Super Bowl party for non-football fans

Okay, I admit it, no one in my immediate family is a football fan. We don't watch it on tv, don't have a favorite team, and don't even own a big-screen tv (which I understand is a must-have for football game viewing )
    Herein lies my problem...
    my daughter's boyfriend's dad has hinted that they would like to spend Super Bowl Sunday with us. Since we've been to their home SEVERAL times and they've not been here, it's logical that we should have some sort of party here.
    so should I just go to the internet and google "super bowl party" for ideas? or can someone please share some successful party ideas with me?
    Are super bowl parties a big deal? bbq? buffet? chips and dip? tailgate party in the driveway? beer? other adult beverages?
    HELP!

• Queen of Sarcasm

Re: Super Bowl party for non-football fans

All the Super Bowl parties I have been to have included everything you have mentioned. Some people order trays from delis while some have just gone to Subway to get a huge sandwich. Chips, dips and alcoholic beverages have been staples at all the parties I have gone to though.

• Circle of Ancients

Super Bowl parties are a blast! Be sure to have lots of good drinks and good eats! And if you don't like football, that's okay because the commercials and half time show will keep you entertained!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

If you don't want to watch football, you can always tune into the Puppy Bowl III on Animal Planet. The kitty halftime show is worth its weight in gold!

• Man O Lantern

We always go to Super Bowl parties and I never watch the game.

Adult beverages are a must. A big sandwich is a hit, lots of chips, maybe a crock pot full of chili (we have one guy who makes his award winning chili every year) with all the trimmings, and a veggie tray? I usually bring a salad and an assortment of cookies.

We do betting thing, too, but I don't remember how it's done. I'll ask my husband and post again. It's on a grid and it's 50 cents a square....someone keeps track of it and divvies up the money each quarter, plus there are booby prizes. Last year I got a Nascar valentine box of chocolates.

Have fun planning!!