at Target! I love me some Target.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Circle of Ancients

Awesome! Well done Tink Pink. I definitely need to take lessons from you!

• I love loop jokes.

Wow! Everything looks really nice. I'm amazed you only paid $88 for all of those clothes. And none of the stuff look cheapie. Good job!

• Directly directed

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink View Post
    I pay full price for some things too. Like make up- that is my indulgence! I just got new foundation and powder and that was almost $60!!

Oh, and I got it all at Target! I love me some Target.
    I LOVE Target. Seriously the greatest store EVER!! I do buy expensive powder. It's $18 and it kills me everytime I need a new one. All my other makeup comes from Target.

And for the record I shop at designer stores. I have a penny skirt from Macy's and a $8 skirt from Nordstroms. A pair of Abercrombie shorts fro $15 and the most amazing Ann Taylor dress for $35

• ...is fading out....

Blog Entries

You're not cheap - you're frugal.

• rainy day girl

Blog Entries

Stacy, you are my goddess.
    Looking for the truth about giraffes? http://www.menacinggiraffes.blogspot.com/

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Awesome!!! You are the woman!!! And I agree with Disneyland Daddy... you're just frugal!!

Teach my daughter your secrets will you!?

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Great job Stacy!!!!! And here I thought I was doing well last week when I got three tops at Mervyns for $60!

Target is hit or miss for me. I rarely can find cute stuff in my size. But it looks like you hit the jackpot!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbole View Post
    Great job Stacy!!!!! And here I thought I was doing well last week when I got three tops at Mervyns for $60!

Target is hit or miss for me. I rarely can find cute stuff in my size. But it looks like you hit the jackpot!!!!
    It is hit or miss with me too. For one, we have Super Target so we have more in our stores to choose from. And two, seriously half of the store is on clearance right now! I have never seen anything like it. Most of the shirts I bout were $3.20 and both pairs of pants were $6. I want to add up what it all would have costed if it wasn't on sale.

Sometimes I go to Target and find absolutely nothing I like or that fits.

I have never shopped for expensive clothes. I just can't do it, I've tried. I see a shirt or something that is like $50 and I just can't buy it because I always think if I shopped the way I normally do I could be getting 3 or 4 things for every one thing I buy. I can't bring myself to spend more than $20 on any clothing item usually!

• Man O Lantern

Quote Originally Posted by TinkPink View Post

And here is the picture of all my loot- it doesn't look cheap, does it?

So, are there any other cheapskates out there like me?
    I love that's it's all cheap AND coordinated. An impossible feat to pull off!! Well done, gorgeous!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Yay! I got the Stinkerbell approval! Since you and dmom are my idols, that means a lot!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast